Trial Club Level Fastpass+ Purchase Program Planning & Discussion

Awesome! I'm so glad it worked well for you.

Can you compare this to the dessert party area by any chance? I'm still curious about the amount of space allotted (e.g. did you have plenty of room to move around if a shoulder kid or basketball player got in front of you at the last minute, as you generally can with the dessert party?). Also, is the view as centered to the castle, or only the far side of the grassy area? Is it a patch in the front of the grassy area, or does it include the back rail to lean on?

Yes I can! Good questions - I was thinking about this last night...

1. There is definitely less space available than the dessert party. And yes, the space is bisected so it's the front end. There is a large hedge to the left, and a sculpted hedge and lamp post to the right. There were some people/shoulder kids on the pathway - in fact, I think a basketball player with a shoulder kid, lol - that security and CMs were continually dealing with - it was easy enough to work around by moving back, although I found a little tougher to contend with than the dessert party.

2. Not as centered as dessert party, definitely more to the left.

3. As I mentioned, the section is bisected and it is the front, so no back railing, which I also prefer! So, people were stretching a bit into the space, so to speak. Also, it felt a little strange to me with the rope, so I sat closer to the front, so there was a lot of commotion and issues on the pathway that I didn't notice when I did the dessert party, since I was at the back railing where there is less commotion and activity. I hope this makes sense! I'll try to take some pictures of the area when I'm in MK tomorrow!

We had a fantastic view but definitely some differences with the dessert party!

I was told the same thing, and planned my extra FPs in the evening (post-afternoon break at the hotel) for the same reason. I think it's a toss up between being able to book a 4th FP early in the day, versus having flexibility in the afternoon without having to reschedule through DSS or whoever is available after 5 p.m. Hopefully this plan works out but I'm constantly questioning whether I should have booked extra FPs in the morning! :)

As soon as you use your 3rd regular FP, then you can book an additional FP. Period.

As long as the times don't overlap, and FP are still available, then you can book them.

For us, our only big absolute was that we didn't want to waste any of the extra FP we'd paid so much to have. Especially at AK, where the extra FP meant having FP for both of the new Avatar rides, we were especially keen to have both attractions covered early in the day.

I would not want to miss one of my FP windows because a meal took too long or WDW transportation was too slow. As you say, maybe it would be easy to rebook a FP via DSS, but er, what if they can't?

I try to be laid back about WDW, but in this case, uncertainty isn't a good thing. You can't be two places at once, and appetizer hour 5-7pm is a big part of the value of staying club level. I would NOT want to have any FP that might interfere with appetizer hour, especially if you want to use the reserved PM show seating.

I'll say this another way:

If your FP are 9am, 10am, 11am, noon, 1pm, and 2pm: after you use the 11am FP, you can book any post 2pm FP that's available.

If your FP are 9am, 10am, 11am, 5pm, 6pm, and 7pm: then after you use the 11am FP you can ALSO start looking for an additional FP- BUT - you have to find something that doesn't overlap with your existing FP. You also have to make sure you in the park to use your late FP.

The problem with many of WDW upcharges is that they are non-refundable, and while some of the perks sound great, people tend to overestimate what they'll be able to do. We are especially prone to imagining PERFECT vacations.

I like this package, but it absolutely came with some caveats. As I've said multiple times now, I am VERY glad we didn't have any ADR's.

Thank you so much @TheFloatingBear! That is very helpful information. I think I have a good "picture" in my head of how this looks and compares now.
I've never done the dessert party, but what the pp reported matches our experience as well. Very few people actually showed up for HEA.

As I just posted, the logistics of using the full value of this upcharge is a challenge.

As soon as you use your 3rd regular FP, then you can book an additional FP. Period.

As long as the times don't overlap, and FP are still available, then you can book them.

For us, our only big absolute was that we didn't want to waste any of the extra FP we'd paid so much to have. Especially at AK, where the extra FP meant having FP for both of the new Avatar rides, we were especially keen to have both attractions covered early in the day.

I would not want to miss one of my FP windows because a meal took too long or WDW transportation was too slow. As you say, maybe it would be easy to rebook a FP via DSS, but er, what if they can't?

I try to be laid back about WDW, but in this case, uncertainty isn't a good thing. You can't be two places at once, and appetizer hour 5-7pm is a big part of the value of staying club level. I would NOT want to have any FP that might interfere with appetizer hour, especially if you want to use the reserved PM show seating.

If your FP are 9am, 10am, 11am, noon, 1pm, and 2pm: after you use the 11am FP, you can book any post 2pm FP that's available.

If your FP are 9am, 10am, 11am, 5pm, 6pm, and 7pm: then after you use the 11am FP you can ALSO start looking for an additional FP- BUT - you have to find something that doesn't overlap with your existing FP. You also have to make sure you in the park to use your late FP.

The problem with many of WDW upcharges is that they are non-refundable, and while some of the perks sound great, people tend to overestimate what they'll be able to do. We are especially prone to imagining PERFECT vacations.

I like this package, but it absolutely came with some caveats. As I've said multiple times now, I am VERY glad we didn't have any ADR's.
honestly, this is really good advice and something i didn't truly think through. i understand a bit clearer how making the CL FPs in the morning would be more assurance that the paid ones don't go to waste. good food for thought. i'm so trained to make FPs early, in order to start looking for 4th, 5th, 6th....... still have time to think about the best strategies for our family.

As I just posted, the logistics of using the full value of this upcharge is a challenge.

I agree! We did it slightly differently each day, depending on our needs, and I feel like each way presented some challenges. Challenges that I vaguely anticipated but can now more fully appreciate! I'll detail specifics more next week when I get back, but generally there's just less flexibility, which sometimes is in short supply in WDW anyway. But definitely benefits too. But my general MO is to over-research in order to maximize flexibility, and it has definitely impacted my usual strategy!

Honestly I'm surprised they didn't just set this up with 3 any attraction or at least any time FPs.

This is where we lucked out!

The current WDW practice, is to offer a replacement anytime-FP in place of a customer's regular FP if a ride goes down during that customer's FP time window.

It happened to us during our recent stay, and it was greatly appreciated.

I was hoping we'd get a survey asking how we liked the program, because I intended to suggest that they make one of the 3 extra FP an anytime FP, and that would make the program much more user friendly.

In truth, I think it would be easier for WDW as well, since They wouldn't have to pay staff to book everything for us. Maybe when they extend beyond the trial they'll be able to do something like that.

This is all very interesting information and discussion.

But I have to admit, the tipping point for me to purchase this was the viewing areas. Once I compared the cost of the other "for pay" viewing areas (dessert parties/dining packages) it made sense. I find great value in not having to compete for a decent viewing area. So making it to the viewings will have more priority than not missing a fast pass. My hope is they will have changing day of fast passes worked out by my June trip.

Another positive review in regards to my experience with Club Level Fastpasses..... while at Animal Kingdom I hadn’t to call DSS twice to change some things on the fly. While I wish I could modify myself, I had no issues, my phone call was answered very quickly and everything I needed to happen did happen without any issues .....

For my family this Has been an awesome experience and we really have been able to do everything we wanted!!!

PS..... Flight of Passage was AMAZING!!!!

Another positive review in regards to my experience with Club Level Fastpasses..... while at Animal Kingdom I hadn’t to call DSS twice to change some things on the fly. While I wish I could modify myself, I had no issues, my phone call was answered very quickly and everything I needed to happen did happen without any issues .....

For my family this Has been an awesome experience and we really have been able to do everything we wanted!!!

PS..... Flight of Passage was AMAZING!!!!
So it sounds like DSS has the ability to modify the extra FPs day of & the availability is not dictated by the normal FP system?

This is great food for thought and very good advice. I'm going to take another pass through my itinerary and see where we can cut ADRs, etc. I see a lot of trial and error working through the logistics of having extra FPs that aren't as easily changed. My FPs are set up like your latter example, so we can take a midday pool break with little ones and get out of the park midday when it's busy/hot, and go to another park in the evening. But we'll see how it works in practice! Thank you! :)

After thinking about our trip here is my final thoughts on the use of the Extra FP system.

Pros
  • Night time viewing
  • No tier blockout
  • Ability to double up your FP
  • Ability to use in different parks
  • If you are not tech savvy or don't want to look at your phone in the park.
Cons
  • Flexibility
  • Cost
Best Uses
  • AK-huge here with the difficulty of getting FOP and the ability to ride it twice. It's a great ride and the land is very cool
  • Park hoping. We did Epcot and DHS and rode all the headliners, would have been very difficult to do.
Mixed Uses
  • Epcot alone. There is only so many rides and while it's nice to have everything booked, I think you can pull extra FP's for everything. Hardest being FEA. The night time viewing is nice, but you need to plan to be on a far side of the world and if the wind is blowing that direction it might not be worth it.
  • DHS alone. It's nice to be able to book all 3 headliners, well 2. But as of now is there 6 rides you want to do and you could only double up one of the RnR or TSM. I'm really don't care for Fanastmic plus it's not a hard show to get into. Once all the attractions open this will probably the most useful. Depending on restrictions for Star Wars.
  • Magic Kingdom. If seeing HEA is a priority this is the biggest benefit. Otherwise I think the flexibility you lose and being tied down for 3 hours is a huge constraint. I was frustrated using the app and being blocked from 4-6 and 8-9. I was pulling everything besides the 7dmt and felt we could have done a lot more with out it.
Final thoughts
I liked it and think it's worth it depending on the time of year you go. If the crowds were lowish or not around a holiday I would probably forgo it. Once Star Wars opens and if the program is still in effect I would use it again in a heart beat.

I’ve got a question. Here’s the situation:

I’m at 72 days out. I have FPs for Slinky, Saucers and TSMM in the morning, then FOP at AK in the early evening. But when I tried to book Safari this morning, the DSS CM told me I’d have to drop one of the HS FPs because since they were all Tier One they were using the CL, and I didn’t have another T1 to use at AK.

Does that make sense, or did I get a confused CM?

IMO, we thought the BEST place to use this was MK, because MK has the most high-appeal FP attractions to us. Maybe others have different feelings, but I couldn't name 6 worthy attractions in Epcot and spring HS (until more new attractions open).

Our MK FP's saved us far more time than our AK FP did, at least over Easter.

Though to be fair, we're willing to ride EE single rider. For EE, we actually split up to see which line was faster. On that day, FP line was faster, but only a little: our FP users exited as the single riders were loading. So that was kind of funny.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter