Club 33 pricing announced-open to Golden Oaks residents first

Wonder if it has something to do with your history and the amount of money (or as they call it in the alumni world, your “level of engagement”) you spend with Disney? I have to assume they pop the name in the computer and they have access to a lot of info. Parks, cruises, ABD, etc.

I suspect it does. I've been going to Disney parks my entire life, and we started visiting at least twice a year in the late 90s, staying in deluxe resorts. We bought DVC in 2001. We've been to every Disney park in the world at least twice. So yeah, you could say we've dropped a few dollars!

As for value, it certainly comes with more perks than we anticipated. We expressed interest out of sheer curiosity early on, but the inclusions have made us actually do the math and seriously consider buying in. While I wouldn't call it a GREAT deal, there are certainly some special things that make it worth the cost for us, and we can afford to do it. But there are also some questions we have about things, so I'm really hoping they get back to us in time to set up an interview while we're there next week.

We spent more than $15K in fewer than 5 VIP tours in the past year. It’s an awesome deal.

It is *IF* you actually use every perk. We have never spent the money on a VIP tour. Not because we can't afford it but because we've never had a compelling reason to do one. So for us, that's a nice perk we'll take advantage of, but it isn't a savings for us as we'd probably never book one otherwise.

Good distinction. There's a difference between price and "worth". Price is easily stated in dollars. Worth is in the mind.
So true!

In my view, people join clubs like this to make themselves feel better or different or out of the ordinary. They want to hang out with others who are better or different or out of the ordinary. It is really kind of a caste system. Sneetches on the Beaches who have stars upon thars.
Not true for all, so please spare the judgment. There is value in the perks of membership in Club 33 that have absolutely nothing to do with feeling better than others or out of the ordinary. Pay for what someone will use anyway, is another way to look at this that is a bit more kind and inclusive in mindset.

Very well could be part of it. They went after Golden Oak owners first.

I suspect it does. I've been going to Disney parks my entire life, and we started visiting at least twice a year in the late 90s, staying in deluxe resorts. We bought DVC in 2001. We've been to every Disney park in the world at least twice. So yeah, you could say we've dropped a few dollars!

It makes the most sense. When you have a large group of people and limited space, you reward loyalty by looking at longevity and $$ spent. Universities do this all the time. I can just imagine the data Disney has at its fingertips. When I think of the amount of money I've spent with them over the past twenty years ... not sure I want to think about it, LOL. I'm interested in Club 33 (mostly DLR version), and I think we would get good value out of it as we already spend on many of the things that are listed as perks. We've been on the interest list for a while, and I recently filled out the background check form. We'll see. My biggest issue is more with the ability to change the rules and perks at any time. That's a lot of money to drop with no guarantees.

Ate once at the DLR CLub33. Food was good, service was excellent, atmosphere was awesome. A friend made the reservation for my wife and I's anniversary. It was a surprise, she didn't know we were going until the last minute. Scored big points!

As far as "worth". I think if I was close by the park and had sufficient disposable income I would consider it for sure.

It is *IF* you actually use every perk. We have never spent the money on a VIP tour. Not because we can't afford it but because we've never had a compelling reason to do one. So for us, that's a nice perk we'll take advantage of, but it isn't a savings for us as we'd probably never book one otherwise.

Sure, of course. My point is that if all the reported benefits are correct (I'm somewhat skeptical), it's a very good deal (yes, if you want the benefits). I'm assuming anyone willing to spend $$$ on this already goes to WDW several times a year (or a long trip a year). For my family, the Premier passports + 5 VIP tours alone would more than break even. And then I can (hopefully) give away the 50 1-day passes to friends, family, and co-workers (assuming I get invited, of course).

I'm sure plenty of people would, but I wouldn't personally join just for the private dinner club, unless I lived nearby.

Obviously value is relative... and not just to whether you would use the perks, but also relative to how much unencumbered money you have. And it also depends on how long you plan on being a member (to amortize the initial $33K fee). For my family, I think it's a great deal. We will use the perks, my kids are young enough that we will do Disney for many years to come. Now I just need that invitation (or rather application), haha. That said, I will feel really bad about myself if I got interviewed and they say no. Haha.

Last edited:

That said, I will feel really bad about myself if I got interviewed and they say no. Haha.
This is the thing I'm wondering about too. What will they be looking for in their future members? I don't belong (nor have I applied to) any other organizations like Club 33. I'm not sure what to expect in my interview.

They may be filled up by the time I sit down with them on 5/2! Heck, I can't even get a ADR at California Grill!!!!!

I would love to be a member of Club 33. But, we don't go often enough/ live close enough to make it worth while. That's a LOT of money for the ability to go to 4 private lounges, not restaurants. If I had a business in Orlando, and entertained a lot of clients, that could be an amazing deal!

Sorry for the ignorance, by why do people have to be interviewed? If you've got the money, they aren't being choosy who can join are they?

Sorry for the ignorance, by why do people have to be interviewed? If you've got the money, they aren't being choosy who can join are they?
Yes

<EDIT> Sorry, hit Enter to fast. Yes they are being choosy. It's like an in demand country club. They don't have to, nor do they want to, let anyone in with the check. They want the type of people they want. Namely the type that are going to make it the best experience for all the members, however they want to define that.

Now for a country club on the brink... any money will do. But I don't think Club 33 is going to be having those issues.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter