Clark Griswald's Westward HO!-Day 2

goofyme

Mouseketeer
CHARACTERS:
Clark:mild-mannered, bubbling no-it-all, means well, has not grown up yet, not an English major(sorry for grammer)(just kidding)(enuf with the parenthesis), disney commano attitude
Ellen:stablizing force in house, supportive wife, keeps Clark from goofing up to badly does everything for 4 kids(3 children + 1 Clark)
Rusty1:just turned nine, Clark caused permenant damaged when convinced him and ellen to ride TOT when he was four, full of life
Audrey: 7 year old daddy's girl, got me by a string, too smart, knows daddy's tricks
Rusty2: 5 year old impetious little boy, if he was the first child he would've been the only child, gives best hugs and smiles, curly headed and hates it
Aunt Edna: did not join us this time around, we will strap her on the plane in effigy (heck, willl strap her on right on main st. usa)

Day 2-part one

btw, don't get me started on that dog!!! still can't eat a tuna sandwich the same since.

why do i still get nervous going through security? i'm having my backpacked looked through, strollers to get on the conveyor belt, and all at the same time making sure the kids don't say "bomb" and i'm sleep deprived. did i mention we only had four pillows in our room, so i gave mine up....after realizing one(and two) rolled up towels would not suffice, i went to the front desk to ask for another pillow. can you believe in the whole hotel they had no extra pillows. the desk clerk was not about to make any extra effort either....

paid $3.00 each for 3 cinnamon rolls that mostly the icing was eaten(although it is the best part)...with coffee and all, i bet we spent $20.00 for the traditional airport breakfast..oh well, we are on vacation (that's my motto for this trip by the way). as i looked through the waiting areas for any suspicious characters(is that bad?), my kids were getting pumped up for their flight, they haven't flown in 2 years so they were excited. first flight was to dallas on a regional jet...i liked these jets the first time i flew (i guess because of the faux leather seats made me feel special) but despise them now...just too cramped. kids flew fine...thank goodness for those crayola books and gameboys(i actually played a golf game til my kid took it away)...

don't you hate not getting a whole can of coke from the attendant. and when i do ask, i usually get that "well, i'm not supposed to look." it's not their fault though. also, on our trip to san diego(which was on a 737 thank goodness) i did try to take a nap with one of those little pillows. not to be complaining too much, at least i HAD a pillow this time. but you can only get like half your ear on the thing and there is not enuf cushion to soften the edge where the chair and cabin meet. enuf with pillows for now, more on that subject later. also, on our second leg of the flight when we went to get in our seats, a couple were sitting in our seats (we had 2 seats on one side and 3 on the other across from each other).. when we told them this was ours, they asked(this a middle age couple mind you that were alone and not with a group) if we could just sit down in the seats 5 rows up....NO! I DON'T THINK SO!!! how can people be so inconsiderate. it was very, very obvious we were a family with small kids...but usual, i was too nice about it and "explained" the situation.

got to the lovely san diego and held our breaths waiting for our bags to come out of that little magical hole. it's amazing how anxious people are to get out of that plane, run to baggage claim, and get the heck out of there...so as the whole plane stares at the carousel like some false idol (hoping our luggage is not lost and ruining an excellent trip so far), our bags finally slide out of the abyss....kids enjoyed bus to hertz facility, and we are off in our minivan in southern california..we had one of those sirius satellite radios and thoroughly enjoyed listening to the 70's and 80's stations.(plus i heard the mark davis program and i hadn't heard in him years since i lived in memphis). got to get one of those..i didn't really realize how much i missed A Flock Of Seagulls..and what's the deal with the traffic lights on the entrance ramp to the interstate?? i guess we're not in Kansas anymore.. can't believe how crowded the road is to L.A. on a saturday afternoon.... stop at a Mickey D's for lunch (nothing too good for my kids on vacation) and we swear the fries were better here...

so far the weather is great...sunny, fairly warm, san diego area is beautiful, and the rick springfield is playing in the background. so far, so good..

We also just got back (April 17-25). Still trying to figure out what's up with those on ramp traffic lights, too! I'll never complain about NJ traffic again after suffering through the roads in southern CA.

Looking forward to your next installment,
Jeannie

I just stumbled upon your trip reports and I love the way you write!! :jester: I noticed your last installment was quite awhile ago and hope you haven't given up on finishing!!! More please!!!

They're not suppose to give you a whole can of Coke?? What's up with that?? You must be flying one of those failing airlines... You should have flown MY airline...

Apart from that, I really enjoy reading your monologues!! Now, if you flew MY airline, you would have flown a 757-300 into Southern California...

No 737s on that leg...

Looking forward to your next posting...

What is YOUR airline and do they have business class?

Does the drive from LAX to Anaheim really take that long?
(just naiive I guess)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter