CM discount when booking a resort

thedisneyprincessxo

Earning My Ears
hey guys quick question,
i am a cast member from the store but never used my CM discount from the hub to book any resort room before. i’m confused because initially i thought in order to get the discount, i had to pay the entire amount on my card. however i was told by other cast members that they have put it under their parents card, or the person who’s staying in the room with them. i am getting a lot of different answers from multiple people, so i called the cast reservations number and asked and the cast member on the phone said it was no problem if i used the card of the person staying with me. Is that accurate because i don’t want to get into any trouble

thanks!

You need to message Webmaster Doc to gain access to the cast member forum here on the boards. You will get lots of very helpful information there.

DD is a CM. She uses our credit card to book the room and pay the deposit and I either pay it off with the gift card or credit card upon check in. You will need to show them your ID I think within 10 days of check in (or at check in) for the discount.

DD is a CM. She uses our credit card to book the room and pay the deposit and I either pay it off with the gift card or credit card upon check in. You will need to show them your ID I think within 10 days of check in (or at check in) for the discount.
Hi, thanks for replying to me! I am the CM and I am going to be staying in the room with my friend. Do I have to pay the entire balance on my credit card since I am the CM or can my friend pay it on her credit card? That’s what I am confused about because I know for merchandise the CM HAS to pay if they are using their ID for discounts but is it different for the resort room because I am staying in it? Everyone is telling me something different but the CM on the phone said it isn’t a problem if I don’t use my card

You need to message Webmaster Doc to gain access to the cast member forum here on the boards. You will get lots of very helpful information there.
Thanks! I went to his page but I can’t find any forums about this topic. Do I personally message him? I’m sorry, I am new here

Unlike merchandise, anyone can pay for the room. (My daughter would never be able to pay herself, we do 2 weeks at a time) Whatever card you booked with will be charged if you do online check in, (if you already put it on your card). If you did this you can call and change it or stop by the resort a day or two before and pay off with your friends credit card. Otherwise if you haven't booked yet, you can just get your friends credit card information and book right through the HUB.

Unlike merchandise, anyone can pay for the room. (My daughter would never be able to pay herself, we do 2 weeks at a time) Whatever card you booked with will be charged if you do online check in, (if you already put it on your card). If you did this you can call and change it or stop by the resort a day or two before and pay off with your friends credit card. Otherwise if you haven't booked yet, you can just get your friends credit card information and book right through the HUB.
thank you so much for clearing that up! Is your daughter the CM? I had others at work telling me dont even dare book with a credit card that isn’t yours or i can be terminated because it’s the same thing as paying for merchandise and taking money from someone else, but then i had others at work telling me they can’t afford to pay with their credit card so they use their parents credit card to book the resort every time they go. I just didn’t want to get in trouble or there be an issue when I check in and they see the card isn’t under my name yet I used the discount. I appreciate your help!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts