Clarification on David's rental situation

DVCM did address dues. They said that when this is over, any surplus will be used to offset the 2021 dues owed and not put into capital reserves like the contract indicates it should

I don’t want to derail thread but I just don’t get what information about opening and the program is lacking Right now..other than saying we still don’t have anymore answers yet.
Reread it. IF ...
“Changes may be implemented to the way we we operate, which may add some NEW COSTS.”
All the retrofitting for social distancing just came out of DVC dues.
Only my opinion, but the history of their track record is not great in the favor of members.

Reread it. IF ...
“Changes may be implemented to the way we we operate, which may add some NEW COSTS.”
All the retrofitting for social distancing just came out of DVC dues.
Only my opinion, but the history of their track record is not great in the favor of members.

Im not sure I understand your point. I was simply stating they have addressed that any savings will offset dues which they do not have to do. I didn’t say we will have a surplus just that they told us the plan if there is one. Of course we as owners are responsible for any operations and procedures of the resort so if new safety guidelines are required, we pay. No problem with that.

Question: if I do a credit card chargeback do you think that that will negatively impact the future reservation that I have booked with David's?
Your existing reservation would obviously not be affected by a chargeback. Any future reservations might be impacted if David puts you on his blacklist, but 1) why would David turn away paying customers, 2) many other renters pursued chargebacks, 3) the voucher is not as good as your cash back, and 4) you will get a better deal by renting directly from an owner in the future.

Since chargebacks are more expensive to David than refunds, and it appears you value the relationship with David, you may want to indicate clearly that the voucher terms are not acceptable and you need to get a refund, before actually filing for the chargeback, but are looking forward to future business. Then let us know how it worked :)

If you owned a vacation home but could not get there because of the shutdowns, you would still owe property tax. When you arrived, you would still have to deal with the plumbing. You might need to hire landscapers in your absence. Maybe a squirrel will do something bad that needs fixed.

DVC isn't any different. Many expenses don't go away because the resort is closed. Other expenses will come out of this situation, and will be required for you to make use of the property. This is a timeshare and those costs are your responsibility, not Disney's.

YUP! It's just like owning a home, the expenses continue whether we are there or not. Seems pretty obvious.

That was a typo. I have been working with David’s for over 7 years. They have never cheated me. They always rent MY points by use year and expiration. I do not communicate with the renters. Their process has always been that transparent to ME. I cannot speak for others. The points don’t belong to the broker unless they have been rented. For example, I have posted points that are rentable, but then used them, so I let them know. If they don’t or cannot tent them, there’s no transaction, so they belong to the DVC Member. The points that I did not refund are the brokers. My experience has always been great. I had a family cancel within 30 days and stop payment. David’s found me another renter right away and gave me more money per point b/c of my inconvenience. They didn’t charge the renter b/c their fees are posted.
Can I ask, in the case of the renter stopping payment. Did David say that if the points can't be rerented you would still get payment? I have used Davids for years as well and never had an issue, just wondered what would happen in this case.

Can I ask, in the case of the renter stopping payment. Did David say that if the points can't be rerented you would still get payment? I have used Davids for years as well and never had an issue, just wondered what would happen in this case.

David's has said he would pay under the contract in this scenario with 3 different answers:
1. Absolutey, no problem
2. Only if David's can re-rent the points before they expire, and then only when the new reservation starts.
3. Only if the points can be re-rented, and if the owner is pushy enough, they get paid upon making the new reservation.

Based upon recent reports here, choices 2 and 3 are David's latest policy. If the points cannot be re-rented, David's does not pay the owner the remaining 30%.

David's has said he would pay under the contract in this scenario with 3 different answers:
1. Absolutey, no problem
2. Only if David's can re-rent the points before they expire, and then only when the new reservation starts.
3. Only if the points can be re-rented, and if the owner is pushy enough, they get paid upon making the new reservation.

Based upon recent reports here, choices 2 and 3 are David's latest policy. If the points cannot be re-rented, David's does not pay the owner the remaining 30%.

I gotta be honest, I wasn’t worried about it. My points don’t expire until 7/2021. So I’m not too concerned. I understand other’s concerns. I gave back money on 3 reservations. I’m planning to tell-rebtvthem or reallocate them as needed. Or use them.
I know that probably doesn’t help you, but I felt I should answer 😁

I would be pushy though!!!

1. Absolutey, no problem

While I offered David to re-rent the points from canceled reservations, I would most likely try to rent them myself once the parks open, and then reimburse David - I think it is risky to wait for David to find customers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter