Closing Time!!

The saga continues.......After calling the right number, I emailed member administration hoping to pick up a few extra days at a DVC resort in advance of an upcoming stay at Caribbean Beach I received the following response:

Unfortunately the transfer will not be completed in time to use those points for your upcoming trip. We received your transfer documents from Title Company on 6/30. Our turnaround time for the queue is taking between 6-7 weeks from the date we receive the documents.

Once we have completed the transfer, the system will generate two emails. One will include your personalized activation code for the Member Website. The other will include your Club ID Number. Both identifiers will be needed to access the website where you can begin planning your next vacation.

Please note that once we have completed the transfer in our system, there is a different department that physically moves the points between the accounts. This part of the process typically takes an additional 7-10 business days.

We appreciate your patience as we are working through each request in the order they are received.

The saga continues.......After calling the right number, I emailed member administration hoping to pick up a few extra days at a DVC resort in advance of an upcoming stay at Caribbean Beach I received the following response:

Unfortunately the transfer will not be completed in time to use those points for your upcoming trip. We received your transfer documents from Title Company on 6/30. Our turnaround time for the queue is taking between 6-7 weeks from the date we receive the documents.

Once we have completed the transfer, the system will generate two emails. One will include your personalized activation code for the Member Website. The other will include your Club ID Number. Both identifiers will be needed to access the website where you can begin planning your next vacation.

Please note that once we have completed the transfer in our system, there is a different department that physically moves the points between the accounts. This part of the process typically takes an additional 7-10 business days.

We appreciate your patience as we are working through each request in the order they are received.

This is unacceptable. They clearly are understaffed. Also there are probably people sitting at home wanting to work. They are making a choice to handle the situation this way. This is typical Disney.

I share your frustration. I have been waiting almost two months now. If things don’t start happening in the next week or two, maybe it is worth looking into filing a complaint with the state.

So excited to move to this group after passing ROFR yesterday! Still feeling elated at being a new DVC member 😁

Home (!!!): VGF
Broker: Fidelity Resales
Title Company: Mason Title & Escrow Company
Offer made: 6/17/20
Offer accepted: 6/17/20
Sent to ROFR: 6/22/20 (took an extra day since I changed the title company)
Passed ROFR: 7/29/20 (38 days)
Closing docs received: 8/5/20
Closing docs returned:
Seller returned closing docs:
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Contract Showing on Membership:
Points in account:
Just received my closing docs!! YAY! :tigger:

When did you send your email? I sent one last Thursday, with no response at all.
But my deed was recorded on July 1st, so I'm right behind you :(

I sent it today around noon and was really surprised to receive such a quick response. I also sent one last month which never received a response. I get it that COVID has buggered things up. I’m frustrated but not angry. Even though it says I won’t have points in time I still hope they are wrong.

Home: BWV
Broker: https://www.fidelityresales.com/
Title Company: First American (https://www.firstam.com/)
Offer made: 5/2/20
Offer accepted: 5/4/20
Sent to ROFR: 5/7/20
Passed ROFR: 6/18/20
Closing docs received: 7/13/20
Closing docs returned: 7/23/20
Seller returned closing docs: ?
Closing: 7/27/20
Deed recorded: 7/30/20
Contract Showing on Membership: ?
Points in account: ?

It really is not a good enough excuse at this point. They have been understaffed for months now. It was understandable at the start of the lock down.

Two months to do some basic administration is not acceptable.

Home: AKL
Broker: DVC Resale Market
Title Company: Magic Vacation Title
Offer made: 6/30/2020
Offer accepted: 7/1/2020
Sent to ROFR: 7/2/2020
Passed ROFR: 8/4/2020
Closing docs received:
Closing docs returned:
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Points in account:

Home : Beach Club
Offer made: 7/1/2020
Offer accepted: 7/1/2020
Sent to ROFR: 7/1/2020
Passed ROFR: 8/6/2020
Closing docs received:
Closing docs returned:
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Points in account:

Contract closed and deed recorded yesterday. Can't believe it might be another 6 weeks to set up an online account. Why it would take so long I have no idea.

They furloughed many workers from Member Administration and are just starting to bring a few staff back. I was told they had only one person for a while doing it.

I had deed recorded July 7th. Emailed them July 28th to see if they had a timeline but no response yet.

I am hoping by end of August as I have points expiring November 30th that I’d like to get used.

Last edited:
Home : AKL
Offer made: 3/5/2020
Offer accepted: 3/6/2020
Sent to ROFR: 3/6/2020
Passed ROFR: 3/25/2020
Closing docs received:6/2/20
Closing docs returned: 6/2/20
Seller returned closing docs:6/29/20 (issues with UK notary)
Closing: 6/30/20
Deed recorded: 7/1/20
Contract Showing on Membership(New membership) 8/7/20
Points in account:

Last edited:
They furloughed many workers from Member Administration and are just starting to bring a few staff back. I was told they had only one person for a while doing it.

I had deed recorded July 7th. Emailed them July 28th to see if they had a timeline but no response yet.

I am hoping by end of August as I have points expiring November 30th that I’d like to get used.

My deed was recorded July 1st, and also emailed last week on the 30th, with no answer. Not holding my breath at this point.
I did just pass RoFR with a second contract, and in my email, the broker is now saying Disney is saying 45-60 days to get membership after the deed is recorded. :(

My deed was recorded July 1st, and also emailed last week on the 30th, with no answer. Not holding my breath at this point.
I did just pass RoFR with a second contract, and in my email, the broker is now saying Disney is saying 45-60 days to get membership after the deed is recorded. :(

I am already a member so at least once in I have access...don’t have to wait for codes.

But my poor seller has t been paid and they won’t until I see the contract and points. Feel bad for them.

Home: AKV
Title Company: Magic Title Company
Offer made: 04/20/2002
Offer accepted: 04/20/2020
Sent to ROFR: 04/24/2020
Passed ROFR: 05/19/2020
Closing docs received: 06/08/2020
Closing docs returned: 06/09/2020
Seller returned closing docs: 06/22/2020
Closing: 06/23/2020
Deed recorded: 06/24/2020
Contract Showing on Membership: 08/07/2020
Points in account:

43 days from closing to deed recorded... :crazy2:
It's frustrating that the time to close and the time to get the deed even showing on my existing member account was longer than it actually took to pass ROFR.

Home: AKV
Title Company: Magic Title Company
Offer made: 04/20/2002
Offer accepted: 04/20/2020
Sent to ROFR: 04/24/2020
Passed ROFR: 05/19/2020
Closing docs received: 06/08/2020
Closing docs returned: 06/09/2020
Seller returned closing docs: 06/22/2020
Closing: 06/23/2020
Deed recorded: 06/24/2020
Contract Showing on Membership: 08/07/2020
Points in account:

43 days from closing to deed recorded... :crazy2:
It's frustrating that the time to close and the time to get the deed even showing on my existing member account was longer than it actually took to pass ROFR.
Thanks for sharing this! I'm two days behind you on the deed being recorded and hoping to make our 11 month mark to make reservations for next July soon. We will be cutting it close!

Keep posting this new purchases and updates. This is a great way to let others see progress. We are all happy with our purchases. We are all making it through ROFR. We are all getting through membership account setup. It may take a little longer but it’s going to happen and all of us will be happy making that first reservation. Let’s see...which DVC first?

Just to give you a timeline - my deed recorded 6/17 & my account now has a membership number (7/31) but no points loaded yet.

Depressing that I just looked at the first few pages of this thread and someone had their points 12 days after the deed was recorded. Now it seems like your lucky if its 2 months.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!