Citrico's?

Sazzo'sMommy

DIS Veteran
Could someone please tell me the dress code for Citrico's?

We have a PS for dinner on our upcoming trip and are going to MK afterwards, so what should we wear?

Also, is it too much for a 2 and 5 year old? They have eaten everywhere...CG, FF and more..is this much different?

THANKS!:)

If you've already eaten at CG, FF, then yo u'r efamiliar with "smart casual" - jeans and pants preferably, but shorts are certainly acceptable if of a certain cut. If you're going to a park after, just don't wear grubby sneakers or shorts to dinner.

Your kids sound well-behaved, and are comfortable at the nicer WDW restaurants. They'll have no trouble at Citricos, even though the atmosphere is less frenetic - which is why I prefer Citricos to California Grill or Flying Fish.

When we dine at Citricos, I wear either a dress or a skirt outfit (I am a total slave to fashion though and wear skirts every day in the parks). My fiance wears dress pants and dress/sport shirt. It is dressier than most restaurants on property. Since we are usually more dressed up than those around us in WDW, perhaps my opinion is a bit skewed, but there is a dress code (copied from our itinerary):

Collared shirt preferred for gentlemen. No tank tops, t-shirts, cut offs or jeans.

I don't know if they enforce it, though.

This is a beautiful restaurant and I dress the same here as I do at urban, upscale restaurants. Enjoy your dinner!!

One of the concierge pre-planning offices made a PS for us at Citrico's and sent us a "tip sheet" which stated

"Dress-Code-Dressy casual

Collared shirt prefered for gentlemen. No tank tops, t-shirts, cut-offs or jeans"

To me, park attire doesn't cut it at Citrico's. Most people tend clean up and dress up a bit before going there. We often o to the MK or Epcot after dinner at Citrico's, and just wear what we wore to dinner.

As far as the kids, we've never gotten out of Citrico's in under 90 minutes, it's usually more like two hours. If your's are happy and quiet sitting still for that length of tiem, great! But my experience is that most aren't. Citrico's is a tad more "formal" than the CG and FF, and meals definitely take longer there.

Anne

I think it depends on the kids (and timing) as to whether it's a good idea to take them here. I went with BF for a romantic dinner and it was mostly adults and a few families with teens. I have a niece and nephew who are 4 and 2 who I think are pretty well-behaved, but there's no way I would take them here as I don't think they could sit quietly long enough not to disturb other diners.

all WDW exceopt for V&A is casual Citricos is nice and I have seen young children there

As I stated in my post, Citrico's is a notch above "casual." I agree totally with ducklite; you normally see people dressed nicely in Citricos. Since there is a dress code (whether enforced or not), I would stay within the parameters of that code. I much prefer to be overdressed than underdressed.

Sazzo'smommy:
Just keep in mind that this "code" is actually a "preference"--how they'd like to see you dressed. There will be no one at the door looking you over when you arrive. In fact, at Citrico's they'll be delighted to see you. This restaurant has already been closed two nites a week due to lack of business.
Actually, nice walking shorts and Disney T's are perfectly acceptable at Citrico's and that's how we're always dressed when we dine there. Never, ever been a problem, no one has even given us a second glance, and always others dressed in similar fashion when we eat there.
It's because folks like you are going to the MK after dinner (or as many do,before dinner) that the codes are relaxed at WDW restaurants. They would lose too much potential business were they to get tough on any sort of code.
So--if you want to dress up a bit, that's fine. Many do. But the nice thing is that you don't HAVE to.

thanks for being so kind! I was calling to cancel the PS that my DH had made as a surprise for our anniversary, but I read your post!

You have made me feel more comfortable about eating at a new unfamiliar WDW restaurant!

Thank you again!:)

Go and have a wonderful dinner. We've always found that WDW restaurants do a wonderful job of pacing meals with families. If you want to be out in a hour, skip appetizers or desserts or both.

I sometimes fear that people will be too intimidated to try spots like Citricos for fear that they're not dressed up enough or have little ones. It is a fairly large restaurant and if it's not busy enough......how would we all like another Chef Mickey's;) ???

And I don't mean to offend CM fans. I just think there are already so many options like that. It's nice to have others as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter