Club Level AKL Questions/Waitlist

debg

Mouseketeer
Hi All,

I've been a member since 1993 but haven't done a wait list before (that I can remember, LOL!). Certainly haven't done one online. Here's my situation: I have managed to snag a club level one bedroom for a Thursday. The point is to do the Sunrise Safari, which is on Thursday. I'd like to know how early we can check in on Thursday, and is it crazy to try to try to check in and do the SS the same day? Is it even possible &/or allowed? Have any of you done this?

I want the room for Wednesday night too, but know that's a real longshot. And, I don't know the best route re wait listing online. Was it good for me to take the Thursday and hope to get the wait list for Wednesday, or would it have been better to try to wait list for both? If I wait list for the Wednesday and it comes through, will the two nights become one reservation, or will I have two different reservations and maybe need to change rooms? And, I was confused re the question about them canceling my current reservation if the wait list comes through - my current reservation is at OKW for the preceding 10 days, then that Thurs at AKL. If I say yes, cancel the current reservation, would they cancel the entire OKW reservation or just the one night that the wait list is for?

I suppose I should call MS to find out, but I know how iffy their info is - sometimes right, sometimes not, and I trust you guys to know best. ;-)

Thanks for any advice and info!

debg

Call the number below, it is the Walt Disney World Concierge Itinerary Planner at the Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge.

They will answer all your questions.

Itinerary Planning Office
Phone 407-938-4755

Moe

I want the room for Wednesday night too, but know that's a real longshot. And, I don't know the best route re wait listing online. Was it good for me to take the Thursday and hope to get the wait list for Wednesday, or would it have been better to try to wait list for both? If I wait list for the Wednesday and it comes through, will the two nights become one reservation, or will I have two different reservations and maybe need to change rooms?
You did the right thing by taking the room that was available, and wait listing the one night. The shorter the number of days in your wait list, the greater your chances of success. If/when your wait list for Wednesday comes through, you will need to call Member Services and ask them to combine into one reservation. At least, this is what I have been told.

And, I was confused re the question about them canceling my current reservation if the wait list comes through - my current reservation is at OKW for the preceding 10 days, then that Thurs at AKL. If I say yes, cancel the current reservation, would they cancel the entire OKW reservation or just the one night that the wait list is for?

I suppose I should call MS to find out, but I know how iffy their info is - sometimes right, sometimes not, and I trust you guys to know best. ;-)
I am not sure about this one, and I think you have the right idea -- call Member Services to make sure... I would not want to run the risk of my entire reservation being wiped out! :crazy2:

Call to confirm what you can do. My understanding is that you can officially check in as early as 7 a.m., and as early as 6 a.m. as long as there is someone behind the counter to check you in (there will be at AKL). i believe others have reported before that you can do the safari on the day you arrive, and also on the day you check out.

Glad to hear I'll be able to check in and do the Safari same day, if it comes to that. Sure hope I get the wait list room but realize the odds are slim to none. I'll call MS this afternoon and ask about the cancelation of the existing reservation when/if the room comes available. Would be so much nicer to wake up at AKL and go straight to the safari, rather than wake up, pack up the car, and get our weary selves to AKL at the crack of dawn. Thanks again for the info. I appreciate it!

debg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter