Home: AKV
Broker: DVCbyResale
Title Company: Jeffrey C. Sweet
Offer made: 7/16
Offer accepted: 7/16
Sent to ROFR: 7/17
Passed ROFR: 8/14
Closing docs received: 8/24
Closing docs returned: 8/31 (we waited for seller to return docs)
Seller returned closing doc: 8/31
Closing: 9/5/18
Deed recorded: tbd
Points in my account: tbd

This is the first time we have used Jeffrey Sweet and they were very responsive in communicating back in every step along way...much better than the 3 past experiences we had with First American.

Home: SSR
Broker: DVCResaleMarket
Title Company: ***
Offer made: 7/20
Offer accepted: 7/20
Sent to ROFR: 7/20
Passed ROFR: 8/13
Closing docs received: 9/5
Closing docs returned: 9/5
Seller returned closing doc: tbd
Closing: tbd

We finally got our closing docs! Almost to the finish line!

I've gotten a lot of good info from this forum, and want to add my purchase experience here, in case it's useful to anyone. Sorry for the long post.

I am in the somewhat unusual circumstance of having 2 very similar resale contracts I am in the process of buying at the same time. They are both BLT, Feb UY. They are 250 and 270/year. One with banked 2018 points, the other without. Both cash purchases. I don’t know if either was financed by the seller. Both sellers are in the US.

They were submitted for ROFR within one day of each other, and were passed on the same day (8/14/18). Not sure if estoppel letter was sent out on the same day (8/23/18), but I think it was.

Different agents and different title companies, but all otherwise very similar.

I have an existing membership from direct purchase, with same use year and same owners/names.

Closing docs received on 8/23 and 8/28. (3 bus. days difference.) The first contract closed and deed recorded 17 days (13 bus. days) after ROFR pass. The second still waiting at 23 days (16 bus. days). Difference in business days only 3 at this point, so really small difference so far. It is my understanding that the response times of the sellers has been different.

Home: BLT
Broker: DVC Resale Market
Title Company: ***
Offer Made: 7/18/18
Offer Accepted: 7/18/18
Sent to ROFR: 7/24/18
Passed ROFR: 8/14/18
Closing docs received: 8/23/18
Closing docs returned: 8/27/18 (over weekend)
closing: 8/31/18
Deed recorded: 8/31/18
Points in my account:

Home: BLT
Broker: DVCSales
Title Company: First American
Offer Made: 7/25/18
Offer Accepted: 7/25/18
Sent to ROFR: 7/25/18
Closing docs received: 8/28/18
Closing docs returned: 8/30/18
closing:
Deed recorded:
Points in my account:

Home: VGF
Broker: Fidelity
Closing docs received: 9/4/18
Closing docs returned: 9/4/18
Closing: 9/14/18
Deed recorded: 9/14/18
Points in my account:

Last edited:
One step closer... received Closing Docs today and turning it around to get in the mail by the end of the day.

Home: Boardwalk
Offer Made/Accepted: 7/17/18
Closing Docs Received: 9/7/18
Closing Docs Returned: 9/7/18
Closing:
Points In My Account:

Home: SSR
Title Company: Jeffrey Sweet
Offer made: 8/12
Offer accepted: 8/12
Sent to ROFR: 8/13
Passed ROFR: 9/4
Closing docs received: 9/6
Closing docs returned: 9/8
Seller returned closing doc: tbd
Closing: tbd

I was very surprised to receive the closing docs only two days after they told me that we passed rofr. They put a closing date of October 15th on the paperwork, I'm wondering if that is usually a date that is stuck to?, or is that flexible depending on how fast people return things?

Last edited:

FA took a long time to prep closing docs. Last week the estimate was 9/5 or sooner. I got them close to COB today. Luckily I was able to get everything together and can FedEx tomorrow. Our seller is international, so I expect there may be a wait now to get their end of this done. My estimated closing date on my paperwork is 11/5. I sure hope this is done before that! Our upcoming vacation should help the time pass quickly.

Home: PVB
Offer Made: 8/4/18
Offer Accepted: 8/4/18
Sent to ROFR: 8/8/18
Passed ROFR: 8/22/18
Passed estoppel: 8/29/18
Closing docs received: 9/7/18
Closing docs returned: 9/8/18
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Points in my account:

Broker: DVC Resale Market
Title Company: Magical Vacation Title
Offer made: 7/15
Offer accepted: 7/16
Sent to ROFR: 7/18
Passed ROFR: 8/13
Closing docs received: 8/16
Closing docs returned: 8/20
Seller returned closing doc: 8/30
Closing: 9/6/18

*Update*

Broker: DVCResaleMarket
Title Company: Magic Vacation Title
Offer Made/Accepted: 8/3/18
Sent to ROFR: 8/8/18
Passed ROFR: 8/22/18
Closing Docs Received: 9/6/18
Closing Docs Returned: 9/8/18
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Points in my account

Home: Aulani
Title Company: Timeshare Title, Inc.
Offer Made/Accepted: 8/24/18
Contracts Received: 7/25/18
Sent To ROFR: 7/26/18
Closing Docs Received: 8/22/18
Closing Docs Returned-Buyer: *8/24/18
Closing Docs Returned-Seller: 9/7/18
Closing:
Deed Recorded:9/10/18
Contract Visible:
Points In My Account:
Next Aulani Vacation: May 2019

*Had to get closing docs notarized

Deed was sent 9/7 and was recorded 9/10, deed emailed to Disney for transfer. It is an interesting and different process buying Aulani vs our WDW properties. Getting closer to having our points!

Home: BWV
Broker: Garden Views Reality (Resales DVC)
Title Company: Jeffrey Sweet
Offer made: 8/8
Offer accepted: 8/8
Sent to ROFR: 8/9
Passed ROFR: 8/23
Closing docs received: 8/28
Closing docs returned: 8/31
Seller returned closing docs: TBD
Closing: TBD
Deed recorded: TBD
Points in my account: TBD

Last edited:
Closing docs returned: 9/4/18
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Points in my account:
So disappointed my title company is First American...second time I have used them and they are super slow!

I signed my closing docs last Tuesday. They were received Wed. No response from First American on if they have gotten the sellers docs. I had to email them to see if they got mine even though I knew they had because my fedex number told me they did. A day later they respond saying they did get mine. I sent them an email on Friday asking for the fedex tracking number for the sellers so I did not need to bother them. No response so I sent another email this morning...still no response.

It seems like they are exceptionally slow or they do not have the right people working there.

So disappointed my title company is First American...second time I have used them and they are super slow!

I signed my closing docs last Tuesday. They were received Wed. No response from First American on if they have gotten the sellers docs. I had to email them to see if they got mine even though I knew they had because my fedex number told me they did. A day later they respond saying they did get mine. I sent them an email on Friday asking for the fedex tracking number for the sellers so I did not need to bother them. No response so I sent another email this morning...still no response.

It seems like they are exceptionally slow or they do not have the right people working there.

We are having the same experience with them. It is very disappointing. We've emailed and gotten no response. I just want communication. We're hoping for an anniversary trip in May and really want to be ready to book when the 7-month window opens in October. It SHOULD be able to happen, but with FA as the title agency, I have no confidence that it will.

We are having the same experience with them. It is very disappointing. We've emailed and gotten no response. I just want communication. We're hoping for an anniversary trip in May and really want to be ready to book when the 7-month window opens in October. It SHOULD be able to happen, but with FA as the title agency, I have no confidence that it will.
I feel your pain...I unfortunately had them on a recent sale I completed and had very similar problems. Had a 1 1/2 month delay from closing papers signing to transfer of points all mostly because they claimed to have filed the signed docs electronically but Disney never received them.

I'm not sure if they are just too busy and short staffed or just incompetent.

I feel your pain...I unfortunately had them on a recent sale I completed and had very similar problems. Had a 1 1/2 month delay from closing papers signing to transfer of points all mostly because they claimed to have filed the signed docs electronically but Disney never received them.

I'm not sure if they are just too busy and short staffed or just incompetent.

Within the last few minutes, I actually did get a response to my email query. Maybe someone over there is reading here? LOL. Hoping for quick progress for both of us!

Within the last few minutes, I actually did get a response to my email query. Maybe someone over there is reading here? LOL. Hoping for quick progress for both of us!
That is so weird...me too, although my response came from the broker who I copied on the email I sent. She did tell me the sellers did return their docs so that is good news. Now let's see how long it takes to get this recorded and the points transferred.

Closing docs returned: 9/4/18 Buyers (us)
Closing docs returned: 9/11/18 Sellers

Home: BCV
Offer Made: 7/17/18
Offer Accepted: 7/17/18
Sent to ROFR: 7/18/18
Passed ROFR: 8/13/18
Closing docs received: TBD
Closing docs returned: TBD
Closing docs returned: TBD

Joining in on the trouble with First American...this is getting crazy! I had followed up with Fidelity last Wednesday and was told they were preparing the closing documents and we should have them early this week. No such luck yet!

New
Offer Made: 7/26/18
Offer Accepted: 7/27/18
Sent to ROFR: 7/27/18
Closing docs received: 8/31/18
Closing docs returned: 9/4/18 Buyers (us)
Closing docs returned: 9/11/18 Sellers
Closing: 9/17/2018

***Update: we officially closed today! Now to wait for our contract to become visible on our DVC account!

**Add me to the list of those who are having trouble with First American! I firmly believe that the only reason we received our closing documents when we did, was because I emailed them like crazy asking for updates. I'm now being told that closing will take place in 3-4 business days. I'm hoping that they step up their game and close our contract by the end of the week.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts