Christmas time

beejai

Mouseketeer
so I’ve decided to take my kids to Disneyland Christmas time 2018, my question is , when would be the best time to book to try and get good airfares prices.
I know it will be a lot more expensive then but this will be the only time my son can get time off work,
Thank you

From memory I think I booked my flights with Fiji Airways in about May for November. We got a great deal then. But I would start checking prices everywhere in the new year until you see them come down to a price you are happy with (and works with your dates). I think departure from Australia gets more expensive after about the first week of December? But hopefully someone who has travelled that time of year will answer.

o_Oo_Oo_O:stitch2::stitch2:Yes they go up a lot at Xmas. I booked Feb I think for Dec 2016. We flew out 16th Dec was Friday , last day of school in NSW for public schools. Was expensive but we only stayed in Anaheim for 4 nights, then on 20th flew to Orlando.
After I bought the tickets, mind you I checked out quite a few travel agents & they all more or less gave the same price, I kept checking prices all the time, couldn't help myself, but the prices just kept going higher, so I was happy, I paid when I did.
Disneyland was beautiful, the Xmas parade was magical, and it's a small world done up for Xmas, was so beautiful.

Hi @beejai
We are going to Disneyland this Christmas (super excited!) We bought our tickets in February, I was happy with the price (like @LivingforDisney I can't help myself either and have been checking the prices for our dates and haven't seen anything cheaper). We are flying out on 11 December, eldest DD won't miss any school but youngest DD will miss one week of (primary) school (which I am not worried about, all they seem to do in that last week is clean up the classroom, have parties and watch movies :P).

We start watching the flight prices when they first get released (usually 11months out). Also, be prepared and flexible with what route you travel. Normally, we fly Delta SYD-LAX-MCO, but we kept open minds. In the end, we booked with Air NZ during their sale, and got PE seats for cheaper than Economy, by going SYD-AKL-IAH-MCO. That was in about April time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter