Club Intrawest, Sandestin, FL

CandyK

Earning My Ears
:) Hi,

Just got back from this resort on Saturday. What a lovely place, and a great use of DVC points. We had a one-bedroom unit, with a studio for relatives. The one bedroom was very spacious with a huge balcony with rockers overlooking the bay area or a wooded area. The resort complex is huge, with rental bikes (free to dvc members), walking trails, ferry boat service to the other side of the island, a marina, and a wonderful Village area with numerous shops, and restaurants. Golf lovers, rejoice - many courses amongst the complex. The beach, accessible by bike path, or the shuttle service, is absolutely gorgeous. The shuttle service, by the way, is free, with almost no waiting for it. It will take you to the beach, the Village area, to the grocery store, the outlets - really no need for a car. Back to the beach - The sand is so white, and the water reminds you of the Carribean - beautiful color. Alas, the ocean was a little chilly for a swim, but the weather was great - low 70's and sunny everyday. Beach umbrellas, and lounge chairs, also were free of charge to dvc members. Good thing, as the prices for daily/weekly use were very expensive. We went at a time when Spring Break was not in swing yet, so it was very nice. As the spring/summer progresses, the beach gets more crowded and noisy. Also very hot/humid, we were told.

Anyway, for a great spring getaway, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this resort.:)

:) Hi,

Just got back from this resort on Saturday. What a lovely place, and a great use of DVC points. We had a one-bedroom unit, with a studio for relatives. The one bedroom was very spacious with a huge balcony with rockers overlooking the bay area or a wooded area. The resort complex is huge, with rental bikes (free to dvc members), walking trails, ferry boat service to the other side of the island, a marina, and a wonderful Village area with numerous shops, and restaurants. Golf lovers, rejoice - many courses amongst the complex. The beach, accessible by bike path, or the shuttle service, is absolutely gorgeous. The shuttle service, by the way, is free, with almost no waiting for it. It will take you to the beach, the Village area, to the grocery store, the outlets - really no need for a car. Back to the beach - The sand is so white, and the water reminds you of the Carribean - beautiful color. Alas, the ocean was a little chilly for a swim, but the weather was great - low 70's and sunny everyday. Beach umbrellas, and lounge chairs, also were free of charge to dvc members. Good thing, as the prices for daily/weekly use were very expensive. We went at a time when Spring Break was not in swing yet, so it was very nice. As the spring/summer progresses, the beach gets more crowded and noisy. Also very hot/humid, we were told.

Anyway, for a great spring getaway, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this resort.:)

Thanks for sharing. Destin is one of our closest beaches, and the Club Intrawest has piqued my interest. Glad to hear it is nice!

Glad you had a great time, we love Sandestin. You are right the beaches are some of the best in the world and have won many awards. The water is emerald green.

I really like the Baytowne Wharf area.

Great news. This area is high on my list to visit. It's amazing that DVC members get so many things free (bicycles, beach chairs, umbrellas, etc). When we stayed at Vero Beach, I'm fairly certain that DVC members had to pay to rent those items. And VB is a DVC resort!!

Thanks for posting!

My sister and BIL bought a small interest in Club Intrawest last year, enough for a week in a one bedroom.

They hosted our mom and myself in a huge 2 BR for a 4 night "getaway that was very reasonable. We loved the heated pool, biking around the resort, the restaurants and shops in the village, the small theatre with hundreds of movie choices you could request, but most of all the beach. We went last March and the gulf was too cool, but sitting out under those umbrellas. . priceless.

They did not buy resale, it was expensive, but they bought the least possible # of points. They were pressured to buy more, so they were getting ready to leave, then they agreed to sell them a minimum number.

My mother-in-law works for Sandestin so we have visited there often. We haven't used our points there yet but it is a nice option that we might use at some point. We were last there Thanksgiving and stayed in the Grand Sandestin in a 2 bedroom in the Baytowne Wharf area. Great to know that DVC members get free use of the chairs. Glad you got to visit that great outler mall.:)

Thanks so much for your post as I have this on the top of our list for a trade-out. I have a few questions-How long in advance did you put your request in for a trade and how soon was it confirmed? Do you have any info on golf fees? Do you recommend a woods view or the bay? Thanks again so much and glad you had a good time!

A great place to go while in Destin is an open-air "mall" called Destin Commons. We live about 30-40 minutes from Destin and it really is a beautiful area. July through August it will be pretty busy and very very humid/hot. Did I mention that it would be humid and hot? :)

This is great to know. We rented a 3 bedroom condo last year in this area and loved it. I will keep this in mind. :thumbsup2

We traded for this resort the first week in February. DVC got back to us within 5 days to say there was availability. It was a very spur of the moment activity on our part. Sorry, I don't know about the golf fees, as we aren't golfers. The courses looked great though, and I think the bay view room would probably be more scenic.

We never have been to Sandestein, but we traded into Intrawest's Palm Desert resort and were very impressed with that. We have also toured Temblant. Seemed like an equitable trade for the quality you got. If we were to buy another timeshare other than DVC, we would strongly consider Club Intrawest. We are avid skiers and their resorts in Whistler and Tremblant would be great, the resort in Mexico looks amazing, and I am glad they have a resort in Hawaii too. Marriott is nice, and has far more locations, but Intrawest has something that impresses me more. A bit more "wow" factor for me for some reason, and they have locations in all the places I care about.

Maybe a member of Club Intrawest or someone with general timeshare/vacation club knowledge can contribute their opinion/knowledge of Club Intrawest? Dean?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter