Closing Time!!

I know how that goes! I closed 2 weeks AFTER my closing date. Have you received an update on the delay? Do you know if the seller's closing docs have been received yet?

Nope my broker is on vacation and title company hasn't responded to my emails

Home: Animal Kingdom
Offer made: 7/20
Offer accepted: 7/20
Sent to ROFR: 7/27
Passed ROFR: 8/17
Closing docs received: 9/7
Closing docs sent back: 9/14
Closing: 9/21
Deed recorded: 9/21
Points in my account: ...

I know if you have the same names on the deed and the same use year your points should automatically load on your dashboad. Does anyone know if that's also true with different use years and same names on deed?

Nope my broker is on vacation and title company hasn't responded to my emails
Who is your title company? We are in a similar boat here-trying to close on a GCV resale and I think it’s four weeks since I sent closing docs and a check. My sellers are in Canada and I know Irma delayed but I’m still pretty frustrated.

Who is your title company? We are in a similar boat here-trying to close on a GCV resale and I think it’s four weeks since I sent closing docs and a check. My sellers are in Canada and I know Irma delayed but I’m still pretty frustrated.
First American

Not to jinx things, but we sent in our documents & funds and the sellers docs arrived today too! We may be recorded tomorrow or Wednesday according to the title company. So far it's been 39 days since our offer was accepted (Aug 17).

Everyone along the way has been very responsive to questions from Kevin (broker) and Kristina (documents) at DVC Resale Market to Rebecca at 1st American Title (Las Vegas). Rebecca even picked up the phone on the first call today to confirm receipt!

Thanks
Mike
soon to be owners at VGC

So i got an update. The seller only sent their docs on the 22nd which was the closing date. No idea why they felt the need to hold on to it for 2 weeks. So who knows when we will settle now.

So i got an update. The seller only sent their docs on the 22nd which was the closing date. No idea why they felt the need to hold on to it for 2 weeks. So who knows when we will settle now.

Hopefully this week! Once First American received my seller's documents they were pretty quick to close. Next day I think.

We actually closed today! 1st American is FedEx'ing our final documents to Disney tomorrow morning. I should be able to inquire about our number at the end of next week. We leave for WDW on rented points on the 7th. I'd like to have our number ready for the trip so that we can go tot the Top of the World lounge. In addition, we will inquire about the 25 add on points when we do our DVC tour. Best of luck to everyone waiting. I'll do a final post here when we get our points. The help and "what to expect next" posts on the boards have been invaluable.

Mike

I learned today that seller docs are theoretically arriving tomorrow. Three or four weeks after I sent mine in. They are in Canada so not convinced about the Irma excuse.

I passed ROFR 10 days ago and now just waiting for closing docs. Here's a question: somewhere on my contracts it listed the closing date as November 13. Is that just an arbitrary date that the broke set as a reasonable, safe date for closing (that's about 2.5 months after the offer was accepted)? Or are we stuck waiting for 11/13 no matter how fast we get through the estoppel/closing process? I'm only asking because there are 2017 points on this contract that need to be banked by 11/30 and it's making me a little nervous to be cutting it so close.

I passed ROFR 10 days ago and now just waiting for closing docs. Here's a question: somewhere on my contracts it listed the closing date as November 13. Is that just an arbitrary date that the broke set as a reasonable, safe date for closing (that's about 2.5 months after the offer was accepted)? Or are we stuck waiting for 11/13 no matter how fast we get through the estoppel/closing process? I'm only asking because there are 2017 points on this contract that need to be banked by 11/30 and it's making me a little nervous to be cutting it so close.
I passed ROFR on Friday and on our initial contract closing date was Nov 29- I was wondering the same thing. Can you ask the seller to bank the points for you?

I passed ROFR on Friday and on our initial contract closing date was Nov 29- I was wondering the same thing. Can you ask the seller to bank the points for you?

I'm pretty sure it's just an estimated date. I closed 2 weeks after my closing date, but I have seen others on this board close MUCH earlier!

It's been almost 2 weeks since we had our deed recorder so I called to try to get our member number and activation code. Our 7 month window for our usual dates is in 2 days! Unfortunately the gentleman I spoke to said there is absolutely no way he can get me that information. He wouldn't even look. Is there some secret code word I have to give for them to look? LOL :)

It's been almost 2 weeks since we had our deed recorder so I called to try to get our member number and activation code. Our 7 month window for our usual dates is in 2 days! Unfortunately the gentleman I spoke to said there is absolutely no way he can get me that information. He wouldn't even look. Is there some secret code word I have to give for them to look? LOL :)

I'm curious about that, too! I was planning on calling this Friday.

I'm curious about that, too! I was planning on calling this Friday.
I was able to call and get the info with my first contract back in July. I know they aren't "suppose" to give it out but apparently some CM's do. You can always call back and get a different CM.

I was able to call and get the info with my first contract back in July. I know they aren't "suppose" to give it out but apparently some CM's do. You can always call back and get a different CM.

I thought I read others saying they were able to do that, even with it being their first contract. Doesn't hurt to try!

Do you remember which number you used to call?

I understand that that they aren't supposed to give your number over the phone, but after closing don't we own the points? I'm all for giving DVC a reasonable amount of time to set up the account, but this wait for the mail policy seems a bit archaic. We are encouraged to do everything Disney related via the website or app, but thou must wait for USPS to deliver your DVC number is ridiculous. If I'm recalling the other threads correctly, you must call to get your activation code anyway. As long as they can verify it's you I dont see the problem. Too many things can interrupt the mail (postal service delivery error, weather, theft) to claim it's the most secure or reliable method. I know my opinion is clouded by the "we just closed...where's my number" phenomenon and tired of the hurry up and wait associated with a re-sale contract. I'm simply trying to rationalize the 10-14 day wait...

Mike

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter