Cirque shows

Kirby

DIS Veteran
I've only been to one Cirque show, OVO. Has anyone been to it? Can you rate it against those in Vegas?

I have found all the Cirque shows to be very similar in execution. Each has it's own unique theme and music, of course, but each are (to my mind) variations on the same thing; amazingly talented acrobats and dancers doing what they do best. The costumes change, the sets are different, but ultimately each show is the same.

I have seen "oVo". It is no better or worse than any of the others I've seen. I was very impressed by it. I'm very impressed by all the Cirque shows I've seen. So, for me, it comes down to either the setting/theme or the music. Since I am a Beatles fan, "Love" stands out for me and is the only one I can see over and over. The next two are "O" and "Ka"

I normally hate when people respond with information that doesn't answer the OP's post, but in this case I felt I had to :) I am a HUGE fan of Le Reve (currently playing at the Wynn). It is not a Cirque show, but it is directed by Franco Dragone, who directed many of the famous Cirque shows such as Mystere and O, and then left in 1998 to direct on his own. For that reason, Le Reve is similar to the Cirque shows, but it absolutely blew me away. It takes place on a water stage that has an adjustable platform, so there is synchro swimming and high-diving, and then throughout the show they raise the platform and have regular dancing and acrobatics as well. The theater is built "in the round", so everyone has a good seat for the show. I am going to see it for the third time next month. I'm not trying to push it on you, but if you like Cirque, you might very well like Le Reve!

Thank you both for your opinions. It's my husband that wants to see a Cirque show in Vegas. I'd like to see Fator but he doesn't perform the one night we could go. I'd like to see Jersey Boys or the Lion King also.

I've already mentioned LOVE to Joe and he's not interested. I wonder if there is someplace that has a description of each Cirque show? Like OVO had to do with bugs. I'll mention La Reve to him too.

One thing nice, Joe's cousin who lives in Henderson may be able to score us some resident priced tickets.

I read that the Lion King in Las Vegas is closing at the end of the year.

Woody

I saw the Lion King in New York years ago, and it was okay. If given a chance to see a Cirque show here or the Lion King, I would choose Cirque. I even turned down free Lion King tickets (sister-in-law used to work at ESPN Zone here owned by Disney until they closed it). Viva Elvis is awesome if you are an Elvis fan. My favorite Cirque show is La Nouba (in Orlando).

Thanks for all of your responses! We decided on Mystere and purchased the 2 for $100 tickets.

That's a very good price. Enjoy the show.

Woody

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter