CM/Character interaction in SWGE

Pirates Price is the junior novel; A Crash of Fate is the teen novel. I personally didn’t like Crash of Fate. I feel it is poorly written. I enjoyed Pirates Price much more. Star Wars: Myths and Fables is the myth one I was talking about; I don’t know what age group it’s for. They are simply written and each story has a beautiful illustration. The book itself is well-designed. That’s one book you don’t want the electronic version for. It’s worth the drive to the library to borrow the physical copy.

Vi was my favorite for interactions--I think she's more approachable (and more prone to approaching random guests on her own) because she doesn't get mobbed like the movie characters do. The one time I saw Kylo Ren he was literally being followed by half a dozen people trying to proposition him. :rolleyes: Chewie seems to do surprisingly well at being able to move around freely, though, and I caught him and Vi (and Chewie's handler the young man who hangs out with Chewie--never caught his name) hanging around the X-Wing chatting with guests about all the weirdly illiterate offworlders who couldn't read Aurebesh in between trying to figure out why the X-Wing kept emitting smoke. Super fun. I didn't join in that time but I had fun listening in, and one guy got a great reaction from Chewie when he "spoke" back to Chewie in Shyriiwook (aka did his best wookie impression).

I'd say just keep your eyes out and don't limit yourself to only approaching the primary characters from the movies. If you see characters hanging out on the platform with the X-Wing, it's because they're there to engage with the crowd--go up and listen in, join in the conversation if you think of something to say. Read the book so you know enough about Vi to ask about her mission--I wish I'd thought to ask her if the "rumors" were true about her founding the resistance base on Batuu when she caught me scanning a crate and set me straight on how I ought to be using my datapad to hack surveillance devices for the Resistance instead. But she showed me how to use the app and that was still a very cool interaction. Using the datapad app in general seems to be a good way to attract interactions; I saw people get stopped and questioned by stormtroopers for it and I don't think Vi would have stopped and talked to me if she hadn't caught me obviously messing with a crate.

Vi was my favorite for interactions--I think she's more approachable (and more prone to approaching random guests on her own) because she doesn't get mobbed like the movie characters do. The one time I saw Kylo Ren he was literally being followed by half a dozen people trying to proposition him. :rolleyes: Chewie seems to do surprisingly well at being able to move around freely, though, and I caught him and Vi (and Chewie's handler the young man who hangs out with Chewie--never caught his name) hanging around the X-Wing chatting with guests about all the weirdly illiterate offworlders who couldn't read Aurebesh in between trying to figure out why the X-Wing kept emitting smoke. Super fun. I didn't join in that time but I had fun listening in, and one guy got a great reaction from Chewie when he "spoke" back to Chewie in Shyriiwook (aka did his best wookie impression).

I'd say just keep your eyes out and don't limit yourself to only approaching the primary characters from the movies. If you see characters hanging out on the platform with the X-Wing, it's because they're there to engage with the crowd--go up and listen in, join in the conversation if you think of something to say. Read the book so you know enough about Vi to ask about her mission--I wish I'd thought to ask her if the "rumors" were true about her founding the resistance base on Batuu when she caught me scanning a crate and set me straight on how I ought to be using my datapad to hack surveillance devices for the Resistance instead. But she showed me how to use the app and that was still a very cool interaction. Using the datapad app in general seems to be a good way to attract interactions; I saw people get stopped and questioned by stormtroopers for it and I don't think Vi would have stopped and talked to me if she hadn't caught me obviously messing with a crate.
I agree the datapad will get some fun interactions without you looking for them
I was playing and Vi approached me from behind and just said "I hope you are working for the right side"
Also I was live streaming and a First Order officer approached me and yelled at me for 5 minutes because I was documenting everything, once I said "Ignite the Spark" he lost it and continued to go on and on about the Resistance's futile attempt for control of the outpost. I loved it so much

We were disappointed with that aspect (well, my husband and son were). It seemed like the storm troopers only interacted with those who were not trying to interact with them, for example.

On my visit a week ago, I was determined to get an interaction out of a CM at ROTR. I came up with my line, "The resistance will NOT be intimidated!" and wore my best Rey-bounding outfit. My husband didn't believe I was going to do it. But I did!!! The CM responded with "You may not be intimidated, but you will be crushed!"

Sadly, I didn't get a chance to reply because my husband started saying "Intimidate her! Intimidate her!" and everyone started laughing. Sigh.

I used that line on Kylo Ren and the Storm troopers too. They were not happy with me. A Storm trooper said, "Clearly you are NOT the last Jedi." Again my husband (who was supposed to be capturing this interaction on his phone) started laughing and there's no record of it. LOL It was SOOOOOOO much fun!

Black Spire is Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Book 2.
The same author (Delilah Dawson) also wrote Phasma, which I think is the first place Vi appears if you want some backstory.

So, the Phasma book is Book 1? Or is there another? I looked up the author on Amazon and nothing jumped out as being "SW:GE Book 1".

Thanks for the info and for your help!

So, the Phasma book is Book 1? Or is there another? I looked up the author on Amazon and nothing jumped out as being "SW:GE Book 1".

Thanks for the info and for your help!

It's not book 1, it's part of another series I think. But they do go together as far as the Vi/Black Spire Outpost storyline.

It's not book 1, it's part of another series I think. But they do go together as far as the Vi/Black Spire Outpost storyline.

Thanks! :goodvibes

But.. do we know the title of Book 1?
I'm not coming up with anything. :confused3

I think I'm just going to download Book 2 and go with that. ;)

I'm finally about to go get a Cricut Maker today, and the first thing I'm planning to make is a T-shirt with "Ignite the Spark" written in Aurebesh and the rebel alliance emblem with flames around it (I've already designed both in the Cricut design app), so I'm hoping to get some conversations out of that on my upcoming visit this weekend!

Thanks! :goodvibes

But.. do we know the title of Book 1?
I'm not coming up with anything. :confused3

I think I'm just going to download Book 2 and go with that. ;)

http://www.yodasdatapad.com/booklist.html

List of all SW books in internal chronological order. The two books with Vi are Phasma, which occurs first, and Galaxy’s Edge: Black Spire. I highly recommend starting with Phasma. It’s a great book and while not necessary to enjoy Black Spire, it certainly helps as it sets up the events of that book.

Back with a report from my trip - I tried to find Vi or an imperial officer, but I only saw Rey & Stormtroopers, and none of them stopped for me. I tried waiting for a picture with Rey but after a few she moved on. I still had fun (I played on the datapad a ton, despite it being glitchy and not giving me credits from Hondo), but I keep striking out with the character interaction!

Rey seems to focus mostly on the kids, at least when I’ve been there. I wonder if they’ve been told to do that? Adults paid admission and like to interact with characters too...

I am curious if the stormtroopers will say somenting if they notice my stormtrooper tattoo. :-)

http://www.yodasdatapad.com/booklist.html

List of all SW books in internal chronological order. The two books with Vi are Phasma, which occurs first, and Galaxy’s Edge: Black Spire. I highly recommend starting with Phasma. It’s a great book and while not necessary to enjoy Black Spire, it certainly helps as it sets up the events of that book.
"Phasma" is a great read, but if you only have time for one, I recommend "Black Spires." The opening provides a good synopsis of the events from "Phasma." It fills in the gaps so you don't feel like you've missed major plot points.

Also, the audio book of "Black Spires" is really good. The narrator does a nice job "acting" the characters out, not just reading the text plainly. And it's enhanced with music, sound effects, background noise in the cantina, etc.

"Phasma" is a great read, but if you only have time for one, I recommend "Black Spires." The opening provides a good synopsis of the events from "Phasma." It fills in the gaps so you don't feel like you've missed major plot points.

Also, the audio book of "Black Spires" is really good. The narrator does a nice job "acting" the characters out, not just reading the text plainly. And it's enhanced with music, sound effects, background noise in the cantina, etc.

Great info! Thanks :goodvibes
I loves me a good audiobook!!
I might have to add the $9.49 audio to the cost of the Kindle book...

Great info! Thanks :goodvibes
I loves me a good audiobook!!
I might have to add the $9.49 audio to the cost of the Kindle book...

Check and see what elibrary services your local library offers! I really never pay for Kindle/audio books. More $$ for Disney!

Check and see what elibrary services your local library offers! I really never pay for Kindle/audio books. More $$ for Disney!

Oh yay! Great tip! Thanks :) How could I forget about the library!?!

I have Kindle Unlimited, so I don't usually pay for books either, audio, e-, or print, unless they're by my auto-buy authors.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!