Closing Time!!

Hello! We just sent our closing documents and payment today. How do you know when seller has returned them, deed recorded, etc? Do you have to call or do you get notified step by step? Thanks all!
I sent an email to the title company after about a week and asked if the sellers had returned their closing docs. They told me the date they returned them and then sent me an email on the date the transaction closed. I then went to the Orange County website to see if the deed was recorded. It was on the same day.

Home: Saratoga Springs
Broker: Resales DVC
Title Company: Jeffrey Sweet
Offer made: 1/18/19
Offer accepted: 1/18/19
Sent to ROFR: 1/18/19
Passed ROFR: 2/13/19
Closing docs received: 2/21/19
Buyer’s closing docs returned: 2/23/19
Seller’s closing docs returned: 3/11/19
Closing: 3/12/19
Deed recorded on OC site: 3/12/19
Contract Visible on member site: ??
Points in my account: ??

*** I called Member Administration this morning, they told me it takes 2 weeks to load the membership information. They received my contract on 3/13/19. I am going to call towards the end of the day to see if anything has changed.

I called this afternoon and my contract was loaded :) I was able to get my membership number but not an activation code. They said since my account was new, it needed to run through a batch processing overnight and in the morning, I would be able to get an activation code.

Title Company: Jeffrey Sweet
Offer made: 1/18/19
Offer accepted: 1/18/19
Sent to ROFR: 1/18/19
Closing docs received: 2/21/19
Buyer’s closing docs returned: 2/23/19
Contract Visible on member site: 3/21/19

Home: Animal Kingdom Villas
Broker: Fidelity
Title Company: First American Title Insurance Company
Offer made: 1/8/19
Offer accepted: 1/8/19 (we increased our offer after this though due to Jan changes)
Sent to ROFR: 1/16/19
Closing docs received: 3/11/19
Buyer’s closing docs returned: 3/13/19
Seller’s closing docs returned: 3/15/19
Closing: 3/19/19
Deed recorded on OC site: 3/19/19
Contract Visible on member site: ??

Alright, so this is a bit of a crazy story. We submitted our offer and it got accepted, but we decide to increase the offer since we felt like it wouldn't pass ROFR. We really wanted it to pass due to the January DVC changes, and I hadn't seen any really pass for the amount we were originally paying.

It passed ROFR, and I got notified of that by our Fidelity person. They said it could take 2-3 weeks to get the closing documents. Throughout these weeks I followed up making sure I didn't miss an e-mail. Fidelity waits for estoppel to come back from Disney, and I was told that is why it was dragging on... Once we got past the three week mark I was getting impatient. Our friends who had their offer sent to ROFR through a different company had already closed and gotten their points by this point! They had only gotten their offer sent to Disney two days-ish before ours was sent. It wasn't adding up.

I reached out to our Fidelity representative, and got the title company's information so I could call them. On Fidelity's end, they didn't have any updates, so they believed that they were still waiting on Disney for estoppel paperwork. I called the title company rep and left a voicemail. I didn't hear back, so I tried calling again and got the person on the phone. They informed me that they received the estoppel paperwork on the 19th of February and had sent the closing paperwork to Fidelity for approval then. They haven't heard anything back since. I explained that Fidelity was saying they were waiting on them and asked her to reach out to Fidelity to get it figured out.

I reached out to our Fidelity rep again and told her about my conversation with the title company rep. She said they did receive the closing documents, but there was an error so they JUST sent them back to the title company. Gah. After a couple more days I got the closing documents. Both parties were quick to sign, but the sellers didn't do their paperwork correctly so they had to redo it. Still, they were quite quick about it which I appreciate.

It seems like Fidelity had gotten our closing documents on the 19th of February, and they got lost in the shuffle until I started calling/e-mailing in active search of them. So, it took a good three extra weeks for us to close due to all of this. Not fun. :(

We are also buying AKV through Fidelity and First American Title. Was told 2-3 weeks as well for contract docs. We are past the 2 week mark and although I know we were told it could take this long, I am a bit frustrated in general. So many of these other title companies are pushing the closing docs out and here we still are twiddling our thumbs. If we don’t have the docs by next Wednesday (week 3) I will also be calling First American. I have sent broker at Fidelity an email but no response (shocker...not). Just had to vent. Hate you went through the ringer but glad you took it upon yourself to see what the heck was up!

Update III
Home: AKV
Broker: The Timeshare Store
Title Company: Mason
Offer made: 2/3/19
Offer accepted: 2/3/19
Sent to ROFR: 2/3/19
Passed ROFR: 2/28/19
Closing docs received:3/1/19
Closing docs returned: 3/2/19 via email
Funds sent: 3/1/19 via wire - received by Mason 3/5/19
Seller returned closing docs: 3/8/19
Closing: 3/13/2019
Deed recorded on OC site: 3/13/19
Contract Visible on member site: 3/21/19*
Points in my account:
* The points were not there mid day. I called and chose option 2, but ended up w/ a non administration CM, who told me that when adm. is busy the calls go to regular member services, she checked w/ adm. and told me the new contract would be loaded by tomorrow.
I checked online again at 6 pm my time (9 pm eastern) and none of my contracts were showing. Checked just now (10 pm eastern) and my old contracts were back on the site joined by their new baby brother contract :Pinkbouncthe new contract’s points aren’t loaded yet, tho’.

3rd Update

Home: BWV
Title Company: Jeffrey C Sweet
Offer made: 1/17/19
Offer accepted: 1/17/19
Sent to ROFR: 1/17/19
Passed ROFR: 2/19/19
Closing docs received: 2/22/19
Closing docs returned: 2/22/19
Seller returned closing docs: 3/22/19 (Int'l seller)
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Contract Visible:
Points in my account:

Woohoo! Finally getting closer!

Final Update:

Home: VGC
Broker: DVC Sales
Title Company: Mason Title
Offer made: 2/10/19
Offer accepted: 2/10/19
Sent to ROFR: 2/12/19
Closing docs received: 3/7/2019
Buyer’s closing docs returned: 3/11/19 (I sent them back the next day, but it was a Friday, so they didn’t arrive until Monday)
Contract Visible on member site: 3/20/19
Points in my account: 3/22/19

Whoo hoo! I’m so happy to have my VGC points! :cool1:

Home: Bay Lake Tower
Broker: DVC Resale Market
Title Company: Magic Vacation Title
Offer made: 1/05/19
Offer accepted: 1/06/19
Sent to ROFR: 1/08/19
Passed ROFR: 1/25/19
Closing docs received:2/5/19
Closing docs returned:2/6/19
Closing docs returned (seller): 3/15/19 (finally!)
Closing: 3/20/19
Deed recorded:
Contract Visible:
Points in my account:

I was getting nervous. Seller took forever to return docs. I was told three different times docs were in the mail only to found out they weren’t. Almost there!

This happened to me on my first purchase. It’s maddening when you’ve already sent your money and they can’t seem to get some docs signed and notarized! Hopefully, the rest goes smoothly for you!

We are also buying AKV through Fidelity and First American Title. Was told 2-3 weeks as well for contract docs. We are past the 2 week mark and although I know we were told it could take this long, I am a bit frustrated in general. So many of these other title companies are pushing the closing docs out and here we still are twiddling our thumbs. If we don’t have the docs by next Wednesday (week 3) I will also be calling First American. I have sent broker at Fidelity an email but no response (shocker...not). Just had to vent. Hate you went through the ringer but glad you took it upon yourself to see what the heck was up!

I would definitely call First American - I was a little past two weeks (and also wondering why all the other posters were getting their docs in a couple days), whoever answered made it sounds like my docs had basically been ready and they sounded confused about why they wouldn't have been sent out. Said they'd have the escrow agent call me. Called an hour later, said they had "just gotten what I needed" and that they'd work on my docs that day. Got them via email 15 minutes later.

I would definitely call First American - I was a little past two weeks (and also wondering why all the other posters were getting their docs in a couple days), whoever answered made it sounds like my docs had basically been ready and they sounded confused about why they wouldn't have been sent out. Said they'd have the escrow agent call me. Called an hour later, said they had "just gotten what I needed" and that they'd work on my docs that day. Got them via email 15 minutes later.

Thank you!!! I think I will definitely do that on Monday. Now granted I was told 2-3 weeks and it has not been 3 weeks but there are people getting their closing docs as early as 2 days after passing ROFR. I just can’t justify for them in my mind why it would take so long except for I read in this same thread that First American may also handle Disney direct purchases and it’s a way to “punish” us resale purchasers. Lol. Thanks for your feedback!!

First update:

Offer made: Feb 7/19
Offer accepted: Feb 8/19
Sent to ROFR: Feb 12/19
Passed ROFR: Mar 1/19
Closing docs received: Mar 12/19
Closing docs returned: Mar 15/19
Seller returned closing docs: Mar 20/19 (funds wired on Mar 21/19)
Closing: TBD
Deed recorded: TBD
Contract Visible: TBD
Points in my account: TBD

First update:

Offer made: Feb 7/19
Offer accepted: Feb 8/19
Sent to ROFR: Feb 12/19
Passed ROFR: Mar 1/19
Closing docs received: Mar 12/19
Closing docs returned: Mar 15/19
Seller returned closing docs: Mar 20/19 (funds wired on Mar 21/19)
Closing: TBD
Deed recorded: TBD
Contract Visible: TBD
Points in my account: TBD
Almost there @SleeplessInTO good luck for a speedy conclusion pixiedust:

...AND DONE
Points in my account: 3/23/19 (not there mid day - showed up @ night.)

...AND DONE
Points in my account: 3/23/19 (not there mid day - showed up @ night.)

Yaaay that's fabulous, :welcome: HOME, So chuffed for you @sndral - hopefully it won't be long before I can post my final update, we're about a week behind you, ours was closed and recorded on the 19th March :)

1st Update:
wow! our deed was recorded the same day as closing whooohooo :mickeyjum almost there :stitch:

Offer made: 1/29/19
Offer accepted: 1/29/19
Sent to ROFR: 1/31/19
Closing docs received:3/4/19
Closing docs returned: 3/7/19 via email
Funds sent: 3/7/19 via wire
Seller returned closing docs: 3/18/19
Closed: 3/19/19
Deed recorded on OC site: 3/19/2019
Contract Visible on member site:
Points in my account:
Just wondering, were you able to just scan your closing documents and send them back? We are also using Mason Title and The Timeshare Store. Oh, and we also just passed for AKV! Hey neighbor!

Just wondering, were you able to just scan your closing documents and send them back? We are also using Mason Title and The Timeshare Store. Oh, and we also just passed for AKV! Hey neighbor!

I’ve always had to mail back the actual pages with the signatures on them. I make copies at home and send them the originals. Scanning was never an option for me.

Home: VGC
Broker: Timeshare Store
Offer made: 1/8/19
Offer accepted: 1/8/19
Sent to ROFR: 1/10/19
Passed ROFR: 2/7/19
Closing docs received: 2/13/2019
Buyer’s closing docs returned: 2/19/19 (delayed closing, so didn't rush as much as usual)
Seller’s closing docs returned: 2/19/19 (estimate)
Closing: 3/11/19 (delayed closing)
Contract Visible on member site: 3/24/19
Points in my account: 3/24/19

I hadn't checked the member site in a couple days, as we won't be using the points until June 2020, but was excited to find them there tonight!

Jerry at The Timeshare Store and Marcelo at Mason Title are simply incredible, and I can't recommend them enough. Many thanks to them and the DIS Boards for helping us through this process.

Hi @JereMary Yes, I scanned the documents and emailed them back. Both Timeshare Store and Mason Title were great. The seller didn't sign until the 18th March but Mason Title were really quick, sent the documents to Disney on the same day :) Yaaay, so pleased to be able to call you neighbour :wave: :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!