Chridtmas decorations at WL are down January 2

luv2sleep

DIS Veteran
We got here last night on New Years Day. We are staying in the villas. I thought decorations wold be up through January 5th. I guess not. They were taken down overnight. I hope they see still up in the parks.

We got here last night on New Years Day. We are staying in the villas. I thought decorations wold be up through January 5th. I guess not. They were taken down overnight. I hope they see still up in the parks.

It's rather amazing how they can take them all down overnight. We were at VWL on year for the marathon and they were up on Sunday night and when we got up on Monday morning they were all gone.

It's rather amazing how they can take them all down overnight. We were at VWL on year for the marathon and they were up on Sunday night and when we got up on Monday morning they were all gone.

It is amazing. The same thing happened when we stayed at BLT for the Marathon in 2010. Except for the Mickey Monorail wreath, it was as if there was no Christmas!

That's a bummer. It would be nice if they would keep them up until after January 6, which is Epiphany (the day the wisemen arrived). But so few people celebrate the 12 days of Christmas any more, it doesn't surprise me.

That's a bummer. It would be nice if they would keep them up until after January 6, which is Epiphany (the day the wisemen arrived). But so few people celebrate the 12 days of Christmas any more, it doesn't surprise me.

At that point they are getting ready for the marathon, setting up the water stops and medical tents, that they might not have the extra staff available to do everything. Especially with the added two races this year.

:( . We were there to see them go up this year. Well we didn't 'see' them go up but it seemed like everyday there were a few more decorations. Then one day BAM, huge Christmas tree in the lobby. The decorations were really nice, WL at Christmas is pretty awesome. Definitely went to the top of our resort short list.

We saw the trucks coming in last night about 1030. It was quite an operation...at least 5-6 semis. I would guess GF will come down tonight since they were dismantling the Gingerbread house this morning. Akl is in full Xmas swing, as well as beach club (still had gingerbread carousel up tonight). Boardwalk only had gingerbread house up (closed) but all other Xmas was gone. Also as of last night (Jan 1) CR had all Xmas up. I know we stayed at wlv 3 yrs ago at this time and the decor didn't come down until the 5th. I was surprised to see it coming down last night but I guess it must all end at some point!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter