Clarifying kids cs credits on regular dining plan are pooled??

emmamc252

Mouseketeer
sorry I’ve been reading so many posts and just wanted to clarify; we have the regular dining plan for 3 adults and 2 children, so we will get 1 ya credit each a day, 1 counter service credit each and 2 snacks.
1;The snack credits aren’t differentiated between kids and adults so we will basically get 10 per day?
2:the table service credits are serrated into adult and kids and so we must order from corresponding menus
3: the counter services are “pooled” so we would just have 5 counter services per day so the kids would be able to get an adult meal if they so chose? In particular we want to go to Yorkshire fish and chips and they don’t seem to have a child’s option so we would be ok to use their credits here?
4; the table service meals are an entree, dessert and drink which can include alcohol for adults
5; the counter services are an entree and a drink however you can ask to swap a drink for a dessert or side at the restaurants discretion? Is this one correct???

I hope that makes sense I just feel I need to clarify I’ve got it right before I finalise our plans!

Yes to all, with a caveat. At SOME resorts, they will allow you to exchange the drink entitlement of your credit for a dessert or side, since you have your mug. They have pretty much completely cut that option out in the parks and at DS...they've gotten pretty strict about a CS credit being an entree and a drink. Still doesn't hurt to ask, though. You may get lucky.

One other note just to clarify....your credits are based on the number of NIGHTS you are staying at the resort. From your math, I assume you're staying 5 nights. If you're only staying 4 nights, you need to adjust.

Fab that’s really great! I’ve been looking at menus and I know for sure my daughter will want sushi anywhere they have it so if she can have that for her counter service she will be very happy (or rather I’ll be happy as I think otherwise she would prob end up with a sushi I’ll get stick with a kids meal!!!) lol!
And we definitely wanted the Yorkshire fish and chips and didn’t want to lose all our adult credits on it! Great news many thanks!!!

Just to be clear, Disney does state that a child has to order from the kids menu when one is available, and that includes at quick service places. However, in practice they more often than not let them order from the adult menu. But keep in mind that if you are not allowed to do that, if they say the child must order from the kids menu, they are not wrong.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!