Christmas Music

disneychrista

DIS Veteran
What are you favorite Christmas song & who sings your favorite version?

I know when it comes to Christmas music you either love it or hate it. So what songs can you simply not stand?

Last edited:
I prefer the "classic" period of Christmas music: the Perry Como, Bing Crosby, Andy Williams Era of the 40's and 50's. So much of the Christmas music that gets play on SiriusXM and local radio comes from that time period. In fact, I think I can count on one hand the number of Como, Crosby, Williams, etc. songs I've heard that aren't Christmas songs!

My favorite Christmas song, however, is kind of a downer. "Christmas In The Trenches," written from the point of view of an English World War I soldier and the Christmas Eve Truce. It's uplifting and sad at the same time.

This is in no way a traditional song and I’ll actually be surprised if others know it.. Christmas Bride. It’s what I walked down the aisle to when I got married on Boxing Day almost three years ago.

I love Christmas music and mostly lean towards the era of my childhood. I have lengthy play lists of favorites, and could go on and on but these came to mind first:
Silent Night - Jim Reeves
Aspenglow - John Denver
The Christmas Song - Nat King Cole
Winter Wonderland - Johnny Mathis

DH discovered this song in 2010 and it has been a favorite of ours since. My Favorite Time of the Year by Florin Street Band. The have another one Winter Wonder that is pretty good too.

I love Christmas music - almost all of it. I'm a total Christmas junkie, go crazy inside and outside of the house. I listen to Christmas music my entire 60 mile commute. I'll listen to just about anything...

TSO
Mariah Carey songs
The Waitresses - Christmas Wrapping
Bob Rivers - 12 Pains of Xmas
Elmo and Patsy - Grandma got run over by a reindeer
Nat King Cole - The Christmas Song
David Foster - Carol of the Bells
The Carpenters
On and on and on

I do a dancing display outside my house where I broadcast music on FM radio and program the lights to dance with the music. Current songs in rotation are:

Mad Russian - TSO
12 Pains of Xmas - Bob Rivers
Step into Xmas - Elton John
All I want for Xmas is You - Mariah Carey
Christmas Cannon - TSO
Little St. Nick - Beach Boys

I LOVE Christmas music, so there are way too many to mention. My current favorite album for the last few years is Kelly Clarksons wrapped in red. The above mentioned Pentatonix is great too.

I will definitely listen to lots of Christmas music starting this week when a local station goes to that format. I have lots of favorites. Here's one that is unique...

As far as non-favorites, Taylor Swift's version of "Last Christmas" is sort of a running joke for bad Christmas music in our house. It probably is not even that bad, but she just sounds so bored singing it...

As far as non-favorites, Taylor Swift's version of "Last Christmas" is sort of a running joke for bad Christmas music in our house. It probably is not even that bad, but she just sounds so bored singing it...

Oh, no, it's bad! Excruciatingly bad!

I really don't like any post '70s Christmas recordings. My all time favorites are probably Garland's Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas and Crosby's Do You Hear What I Hear?. But I like most any Christmas recordings from the '30s through the '60s.

I despise most newer versions. ('80s and beyond).

Last edited:
I really don't like any post '70s Christmas recordings. My all time favorites are probably Garland's Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas and Crosby's Do You Hear What I Hear?. But I like most any Christmas recording from the '30s through the '60s.

I despise most newer versions. ('80s and beyond).

Seconding this.

Give me Harry Simeone singing "Little Drummer Boy", Gene Autry's "Rudolph" or Frank Sinatra's "The First Noel" over any newer carols any day.
With the exception of the TransSiberian Orchestra. They are pretty amazing.

Vince Gill's first Christmas album - "Let There Be Peace on Earth" is my all time favorite. I just love it!

My Christmas play list is majority Pentatonix and Celtic Woman with others sprinkled in.

Need to make a new play list now that I am thinking about it. Will link it here when I am finished!

I'm with @rastahomie. The old Nat King Cole, Perry Como songs. I do enjoy the Michael Buble Christmas album, but probably because it's the old fashioned sound.
Count me in for the traditional music as well! I don't really like those top 40 covers of Christmas Music. However, I do like the Kelly Clarkson- Wrapped in Red and Pentatonix Christmas Cd.
It wouldn't be Christmas without listening to: Vince Guaraldi Trio(Charlie Brown Christmas), Mannheim Steamroller. My favorite Christmas song would have to be Carol of the bells, Oh holy night. I can't stand Shake up Christmas by Train(and I love Train!).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter