Christmas shows

nicola

<font color=deeppink>Tinkerbell<br><font color=gre
Was enquiring about booking for Christmas season and trying to decide what dates to go. We are thinking about going Nov 28- Dec 2. I was enquiring about when and what CHristmas shows are on and was told that they all start on Nov 5th (as far as they have been told so far). However, I do remember when we were thinking of going last year that there was one show that didn't start until first week of Dec. Also does anyone know when market started last year-reservations don't know about this yet either. Does anyone know what shows where on last year during Christmas season? Please help as I am desperate to get booked.

Many thanks

Amazingly for me (I'm a bit of an anti-clutter fascist!!!) I've still got last year's brochure. According to that the Noel de Mickey show didn't start until the 4th of December and the Christmas Market in Disney Village was on for 4th & 5th and then daily from 11th December. To be honest I didn't think think the market was anything special - just like any market really - nothing Disney about it though others may disagree!! And while the Noel de Mickey show was nice I wouldn't plan my holiday around it.

If you don't mind Di, what other shows were on last year Christmas season?

Legend of the Lion King
Mickey's Winter Wonderland
Belle's Christmas Village
Christmas Parade
Fantillusion Parade
Cinema Parade (in Studios Park)

Thanks a million Di. Is Noel de Mickey the same as Mickey's Winter Wonderland?

No, le Noel de Mickey is in the Chapparal Theatre in Frontierland - outdoor and includes ice skating scenes and a horsedrawn carriage on stage. Mickeys Winter Wonderland is on the Fantasy Festival Stage (much smaller & indoors) in Fantasyland. They're quite different and both well worth watching.

...in case it makes any difference to you Nicola, I think those shows are the wrong way round - Mickey's Winter Wonderland is the one in Frontierland with ice skating and horse-drawn carriage, Noel de Mickey (the show that doesn't start till December) is in Fantasyland. I do agree that the Christmas market wasn't anything too special and the Noel de Mickey show was nice but for me, I'd rather go in November and miss them than go in December and freeze! :cold: It's probably quieter in November too.

Let us know what you decide!

Rhiannon :wizard:

DisneyRGB said:
...in case it makes any difference to you Nicola, I think those shows are the wrong way round - Mickey's Winter Wonderland is the one in Frontierland with ice skating and horse-drawn carriage, Noel de Mickey (the show that doesn't start till December) is in Fantasyland. Rhiannon :wizard:
She's right again - annoying little girl (but very clever!!!!!) :teeth:

Not sure if I posted this before but I decided in the end to go NOV 26 - dEC 2 ( 2 nights in HI and 1 day of sightseeing in Paris, followed by 4 nights in DLH and 5 full days in parks). Booked and all and got great price on Easyjet flights (£199 return for all 4 of us!!!) also got room at HI for £50 and 4 for 3 offer on DLH. I bit more expensive than what we would normally or like to spend due to staying in DLH, but this is a one of for us. I am so excited already!! Thanks guys for all your help once again!!!

yeah, im going just before xmas too, and can't wait. Should be in the parks on 18th and 19th Dec. Hope it isn't too packed.

Was tempted to do a day trip to paris, but not sure if I can be assed now. Tempted by the designer outlet and the other shopping centre beside Sea Life (What is this shopping centre like anyway?)

5 months to go.... :sad2:

stevey

Stevey, I've never been to the shopping outlets either and have been wondering that myself. I am sure there are plenty on the boards who will reply though.

SteveyJC said:
Was tempted to do a day trip to paris, but not sure if I can be assed now. Tempted by the designer outlet and the other shopping centre beside Sea Life (What is this shopping centre like anyway?)

I can't comment on the outlets, but here's what I know about the shopping centre.

Basically, there is a shopping mall and an outlet center. When you get off the RER at the Val d'Europe station (one stop away from DLP's stop), you are right in front of the mall. The shopping mall is pretty much a regular shopping mall the same that you would find anywhere else, and is probably not that different from your own local shopping mall. The prices at the store are standard, not discounted, as I think it's mainly meant to be a regular mall for people who live in the area rather than for tourists. The one good thing about the shopping mall IMO is Auchan, which is a hyper-marche. The store is 3 stories, one of which is a supermarket. It's the closest supermarket to DLP. The prices are fine- not especially cheap, but certainly not expensive either. Definitely the best place to get certain items, especially fresh fruit & veggies, wine, dairy products, etc. But if you were planning on just eating Disney's food, I would say that it's not necessary to go to Auchan.

SteveyJC said:
Tempted by the designer outlet and the other shopping centre beside Sea Life (What is this shopping centre like anyway?)
stevey

La Vallee Shopping Outlet is high end shopping for the most part. The discounts go from good to excellent. It isnt a dig through piles outlet. It feels more like real boutiques.

http://www.lavalleevillage.com/

MinnieYC gave you a good description of the regular shopping center. Here is their website:

http://www.valdeurope.fr/

Look at the top right to select the english version.

We found the shopping mall to be pretty standard and the aquarium to be very small - after taking the train and visiting both we couldn't wait to get back to the brilliance of Disney!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter