City Walk or Disney Springs?

dillydally13

Super
Our first night in Orlando we are staying near Universal and going to Universal the next day before checking into BLT and doing Disney parks the rest of the week. We will probably get in around 3 - so what should we do that afternoon/evening? Head over to City Walk since it is right near the hotel or go to Disney Springs? We have kids - 2, 6, and 9 if that helps.

We run into Citywalk to get into the parks or eat, but truly we rarely just hang out there. Disney Springs feels more enjoyable for us to walk around and spend time. However, there are plenty of great places to eat at Citywalk. We love Emerils Orlando, Toothsome Chocolate Emporium, and both Hard Rock and Margaritaville can be fun for kids. I think you would be fine at either place, but if you're right there why not try Citywalk. Toothsome is a really fun restaurant, and my son loves it. If you go try the chocolate bread with salted caramel butter.

It depends on what you want to do. Are you dining? Which restaurants are more to your preference?

Will you be going to Disney Springs at any point during the Disney portion of your trip? If you are, then you might want to dine at Citywalk instead, especially as a matter of distance/convenience.

I think Springs is a bit better for younger kids - with the huge lego store, etc.

Go to citywalk. Eat at toothsome chocolate emporium. The theming of this restaurant rivals any dining disney puts out, imho

There is not as much shopping as at wdw and DS, but there is minimgolf, movie theater, you can watch rip ride rocket go by. Also a nice preview for your universal day

I'm a path of least resistance type of a person. If it were me and my crew I know that we'd be travel weary by 8p. That's around 5 hours given your schedule. If City Walk is closer, I'd do that. Visit toothsomes, check out some of the shops and then be close to my hotel to return when everyone has had enough.

I'm more of a take it easy the 1st night so we can get up earlyish and spend the day at the park.

We love both, but since you're essentially only spending a few hours there including dinner, I'd also choose City Walk. It will be closer, the dining is great, and by the time you finish eating and browse the few stores there, you'll likely be ready to call it a night. Disney Springs has more stores to browse and probably more that appeals to kids of that age, but you won't have time to get through it all anyway. City Walk also his mini golf which is fun if you're looking for something else to do.

I would go with Citywalk. There are enough to see, plus a decent amount food options that could appeal to everyone. Going from the Universal area to Disney Springs and back again can be time consuming on I4.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter