Christmas Day opening hours?

mickeyforpresident

DIS Veteran
Hello everyone.... according to the official website, MK opens at 9am on Christmas Day.... from everyone's vast experience, is that going to be right or is it likely that the park will actually open earlier? Thank you!

They usually update the hours nearer the time, but in the past we've turned up for a 7am opening and the gates were already open with CM's welcoming guests.

It's normally been 8am for all guests and 7am for guests staying on property. Sometimes the park will be opened slightly earlier than 7am. The first couple of hours are great before the crowds arrive!

We used to get there for opening but now aim to arrive for around 9am. We do our three fast passes, watch the parade at noon and then leave soon after.

I think we're you going to park at Epcot go over to mk on the monorail till lunch then back to Epcot for rose and crown at 1.30

We’re going to avoid MK on Xmas day like the plague. We’ve got Cape May for breakfast at 9am, then we hope to play some crazy golf. Then we’ve got fp for soarin and mission space in Epcot for just after lunch. For the evening we’ve got dinner st California Grill so we can watch the MK fireworks from their outside terrace.

We’re going to avoid MK on Xmas day like the plague. We’ve got Cape May for breakfast at 9am, then we hope to play some crazy golf. Then we’ve got fp for soarin and mission space in Epcot for just after lunch. For the evening we’ve got dinner st California Grill so we can watch the MK fireworks from their outside terrace.

We are at cali grill for dinner too! Very excited now

Hope you all have an amazing time. I have to admit I am super jealous!! xx

by the way, i'll probably be in the states then too (though i haven't bought a plane ticket yet)..
however, i'll be in the very very very cold north (michigan)....but i will make a point of visiting the disney store!! woo hoo

Haven’t been Christmas week since 2010 but it was 7am at MK that week. Even in the busiest week of the year people like to sleep so 7-10 is great. Myself and DD has the best day even on 26.12.2010 at MK. We arrived at 6.30am and were first in. Very fun. Started with three turns on BTM workout getting off. The best start to any day :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!