Me - Julie (39)
DH - John (42)
DD - Abbey (16)
DS - Lewis (9)

Pre-trippie
Day 1
Day 2

Day 3 - Wednesday 4 December - last day :sad2:

I slept better last night, the room was as lot cooler thanks to the wonderful air con :thumbsup2. Much discussion again last night about EMH and Lewis said to Abbey that she couldn't miss it as she HAD to do Peter Pan. I woke early thinking I'd slept in but is was only 5:30. I dozed off and got up around 7am. I packed up a bit, washed my hair and got ready. At 8am everyone was still sleeping. I gently woke Lewis as I knew he'd be mad if he missed EMH. I said he could go back to sleep if he wanted. He said he'd think about it.....2 seconds later he was up and running into the bathroom to get ready :rotfl:

I set the alarm for the sleepy heads and off we went. Minnie was in the hotel lobby at the photo point and we headed outside to the parks. It wasn't as cold this morning. We were in the park by 8:30.

Lewis said he'd loved Orbitron yesterday so I suggested we go there first today.

It was very quiet and we were the only riders :thumbsup2 I really like this ride and think it's so funny when it tips to the side and you think you're going to fall out :rotfl:

Next up we did Buzz which was a walk on. The ride stopped a couple of times meaning we could get some extra points. Our scores at the end were fantastic! Level 4 for both of us!

We passed through the castle and into Fantasyland. Lewis said 'I don't think we need another picture at the sword, do we?'. Ok then....We started with the Carousel, this time on a horse:

Then Peter Pan, which was still a walk on at this time. Next up was Dumbo. Thankfully it wasn't covered in ice today :)

As we made our way back to the castle Lewis couldn't resist the sword :lmao:

Some more photos on the way

It was time to get back to the hotel to meet the others, and I spotted a Main St car, so we hopped aboard. This is the same car we had in summer that I'd forgotten to take a photo of.

Whilst on this, DH phoned me to say they'd slept in and instead of meeting in the lobby could we just meet back at the room. This turned out to be a better idea as I used the time it took for them to get ready to get the room packed up. I tried to view the hotel bill on the TV, but the remote was sticking so couldn't see it. We said goodbye to our room and made our way to downstairs to check out. I got our bill which was all ok and mentioned to the receptionist that the remote was sticky. She made a note and said she'd get it changed for the next guests. DH left our bags to be picked up for later and then we were off upstairs for breakfast.

It was about 10.00 now and the Empire State Club room was empty apart from us :woohoo:

We had a really nice relaxed breakfast. No characters this morning, maybe because it was so quiet. Bye, bye Empire State Club.

Minnie was at the photo point. Lewis didn't seem fussed but when Abbey said she wanted a pic, he was happy to join her ;)

The plan today was to go to the Studios and then only if we had time, back to the main park before being picked up at HNY at 3pm. I don't think we've ever done a completely full day in just one park before, we usually park hop - but thinking about it we got so much done yesterday. It was so nice and relaxed. Still, I was really looking forward to seeing the Studios today :)

I liked the decorations here

Abbey wanted to try for Crush first. The display wasn't working so we had no idea of the wait time, but it didn't look too busy so she and DH went off to do this. Lewis and I went for a wee fly on the carpets, walk on.

And Cars - 10 min wait on this.

There was a lady in the queue beside me who said that she was surprised by how long it took to get everyone on and off the rides. I agreed with her about Cars in particular. It does seem slow, but I suppose with all the saftey things they need to be sure the Cars are weighted with people in the correct seats and belts on. Despite all the notices in the queue there are always people not putting on belts or having the larger people in front etc.....I said to her that the other rides weren't quite as slow (parachutes excluded...) and that on Cars it was always slower too because people stopped to take photos of McQueen and Mater.

Anyway, as we got to the front I watched in disbelief as I watched this very same lady shout for her partner to come in the exit after she got off with her lo, and get him to take photos beside McQueen and Mater :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: - pot, kettle eh?

Lewis and I had fun on this - it goes surprisingly fast

On our way now to TSPL - some real progress on the new Ratatoullie ride:

Slinky - walk on.

Parachutes was showing about 30 min wait and RC 25

DH text to say they'd finished on Crush so must have been about 30 mins max wait. They were off to do TOT. Lewis said he might try this :scared1: I don't like it at all :sick: I text DH to say we'd meet him after their ride to see if Lewis wanted to go on.

We strolled the park whilst we waited on them

I'd heard that Blockbuster Cafe had a makeover and High School Musical had been replaced with Iron Man. He is Lewis' favourite Marvel Superhero so we headed in that direction. On the way we noticed Mulan with almost no-one else around her. We stopped and only waited a few minutes before she spoke to Lewis.

She was great with him asking what he knew of her story. Thankfully he does know the Mulan story thanks to his sister's video collection....so he was able to tell her all about it. She was very impressed and said that Shang had showed her some moves and she was going to teach him. Lewis asked it was like being a Ninja, and she laughed that it was :)

She was very good with him. Well done Mulan :thumbsup2

Then we spotted Mary Poppins and Bert

We also saw Snow White and Aladdin and Jasmine but couldn't get near them.

We popped into the shop at TOT to wait for DH and Abbey and when they came off we had a discussion about Lewis going on. He'd changed his mind by now so we continued our way to see Blockbuster Cafe.

Some obvious photos on the way

Blockbuster Cafe was closed but we got a good look inside the window and it looks really good :thumbsup2

Aerosmith was closed for a planned refurb and the stunt show wasn't on until 14:45 which was too late for us. We passed TOT and there was only a 5 min wait so DH and Abbey popped on here again. Lewis and I took some more pics around TSPL and more views of the Ratatoullie ride

A wee bit cold now we went into Art of Animation for Lewis to do some drawing. I love the shop in here - this is just lovely :cloud9:

DH and Abbey met up with us in here. Abbey liked this pic

Time now for Cinemagique. Despite seeing this many times, we still really enjoy it and never miss it. We sat and waited to spot the guy. He is usually there in plenty of time but today it was only a minute to show time before he appeared. I love the reaction of the audience when it's clear they've never seen it before. :rotfl:

When this was finished it was about 1pm. We debated getting lunch, but weren't too hungry as we'd had a later breakfast. Only 2 hours left before we'd be picked up from the hotel so I asked if there was anything they'd like to do one last time. BTM was the unanimous decision :thumbsup2

Some more lovely windows in Main St

Off through Liberty Arcade to BTM, thankfully showing 15 minute wait. Again we used the left hand lane and practically lapped people in the queue :rotfl: The two previous goes on BTM Lewis had sat with me first and DH second. He'd also tried to get a carriage near the front. This time he declared he wanted to go on with Abbey and didn't care where he sat :thumbsup2

This was great and I loved hearing Lewis woop on the way round :woohoo:

I said that it was time now to get something to eat, shops and then back to the hotel. The others wanted to go for Pirates as a last ride. Now, on every trip my family enjoy taking the mick at how I navigate the parks. I hate getting stuck behind slow moving crowds of people and I zip in between them all. The kids laugh at me and say that I look like I'm on a mission. So, I made if very clear that if they wanted to do Pirates then they'd need to walk 'mum style'. They agreed and off we went. It was showing a 25 minute wait! It had been a walk on the entire trip, and there was no way I could risk us getting stuck on this. So I had to be sensible mum and say, sorry but no....They gracefully accepted that as they wanted to do some shopping we'd need to leave it today. Bye bye pirates :wave2:

A final walk down Main St and more tree pics

We said goodbye to the beautiful park and decided to make World of Disney our last shop. We got some nice things in here and then went to EOS for lunch. Abbey got something from McDonalds and then we were back at the hotel.

Ezyshuttle were waiting for us and off we went to the airport. The driver explained that Easyjet now fly in and out of terminal 2D as their usual terminal, 2B is being refurbished. Apparently it will be closed for a year or two as it will take some time to change. It was one of the first built. Before we knew it we were at the airport, very early and waited in the much nicer terminal 2D. Security stopped us again and this time a forgotten bottle of half drunk juice in Abbey's bag was the culprit. Flight took off early and we landed in London Luton ahead of schedule. Lewis said that looking down as we landed it looked just like Peter Pan :) We collected our bag and then went right back through to bag check and dropped it off again for our Glasgow flight home in 3 hours time.....Security number 3 and stopped again! Abbey's bag again and this time it was some small Disney sweets in metal tins that caused the problem...

We had tea at Frankie and Benny's to kill some time

We did some shopping, Krispy Kreme's and then took off on time, landing in Glasgow just after 10pm. It was pouring with rain and the landing had been a bit bumpy. Unknown to us it was the start of the storm. We were so lucky to get back when we did. The small shuttle bus was waiting for us outside the airport to take us to our car. We were home for about 11pm.

Final thoughts:

I think this has to be one of the best trips we've ever had, for many reasons. We loved the Christmas decorations, music all over the parks, the weather was fantastic, ride times quick and in general whilst we relaxed we did absolutely loads. If you love Christmas and Disney, then you MUST go to Disneyland Paris at Christmas :santa: The only thing missing for me was my eldest son Mark, who has promised again that he'll definitely come to celebrate my 40th next year. I can't wait :dance3: We had planned a Halloween trip as that's the month of my birthday, but after this experience we might need to re-think.

Thanks again to all on the dis boards, you're all great :thumbsup2

Some of the swag:

Fabulous TR as usual Julie. I cannot wait to go next week now. We went to DLP during Christmas season in 2011 & we went in 2012 for Halloween & for us Christmas time is hands down the best time to go (It was far too busy for us at Halloween)
Thank you for sharing once again :thumbsup2
Dawn.

Aw thank you so much for sharing this! I am going for Christmas season for the first time next year and this report has got me really excited for it. Your 'swag' is absolutely gorgeous.....We decorated our tree tonight and all of our Disney baubles have pride of place! X

Julie, you always write such fabulous trip reports!

I am so very jealous of your Xmas trip, I can't believe you got so much done in such a short space of time! I think you did more in your three days than we did in 5 at Halloween!

I'm really pleased that Mark will be joining you again next year.. but I still can't believe you're nearly 40.. what's your secret? :rotfl:

Fabulous TR as usual Julie. I cannot wait to go next week now. We went to DLP during Christmas season in 2011 & we went in 2012 for Halloween & for us Christmas time is hands down the best time to go (It was far too busy for us at Halloween)
Thank you for sharing once again :thumbsup2
Dawn.

Thanks :) It was so magical, just what a Disney holiday should be. I really want to do this again - in fact is there room in your bag for me on your trip :lmao: Have a great time :goodvibes

Aw thank you so much for sharing this! I am going for Christmas season for the first time next year and this report has got me really excited for it. Your 'swag' is absolutely gorgeous.....We decorated our tree tonight and all of our Disney baubles have pride of place! X

Thanks :) It's taken us too long to get a Christmas trip. DH hates the cold but I had him well wrapped and luckily the weather was on our side :cool2: I can't wait to get my baubles on the tree - it's not up yet as we need a new one this year - hopefully by the end of the week they'll be shimmering away :love:

looks like you all had an awesome time! can't wait to go!

thank you - it was amazing - have a great time :thumbsup2

Julie, you always write such fabulous trip reports!

I am so very jealous of your Xmas trip, I can't believe you got so much done in such a short space of time! I think you did more in your three days than we did in 5 at Halloween!

I'm really pleased that Mark will be joining you again next year.. but I still can't believe you're nearly 40.. what's your secret? :rotfl:

We did loads! I read it back and can't believe it :) LOL, I don't have any secrets.....must be the Disney magic :cloud9:

Ah I couldnt wait til tomorrow. Another great day, sad that its the end of your TR :(
Have you made any plans for your next trip?
I love your Olaf plush!!
Great reading, really enjoyed it. Thanks for posting x

Wow~ I am planning my first trip to DLP and was debating May or September but I'm now thinking I will be pulling my son out of school early December to go then. We are from Buffalo, NY so won't be fussed by the weather. Is it normally such low crowd at the beginning of December?

Loved your report!!! Thank you for sharing.

Ah I couldnt wait til tomorrow. Another great day, sad that its the end of your TR :(
Have you made any plans for your next trip?
I love your Olaf plush!!
Great reading, really enjoyed it. Thanks for posting x

Lol, you couldn't wait :lmao: I wish we'd had more days.... No plans yet but my birthday is in October, so may go then but we loved the Christmas theme so much we might hold off a bit. I have fallen in love with Olaf...he is so cute :cutie:

Wow~ I am planning my first trip to DLP and was debating May or September but I'm now thinking I will be pulling my son out of school early December to go then. We are from Buffalo, NY so won't be fussed by the weather. Is it normally such low crowd at the beginning of December?

Loved your report!!! Thank you for sharing.

Thank you :goodvibes We've never been in December so I don't know if it's always that quiet, but as it was mid-week and not during any school holidays then I think it's pretty much going to be quiet then. No matter what time you go, try to avoid weekends if you can - they are busy all the time. Happy planning :)

I've just read your Christmas trip report Julie - I can't believe I missed this last year. Fabulous, just fabulous, really getting me in the mood for our Christmas HNY trip this year :goodvibes.

Aw Elaine, you've got me all in the mood for another Christmas trip now :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter