CM/Character interaction in SWGE

MusicalAstronaut

DIS Veteran
Can you share with me the secrets to getting CMs/Characters to interact with you in SWGE? I've been 3 times and haven't gotten anyone to interact with me, even when I tried to go out of my way to cross paths with them. Is it because I'm a solo traveler/adult? This coming trip I'll be Batuu-Bounding so I'm hoping that might make a difference? It just seems like a fun aspect of the land that I haven't gotten to experience yet. I did ready the interactivity/atmosphere thread but it's pretty dead. :/

Definitely look for Vi Moradi. She’s interactive. As for general CMs I’m sure that depends on what they are doing at the time. If they are busy they are going to be less likely to conversation for periods of time. Look for CMs who may not be as busy.

My favorite interactions were on the day that I brought my shoulder Banshee from Animal Kingdom to Batuu. The CMs were all fascinated and/or horrified by this strange "alien" that they'd never seen before, and I got several great conversations out of that.

I also had a great run-in with Kylo Ren on a day that I was wearing a shirt with a big, sparkly Rebel Alliance emblem on the front. I was using the datapad game and didn't notice him until he was right in front of me telling me off for my loyalty being in question and saying how I needed to choose my alliances more carefully.

So my main suggestion is to have something that is very visible as a conversation piece, whether that's a stuffed animal sticking out of your bag or something that you're wearing or whatever.

My favorite interactions were on the day that I brought my shoulder Banshee from Animal Kingdom to Batuu. The CMs were all fascinated and/or horrified by this strange "alien" that they'd never seen before, and I got several great conversations out of that.

I also had a great run-in with Kylo Ren on a day that I was wearing a shirt with a big, sparkly Rebel Alliance emblem on the front. I was using the datapad game and didn't notice him until he was right in front of me telling me off for my loyalty being in question and saying how I needed to choose my alliances more carefully.

So my main suggestion is to have something that is very visible as a conversation piece, whether that's a stuffed animal sticking out of your bag or something that you're wearing or whatever.
Thanks! I'll definitely have to find a prop of some kind....

Can you share with me the secrets to getting CMs/Characters to interact with you in SWGE? I've been 3 times and haven't gotten anyone to interact with me, even when I tried to go out of my way to cross paths with them. Is it because I'm a solo traveler/adult? This coming trip I'll be Batuu-Bounding so I'm hoping that might make a difference? It just seems like a fun aspect of the land that I haven't gotten to experience yet. I did ready the interactivity/atmosphere thread but it's pretty dead. :/

during the annual pass holder preview, all the CMs and props were great. When I went in December,I noticed that they were not as involved. This is due to several things.

So now every time I go to GE, I come up with a story and I play it out there. Example: one time I set up my Mission to ask about General Organa. The next time I needed to find Rey and deliver a message.

You can spend a good hour this way without having to go on the rides.

during the annual pass holder preview, all the CMs and props were great. When I went in December,I noticed that they were not as involved. This is due to several things.

So now every time I go to GE, I come up with a story and I play it out there. Example: one time I set up my Mission to ask about General Organa. The next time I needed to find Rey and deliver a message.

You can spend a good hour this way without having to go on the rides.
I was there in August for AP previews and I thought the CM’s & theming were great, but I still didn’t get much “story” out of the land. I actually felt really disappointed after the previews (though each time I’ve returned I liked it a lot more). I’ll make up a mission, thanks for the idea! Hopefully I can tie it into the data pad so I have something tangible to go along with it. :)

I was there in August for AP previews and I thought the CM’s & theming were great, but I still didn’t get much “story” out of the land. I actually felt really disappointed after the previews (though each time I’ve returned I liked it a lot more). I’ll make up a mission, thanks for the idea! Hopefully I can tie it into the data pad so I have something tangible to go along with it. :)
have you read the BSO book? That will give you extra knowledge to talk with the Batuuans

LOL! I would like some tips how to NOT get picked to interact with them. I get freaked out by the storm troopers, and will head the other way when I see one :(. We are going in a month and I intend to walk behind my daughter and husband and hide! Good luck with interacting. I thought that you had to just get close to them to be picked, and if that is true, I will NEver be picked:)

My DH is currently reading Galaxy's Edge: Black Spire and he is building up tons of questions to ask Vi. We've also built up a list of things to look for next time we go. (Is there a bathroom in Oga's? Might not lead where you think it should.)

I don't know how I missed that there was a book. Apparently I've been under a rock for a bit. Thank you for posting about that! Homework for before I go so we're ready to interact when we get there! I'm already doing ok with reading Aurebesh. This will give us one more little edge to having a great story.

I don't know how I missed that there was a book. Apparently I've been under a rock for a bit. Thank you for posting about that! Homework for before I go so we're ready to interact when we get there! I'm already doing ok with reading Aurebesh. This will give us one more little edge to having a great story.

There are several books actually. The one mentioned above is the main one that actually sets up the “current” situation in BSO. But there’s also a kids book that explains why Hondo and the Falcon are there, an excellent short read; a teen book that doesn’t explain much but is mostly set in BSO; a SW myths book that had one or two myths from BSO; and I think there may be comics.

Black Spire is Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Book 2.
The same author (Delilah Dawson) also wrote Phasma, which I think is the first place Vi appears if you want some backstory.

There are several books actually. The one mentioned above is the main one that actually sets up the “current” situation in BSO. But there’s also a kids book that explains why Hondo and the Falcon are there, an excellent short read; a teen book that doesn’t explain much but is mostly set in BSO; a SW myths book that had one or two myths from BSO; and I think there may be comics.

Also in Thrawn Alliances they visit Batuu at the different time periods

Also in Thrawn Alliances they visit Batuu at the different time periods

Oh yeah! I forgot about that. The place I imagined when reading the BSO parts of the first Thrawn book is nothing like what’s been built since then. It’s been a few years since I read the first one- I don’t think BSO was described in much detail. Not nearly as much as the Vi book.

What are the names of the kids and teens books? My nephew is a big reader and he might enjoy these before we go to Disney World in March.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter