Clark Griswald's "Westward Ho" Vacation-Pretrip Report

goofyme

Mouseketeer
CHARACTERS:
Clark:mild-mannered, bubbling no-it-all, means well, has not grown up yet, not an English major(sorry for grammer)(just kidding)(enuf with the parenthesis), disney commano attitude
Ellen:stablizing force in house, supportive wife, keeps Clark from goofing up to badly does everything for 4 kids(3 children + 1 Clark)
Rusty1:just turned nine, Clark caused permenant damaged when convinced him and ellen to ride TOT when he was four, full of life
Audrey: 7 year old daddy's girl, got me by a string, too smart, knows daddy's tricks
Rusty2: 5 year old impetious little boy, if he was the first child he would've been the only child, gives best hugs and smiles, curly headed and hates it
Aunt Edna: did not join us this time around, we will strap her on the plane in effigy (heck, willl strap her on right on main st. usa)

PRE-TRIP REPORT
Ellen wanted to do something different, we hadn't gone to WDW in 2 1/2 years but we didn't want to go back the week of spring break and fight the horrible crowds...SSSSSOOOOOOOOOOOOO what do we smart people do, we decide to go to the horrible crowds at disneyland.. we'll at least it's something different..DCA especially(hope we won't be disappointed). i remember the magic when i first went to AK, MGM, USF, and IOA....it was something new to be taken in and devoured. we both have been to DL about 20 years ago when our high school band marched in the Rose Bowl parade(do not let your son play tuba and march in this parade, i swear my back still kills me today-but the lovely cheerleaders from USC kept me going that year-ha!)...

after much deliberation, decided on DLH instead of GC because of the theming would excite my kids more. were going to cash in on skymiles but go tickets for less than $200 r/t from nashvegas to san diego. sshhhhh!maybe i'll splurge on some first class tickets to Hawaii now....staying at DLH for four days then 3 nites at pacific terrace hotel in san diego...here's my itenary from the itenerant.
Fri: head to nashville/ eat a Cracker Barrel(a must eat to start a vacation
Sat. fly to san diego/ get rental car/head to DLH/ DCA that evening
Sun: universal hollywood-thinking about front of the line passes and praying for soft opening of shrek 4d
MOn: DL/Blue Bayou ressie
TUE:DCA/goofy's kitchen
WED: DL in am/ go to san diego and relax on beach in afternoon
THU: legoland
FRi: Sea world-having breakfast w/ Shamu
Sat: home to good ole Rocky Top(although i live in the flat part of the state

pondered san diego zoo vs. sea world but kids picked sea world. although i was impressed 20 ;years ago with my visit to the zoo there, most zoos have copied their styling....

the most frustrating and disappointing thing i've encountered this trip is the preparation was not as fun. the boards and websites are not as substantial as for WDW. the message boards have great people willing to help with your questions but your don't get as many replies as you do planning for WDW...just my opinion and not trying to knock the wonderful people who have answered my questions, you're great!

i hope my expectations for this trip are not too high....my kids are a little older this time(although we are still taking two strollers) and i think i've convinced Rusty1 and Audrey to ride a roller coaster that goes upside down-i just pray..........i hope the crowds will not dissappoint me but i am prepared (get up early/unlimited fastpass-this should be cool)..we are hoping the cooler temps and rain keep the locals away this weekend and early week......i hope universal will not be a bummer for my youngest child who might get too scared(why did they have to shut down e.t. last month before they opened shrek 4d)...i hope to see a good friend in college in san diego so excited about that....i hope legoland doesn't bore me-i know, i know, it's all about the kids, but clark is a kid too.....

so, i'll be back in ten days with a trip report...i'll try to keep good notes for ya, and may just check in during my trip....see ya!!!!!

clark griswald

p.s. we are going to have so much fun............................!!!!

Originally posted by goofyme

i hope my expectations for this trip are not too high....i hope the crowds will not dissappoint me but i am prepared (get up early/unlimited fastpass-this should be cool)..

we are hoping the cooler temps and rain keep the locals away this weekend and early week.....

so, i'll be back in ten days with a trip report...i'll try to keep good notes for ya, and may just check in during my trip....see ya!!!!!

clark griswald

p.s. we are going to have so much fun............................!!!!

<font color=navy>I'm looking forward to your trip report, although I do believe that the crowds will be phenomenal during Easter break. :)

Post what you think of Seaworld, very curious since I haven't been there in ages.

Cool idea posting a pretrip report since most of us do lots of preplanning...

Jenn

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter