Clarion Universal?

Seahunt

DIS Veteran
Has anyone ever stayed at the Clarion Universal? Trying to help a group plan a meeting, and this comes up with some great prices and looks like convenient location, but hate to recommend it if it's poor quality! Thanks for any replies!

The Clarion Universal is on the hotel discounts boards for a reason: it's good. I haven't stayed there myself, but I don't forsee problems with the hotel.

I picked up Clarion Universal from Priceline last year. I was supposed to stay there for two nights at $39.00 a night.

I wasn't impressed with check in as I couldn't understand either one of the receptionists. (heavy accent) When I got to my room it reeked of cigar smoke....for the record I'm a smoker and even I couldn't stand the smell.

They changed rooms for me, but didn't have a key to the safe which was very important for me because I saw the cleaning people and the kind of clientele I'd be sharing the next few days with in the hallway and I didn't feel safe leaving my camera and valuables locked in a suitcase.

I noticed rust stains and mold in the bathrooms, the faucets didn't seem to have any water pressure and the countertop to the sink kept coming away from the wall. The hallways appeared run down and drab with dents and dings from who knows what and they smelled of dirty diapers.

After spending two hours in that room trying to decide if I really wanted to risk my life (single woman travelling alone) for a bargain, I got on the phone and started calling around. This is when I found the Sheraton Hollywood (I think that's the name) and it made all the difference in the world! I grabbed my suitcase, left the room keys at the front desk and told Clarion "Goodbye I won't be back".

I fled from the Clarion and ate the money I already paid to Priceline. (No refunds) I personally felt unsafe at that hotel and am very glad I didn't stay there. I'll recommend Sheraton (the round hotel) every time because they not only bailed me out by finding a room for me when I was upset and scared, but they even gave me a discount to stay there.

Others may have had a better time there, but I'm just relaying what I went through almost a year ago. If it's the same Clarion that's very close to US, then that's the one I'm talking about. I could see Clarion from my room at the round Sheraton.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter