Club 33 coming to all four WDW parks

I think this is an exciting addition to WDW. I do hope that it's an "addition" and that nothing valuable is taken away to accommodate the facilities. Much was lost at DL to expand C33.

Anyhow, really looking forward to hearing more details. Totally optimistic that it's gonna add to the already amazing package of goodies that is Walt Disney World.

There is an existing lounge within the American Adventure pavilion on the second floor which is what would be used. Imagination is the existing DVC lounge.

AK is a hard one, you don't have much in terms of good views and on the beaten path. They want it open by the end of the year so that doesn't give them much time.

I have heard within the Skipper Canteen area.
Isn't the DVC lounge only part of the Imagination 2nd floor? (But it might be the largest part)

if it[s only going to be lounges then I can tell you people are going to be very disappointed. you don't pay 15,000+ to have a place to rest during your stay. you expect top notch service with drinks and food at least. also there is history at DL that isn't at WDW and what i have heard you don't get access at the other locations by joining at WDW just WDW. so even if they have premier passes, you don't get admission to DL. and that is where the history is

if it[s only going to be lounges then I can tell you people are going to be very disappointed. you don't pay 15,000+ to have a place to rest during your stay. you expect top notch service with drinks and food at least. also there is history at DL that isn't at WDW and what i have heard you don't get access at the other locations by joining at WDW just WDW. so even if they have premier passes, you don't get admission to DL. and that is where the history is
These lounges would have drinks and appetizers but wouldn't be full on restaurants.

if it[s only going to be lounges then I can tell you people are going to be very disappointed.
I'd hope that they would raise the level of the lounges to something nicer than the former corporate sponsors. Club 33 at California is very nice, as is 1901.

Oh...some of you are discussing the possibility that there would be separate memberships for each of the different parks at WDW. I never thought of that. It would be disappointing to see them go in that direction. I just assumed the arrangement would be styled after the club at DLR, where members have access to club spaces at both DL and at DCA.

I guess there really are an infinite number of ways they could configure membership levels. :confused:

If it's akin to the CL lounges at the resorts in addition to annual passes, FP+, special tours and/or events, we would be interested in that. We would actually make more use of a lounge inside the parks than the ones at the resorts. Yes, would love food and drink and a restaurant would be great, but it sounds like that's not in the plan. I'm really hoping it's a place we can drop in to to relax and get some refreshments as opposed to a fine dining establishment that we would have to make reservations months in advance for.

still paying 15,000 plus to have snacks and place to sit is alot of money. I stay club level all the time and love the concierge clubs but I don't know if I want to spend that kind of money for it. I would want to get something more for that price.

DVC also costs 10s of thousands of dollars (depending on how much you buy) and that has 200,000 members. So my guess is this will be popular. Or at least it will be popular IF there is perceived value there. If they give you perks similar to what Disneyland Club 33 members are given, my guess is this will be popular.

The difference is Disney will finance those tens of thousands of dollars. If Disney is willing to finance this then maybe I have a shot :P

Go full Fight Club for it.

Allow people who aren't ridiculously wealthy to fight one on one for the memberships and for the amusement for current Platinum members.

No, seriously. I'll fight all of you for this. At once.

Bring it on man, you're all going down. Muhahaha!

Did we all forget the first rule of WDW Fight Club???

Great idea to add club 33 for those who can afford it. I can't and never will be able. I don't expect this to be to the level of what is offered in DL though.

Oh...some of you are discussing the possibility that there would be separate memberships for each of the different parks at WDW. I never thought of that. It would be disappointing to see them go in that direction. I just assumed the arrangement would be styled after the club at DLR, where members have access to club spaces at both DL and at DCA.

• If you are a Club 33 member at DL, you get access to 1901 at DCA.
  • If you are a 1901 member...you do NOT get access to Club 33.
1901 is pretty much a consolation prize/holding queue until the day you get the opportunity to buy into Club 33. The waiting list had been closed to additions for years until they expanded C33, and it's been that exclusive since before WDW was opened.

• If you are a Club 33 member at DL, you get access to 1901 at DCA.
  • If you are a 1901 member...you do NOT get access to Club 33.
1901 is pretty much a consolation prize/holding queue until the day you get the opportunity to buy into Club 33. The waiting list had been closed to additions for years until they expanded C33, and it's been that exclusive since before WDW was opened.

Interesting. I didn't know they even sold separate memberships just to 1901. I wonder what extra perks come with that?
Well, once again...the various configurations of possible membership plans just boggle the mind. Can't wait to watch it all unfold.

There is an existing lounge within the American Adventure pavilion on the second floor which is what would be used. .

So the Chase lounge? I'll admit that I rarely use it, but I like knowing it's an option. It feels like a secret place, even though it's not!

As long as they are not taking away from us poor folks, I fully support this sort of thing for those who desire this sort of thing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!