Christmas Music

Mostly like the versions from the older decades as well (I have a 4 CD set called the "Time-Life of Christmas" compilation that just gets extended play around the holidays), but will listen to some of the newer versions sung by artists from different genres. Vince Guaraldi music from "A charlie brown christmas" gets a lot of air time in the house as well).

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

And since someone mentioned Michael Bublé, here's one of my favorite with him. I haven't yet decided if it's cute, or creepy, having pre-adolescents pantomime a song that's basically about date rape.

I prefer traditional Christmas music and hymns. I do really just love Christmas music. Josh Groban and Pentatonix are amazing.

Josh Groban with "Oh Holy Night."

Unless I'm feeling irreverent, then Bob Rivers' Twisted Christmas songs are worth a chuckle or two. Except once you've heard his lyrics, it's hard not to think of them when the traditional music is played.

I can't stand the song where the kid wants to buy red shoes for his mother for Christmas... so she can wear them to meet Jesus. She's dying... SO not a happy holidays kind of song, or a religious Christmas sone, or... UGH.
that is one of my favs. To each their own.

Favorite fun Christmas song is 'Rockin Around the Christmas Tree' by Brenda Lee
Favorite more spiritual is 'How Many Kings' by Downhere.

Cannot stand that Hippopotamus song....

OMG...the Hippopotamus song! One year DH and I had the company Christmas party at our house and a lady I had only met once said she wanted to provide some of the entertainment. She brought along an instrument (can't remember what it's called) strummed the thing and sang that hideous Hippo song! I wanted to burn our house down to get her stopped! Beyond horrible!!!

This is in no way a traditional song and I’ll actually be surprised if others know it.. Christmas Bride. It’s what I walked down the aisle to when I got married on Boxing Day almost three years ago.

I know it, I know it! My mom had so many Ray Conniff albums and remember that album well.

I can't stand the song where the kid wants to buy red shoes for his mother for Christmas... so she can wear them to meet Jesus. She's dying... SO not a happy holidays kind of song, or a religious Christmas sone, or... UGH.

Have you heard Patton Oswalt's stand-up routine where he riffs on this song? It's hilarious.

I like the oldies, probably because those are the ones I remember hearing at Christmases when I was kid -
Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas - Judy Garland
Have a Holly Jolly Christmas - Burl Ives
White Christmas - Bing Crosby
I'll Be Home for Christmas - Carpenters

HATE-
Santa Claus is Stuck in My Chimney
Christmas Shoes
Wonderful Christmastime

Last edited:
I have over 30 hours of Christmas music on my iTunes library. I always have at least 10 Christmas songs on my IPod (year-round). Starting 4 weeks before Christmas I load 25% of my Christmas music on my iPod, 3 weeks out - 50%, 2 weeks - 75% and one week before Christmas 100%. Then reverse it afterward till 5 weeks after Christmas I'm again loading 10 songs a week into my playlist.

Yeah, I'm a Christmas music lover. Mostly the "old" stuff.

But I like some of the "new" variations.

From the John Williams/Boston Pops orchestra - The Twelve Days of Christmas:
On the twelfth day of Christmas, my true love gave to me:
Twelve cymbals crashing,
Eleven cellos plucking,
Ten fiddlers fiddling,
Nine oboes cackling,
Eight piccolos a’trilling,
Seven trombones sliding,
Six drummers drumming,
Five golden strings,
Forty flat cornets,
Three french horns,
Two one-ton bassoons,
And a bell high up in a pear tree.

Last edited:
And since someone mentioned Michael Bublé, here's one of my favorite with him. I haven't yet decided if it's cute, or creepy, having pre-adolescents pantomime a song that's basically about date rape.

I've always liked Baby It's Cold Outside but since my daughter called it the date rape song I really can't enjoy it without thinking of that....:scared:

I've always liked Baby It's Cold Outside but since my daughter called it the date rape song
Until mentioned on this thread I never thought of this as a "date rape" song. I also just thought about it as a guy not wanting the night to end.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter