Cinderella’s Ponies?

Tiffany_m15

The Importance of Body Language!
A few years back, mom and I stayed in a cabin and during a barn tour and after Hoop De Doo we were able to walk around the barn and see the ponies. I know there is construction going on now but for anyone that’s been recently, what horse/pony/animal interactions are left to do right now? The ponies were so close you could reach out and touch them. We didn’t, but my mom loved being able to see them up close. I have a surprise trip booked for her and I am just now realizing (my own fault) that some of the things we liked aren’t even available. Carriage rides? The barn? The ponies? Are there substitutes/fill-ins anywhere at the Fort that anyone has been taking advantage of that may be able to fill the void? Thanks for any suggestions!

They moved the entire stable to near the front entrance parking lot. We enjoyed going to see all the animals and walking around the barn, but did not this trip because it didn't appear to be as accessible as it had been in the past.

From what I understand this is a permanent move.

From what I've seen of the construction (I was there 2 weeks ago), they are in the process of ruining Ft. Wildnerness in favor of a DVC. :( :( :(

Thanks for the response! Sad to hear that. We love the fort. Guess I’ll get to see firsthand in a few weeks.

They moved the entire stable to near the front entrance parking lot. We enjoyed going to see all the animals and walking around the barn, but did not this trip because it didn't appear to be as accessible as it had been in the past.

From what I understand this is a permanent move.

From what I've seen of the construction (I was there 2 weeks ago), they are in the process of ruining Ft. Wildnerness in favor of a DVC. :( :( :(
They are currently constructing a new stable towards the back of the Fort- I think behind 700 loopbut I could be wrong on the location. So no this is not a permanent move.

Serenitygr is correct. Spoke to a CM (management) during our stay over Christmas and the new barn is expect to open this spring. Pony rides right now are being offered up front where the trial rides are. You can still see the ponies, just not as accessible as they were before. Carriage rides were still be offered, they are located at the Meadows trading post starting at 4pm. The wagon rides won't be available until the new barn opens.

Serenitygr is correct. Spoke to a CM (management) during our stay over Christmas and the new barn is expect to open this spring. Pony rides right now are being offered up front where the trial rides are. You can still see the ponies, just not as accessible as they were before. Carriage rides were still be offered, they are located at the Meadows trading post starting at 4pm. The wagon rides won't be available until the new barn opens.
So I decided to call Fort Wilderness directly. I was able to be transferred to someone with more information by calling the golf cart line or the recreation line.

Unfortunately, the carriage and wagon rides that took place during the holiday season were temporary and they are no longer taking place until the Tri Circle D Ranch re-opens at the rear (near Hoop Dee Doo) of FW.

Like mentioned, pony rides (the brown ponies) are still available but they are located at the front stable of FW during construction.

According to the CM I spoke to, Cinderella’s ponies (the small white ones that pull Cinderella’s carriage during special parades and weddings) are not always on property and, during construction, are only stabled at the front of FW when they are needed for special events. When they are not needed for special events, they are stabled ‘off property’.

So basically that meant a big sad face for me 😢 😭 and instead I modified our reservation to another resort mom had been wanting to try. I’ll return to FW once construction has settled down, we loved it. Fingers crossed that the neighboring DVC construction doesn’t completely alter the ambiance at Fort Wilderness.

Thanks for the replies!

As we were leaving today, 2/2/20, the white Cinderella ponies were in a pasture behind the trail ride check in building. So you may get lucky and they will be there when you go.

As we were leaving today, 2/2/20, the white Cinderella ponies were in a pasture behind the trail ride check in building. So you may get lucky and they will be there when you go.
Oh that’s awesome you got to see them! I wonder how often they are there? That’s really cool! I hope you had a great trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter