Closing Time!!

UPDATED! Waiting for seller to return Closing Documents. Then Waiting for deed, contract to appear, and points to load...

Home: Animal Kingdom Villas
Title Company: Mason Title
Offer made: 12/23/2019
Offer accepted: 12/27/19
Sent to ROFR: 12/30/19
Passed ROFR: 1/8/2020
Closing docs received: 1/10/2020
Closing docs returned: 1/10/2020
Seller returned closing docs:
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Member Numbers:
Account showing new contract:
Points in my account:

Last edited:
****** Update *******

Home: Boardwalk Villas
Title Company: Magic Vacation Title
Offer made: 11/18/2019
Offer accepted: 11/19/19
Sent to ROFR: 11/20/19
Passed ROFR: 12/10/19
Closing docs received: 12/17/19
Closing docs returned: 12/18/19
Seller returned closing docs: 12/24/19 (after inquired so might have been sooner)
Closing: 12/30/19 (after I followed up today)
Deed recorded: 12/31/19
Member Numbers:
Points in my account:

I plan on giving it until Friday morning. If I don't see my new contract by then I will likely give member services a quick email that I emailed last time.

**********UPDATE**********

Home: SSR
Broker: DVC Resale Market
Offer made: 11/18/19
Closing docs received: 12/19/19
Closing docs returned: 12/20/19
Funds sent: 12/20/19
Seller returned closing docs: 12/23/19
Closing: 12/31/19
Deed recorded on OC site: 12/31/19
Contract Visible on member site:
Welcome Home Letter:
Points in my account:

Home: BLT
Offer made: 12/16/19
Offer accepted: 12/16/19
Sent to ROFR: 12/16/19
Passed ROFR: 12/22/19
Closing docs received: 12/23/19
Closing docs returned: 12/23/19
Seller returned closing docs: ?
Closing: 1/6/20
Deed recorded:
Member Numbers:
Points in my account:

Offer made: 1/3/20
Offer accepted: 1/4/20
Sent to ROFR: 1/5/20
Passed ROFR:
Closing docs received:
Closing docs returned:
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Member Numbers:
Points in my account:

Offer Made: 12/20/19
Offer Accepted: 12/20/19
Sent to ROFR: 12/27/19
Passed ROFR: 1/6/2020
Closing Documents Received:
Closing Documents Returned:
Funds Sent:
Seller Returned Closing Documents:
Closing:
Deed Recorded on OC Site:
Contract Visible on Member Site:
Welcome Home Letter:
Points in Account:

Called member services today and supposedly they are only through the 26th with setting up new contracts in the system as of yesterday.

I called for my contract which closed on 12/30 and Member Admin only had some of the documents they needed. I guess the remaining are still with "Accounting." I was told to call back on Tuesday, and they could give me a better idea when the contract would be added to my account. It seems the New Year put a big slow down on the paper work churning machine.

Here I go again. I swear, this is the last for a while:

And the ROFR countdown begins...

Offer made: 01/8/2020
Offer accepted: 1/8/2020
Sent to ROFR: 1/10/2020
Passed ROFR:
Closing docs received:
Closing docs returned:
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Member Numbers:
Points in my account:

I called for my contract which closed on 12/30 and Member Admin only had some of the documents they needed. I guess the remaining are still with "Accounting." I was told to call back on Tuesday, and they could give me a better idea when the contract would be added to my account. It seems the New Year put a big slow down on the paper work churning machine.
I have a contract that was recorded on 12/30 still nothing as well. Just spoke with member administration they said most probably mid or end of next week where I will see my contract in my account.

Finally I see my grand Californian contract in my account but no points have been loaded yet. It should reflect 2020 points. Does anyone know how long does it take for Disney to load the points? My deed was recorded 12/30/19, today, 1/10/20 I see the contract in my account but not the points.

Finally I see my grand Californian contract in my account but no points have been loaded yet. It should reflect 2020 points. Does anyone know how long does it take for Disney to load the points? My deed was recorded 12/30/19, today, 1/10/20 I see the contract in my account but not the points.

Figure about 10 more days for points to show up. Things are moving slow right now. I’m waiting on my points from a contract that showed up on 1/3
And I’m waiting for the membership Number email for a deed recorded on 12/31

Figure about 10 more days for points to show up. Things are moving slow right now. I’m waiting on my points from a contract that showed up on 1/3
And I’m waiting for the membership Number email for a deed recorded on 12/31
The wait is killing me. The dates I wanted was available last weekend for grand Californian but now it’s gone. Hopefully things will start to speed up. Fingers crossed all of us have our points loaded next week.

The wait is killing me. The dates I wanted was available last weekend for grand Californian but now it’s gone. Hopefully things will start to speed up. Fingers crossed all of us have our points loaded next week.
If you call MS (they load the points) and explain that at VGC you want a room but inventory disappears quickly and no other option at 7 months they are likely to consider populating the points on the spot. It’s really pixie dust but they seem to do it more for there because of the lower options to use. The people at MS that populate the points aren’t those that answer the phone (but background staff) and aren’t usually in on weekend or outside normal business hours though. MS might push back that MA populates the points but MS is definitely the right place to call.

If you call MS (they load the points) and explain that at VGC you want a room but inventory disappears quickly and no other option at 7 months they are likely to consider populating the points on the spot. It’s really pixie dust but they seem to do it more for there because of the lower options to use. The people at MS that populate the points aren’t those that answer the phone (but background staff) and aren’t usually in on weekend or outside normal business hours though. MS might push back that MA populates the points but MS is definitely the right place to call.
Thank you that’s good to know. I will definitely be calling first thing on Monday. I’m so excited... I doubt it but I hope pp for vgc becomes more affordable if dvc ends up building a Disneyland hotel dvc. It can’t beat gcv location.

**********UPDATE**********

Home: SSR
Offer made: 11/18/19
Closing docs received: 12/19/19
Closing docs returned: 12/20/19
Funds sent: 12/20/19
Seller returned closing docs: 12/23/19
Closing: 12/31/19
Deed recorded on OC site: 12/31/19
Contract Visible on member site: 1/13/20
Welcome Home Letter:
Points in my account:

****** Update *******

Home: Boardwalk Villas
Offer made: 11/18/2019
Closing docs received: 12/17/19
Closing docs returned: 12/18/19
Seller returned closing docs: 12/24/19 (after inquired so might have been sooner)
Closing: 12/30/19 (after I followed up today)
Deed recorded: 12/31/19
Member Numbers: 1/13/20 (no email just showed up in account)
Account showing new contract: 1/13/20
Points in my account:

Thinking I should see the points by end of week at this point.

********UPDATE*******

Broker: Timeshare Store
Title company: Mason Title
Offer made: 12/6
Offer accepted: 12/6
Contract received and returned: 12/7
Sent to ROFR: 12/9
Passed ROFR: 12/17
Closing docs received: 1/2/20
Buyers closing docs returned: 1/2/20
Funds sent: 1/2/20
Sellers closing docs received: 1/6/20
Closing: 1/7/20
Deed on site: 1/7/20
Contract visible on member site:
Points in account:

I had such optimism after a quick ROFR turnaround, but waiting for closing docs and now my welcome email is excruciating! If this is my first contract, do I just have to wait for the email to do anything else?

I had such optimism after a quick ROFR turnaround, but waiting for closing docs and now my welcome email is excruciating! If this is my first contract, do I just have to wait for the email to do anything else?

Yup, just wait for that email that will have your activation code. If the deed was recorded on 1/7, I would expect that email around 1/20, maybe sooner if they catch up with holiday backlog.
Then you’ll need to call member administration to get your member number and club i.d. to create your online account. Member admin will ask you for the original contract number you purchased and the names of the sellers of the contract.

How do you find out if they have received the seller's closing documents? I haven't returned ours yet because I get paid next week, and we have an international seller so I figured they wouldn't be able to send them right away.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!