Christmas is down when

The official end is January 8th. After that date you can expect the decorations to come down, and Haunted Mansion & it's a small world to have their holiday overlays removed.

Actually Jan 6th this year...but takes a quite few days after that for full removal of everything.

As the PP said, this year, the end of the holiday season is slightly staggered. The holiday offerings in DL (Christmas Parade, Believe in Holiday Magic Fireworks, HMH, etc.) official end on Sunday, January 6 (last day). However, IaSWH will remain open through Jan 20. The holiday offerings in DCA (Festival of the Holidays, Viva Navidad, Three Kings, etc.) will remain through Tuesday, January 8 (last day). It'll take a while to remove all of the decorations, so you'll probably see some remnants for several days.

Basically, they will close Haunted Mansion Holiday first, remove all of the Holiday overlay, reopen it and then close small world, so if it closes on Jan 20th, it will most likely be back up by Valentine's day, probably a little sooner, but it doesn't look like that info has been released yet, so it is possible that they are also planning an extended rehab so that they don't have to close it down during the first year of Galaxy's Edge.

How long does it take to remove the holida from small world?
For the last several year's it's taken a little less than 2 weeks (11 days) to remove the IaSWH overlay. However, they have, in the past, tied longer refurbishments to the overlay removal. We should know in a few weeks if it'll re-open at the start of February or not.

For the last several year's it's taken a little less than 2 weeks (11 days) to remove the IaSWH overlay. However, they have, in the past, tied longer refurbishments to the overlay removal. We should know in a few weeks if it'll re-open at the start of February or not.

As long as it’s back by the 27th if feb I’ll be happy :)

I am SO excited to very likely be able to see Small World Holiday when we come next time, in early January. (I was worried it would already be closed to switch it back.) I hope there are other small bits of Christmas still up then but I know we’re late to the party. We are giving our boys a trip as a Christmas gift. SO excited to be back at Walt’s park. :flower1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter