Church Shooting in Tennessee

Surely though, not every shooting goes reported? There are on average 7 deaths per day in continental USA directly linked to firearms or 4 homicides carried out with a firearm... eventually, it's inevitably going to become a sad background music :( I wish that it wouldn't and would be delighted to be proven wrong :)

EDIT - NOT a firearms debate. At all. Promise.
I sincerely hope all the shootings in our area are reported. As it is, there's a report of about 3 or 4 shootings per week. Most of them include homicides. The Ft. Lauderdale to Miami area must be a large part of the homicides per day, if there is only supposed to be 4. :sad2:

Is anyone else worried that these horrific events are now so common that they have become a non-news story?

Oddly enough, the overall homicide rate is half what it was 20 years ago in the US. But, this type of attack seems to be on the rise. It's hard to explain.

Oddly enough, the overall homicide rate is half what it was 20 years ago in the US. But, this type of attack seems to be on the rise. It's hard to explain.

I think the increasing violence depicted by the entertainment industry, particularly in movies and video games, has served to desensitized people, which may certainly be part of the reason.

The disaster in PR has already been well covered and right now Fox just had an interview with Geraldo Rivera live from PR. Short of 24-7 streaming coverage, I'm not sure what else you're looking for there.

And this has too. But far from me to burst the bubble of those that wish to see a media conspiracy against them where there is none.

Or, "Mass shooting subject halted by armed citizen" fits as well :)
Alice-In-Wonderland-I-See-What-You-Did-There.jpg

Honestly I'm not keeping track of the story because it will just make me sad or worried. We've been talking about security a lot lately in our church leadership meetings. We had a shooting at a local church a few years ago that ended up being a story about a woman being jealous about the attention another woman was receiving from the pastor. I am kind of curious to see what the motive behind this turns out to be.

Last edited:
I'd love to know the motive. That will settle a lot.

From what I've heard (emphasis on heard) it was a lone nutter. Sad really. I mean, as we've seen recently in Europe, you can take guns away from criminals and whilst (point of debate not to be heard here) this may make mass killings harder, criminals will always find a way to spread terror, be it with a knife, a bomb or even a van. Even worse, violence begets violence and before you know it, a sect of people are getting blamed for a radical few's actions, leading to hate, aggression and racism.

Screwy world in many ways.

*shakes my head* But Antioch is such a nice place to go antique shopping! *sigh* Wish people didn't jump to the violent resolution of their problems...

This is terrible! I did not see it on our news and just heard about it. My thoughts go out to Melanie Crow's family and the other people injured in the attack.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter