Christmas river cruise: ABD vs Tauck

Candycane83

DIS Veteran
I know this has been a question asked throughout the years... but which is better for a Christmas cruise?? I’m looking at 2021 for this and I know Jan 29 is booking date.

so I defer to you guys for your expertise :) which one is better for younger kids? My son will be 7 at the end of next year. Which is better itinerary wise? The ship? Food? I know a lot of people say it’s similar and I’ve read a couple of reviews online which gave general reviews of both... but just wondering what is your latest experience with any of these 2 companies. :)

thanks in advance for everyone’s help!

we have done two river cruises with our kids and they were amazing. Both on ABD and my kids were 6 and 8 on the first and 7 and 9 on the second. I don't know about Tauck, but disney does a great job catering to kids. they have a kids dinner every night that is optional for kids who don't want to do the normal sit down dinner. my girls had a blast.

we are doing our first Tauck trip this summer so can't comment on them

Thanks @lpm23 :) glad for the feedback! Was there restrictions on what excursions your kids could do? And did you do the Danube? How did they like it? What did they like the most in the river cruise?

We’re doing our first trip with Tauck in March and our first trip with ABD in July so I can’t really tell how it compares either:P

I've done 2 Christmas tours with ABD and they have some really fun kid things like gingerbread decorating and tree decorating for Christmas. I would love to do another! I'm sure Tauck is similar and also wonderful so pretty sure you can't go wrong either way.

I've done 2 Christmas tours with ABD and they have some really fun kid things like gingerbread decorating and tree decorating for Christmas. I would love to do another! I'm sure Tauck is similar and also wonderful so pretty sure you can't go wrong either way.
Sounds so fun for both kids and adults! Thanks so much!

We did the Seine and Rhine. Actually doing Danube this summer.
There were only a couple things they couldn’t do. My then 6 year old couldn’t horseback ride on the Rhine and they weren’t big enough for bike riding
But the other options were always great and they loved what they did.
We have done 8 ABD trips and we really love river cruises.

Thanks @lpm23 :) glad for the feedback! Was there restrictions on what excursions your kids could do? And did you do the Danube? How did they like it? What did they like the most in the river cruise?

We’re doing our first trip with Tauck in March and our first trip with ABD in July so I can’t really tell how it compares either:P
We

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!