COCO the movie and Olaf short

I loved Coco! It's one of Pixar's best. I thought the Olaf short was fine, but too long for being placed with an already long movie. Apparently a lot of people felt that way.

I loved them both. I honestly don't understand all the hate Olaf is getting. You're getting a double feature for free. Why are you complaining about getting something extra for free? I don't know how they didn't know it was going to be included. Disney has been pushing Olaf just as hard as Pixar is pushing Coco. :confused3

http://ew.com/movies/2017/12/03/olafs-frozen-adventure-pulled-coco/

http://mashable.com/2017/12/02/coco-olaf-frozen-adventure-short-removed/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+Mashable+(Mashable)#a9dOARE53kqs

I get that. I mean, personally, I could sit there all day and absorb as much Disney as they wanna throw at me, but I can also understand why some people might find it to be a lot. There were murmers in the theater as it went on and on and on. I think Coco would have done just fine on it's own.

I get that. I mean, personally, I could sit there all day and absorb as much Disney as they wanna throw at me, but I can also understand why some people might find it to be a lot. There were murmers in the theater as it went on and on and on. I think Coco would have done just fine on it's own.

Nobody complained at our theater. :confused3

Begrudgingly sat through a preview for Coco at DHS this past Wednesday afternoon and HATED it. The whole thing... awful. Awful story, awful music, bland characters. It was so awful it almost made me miss the tired "One Man's Dream" film. Plus, it's really sad to see Disney feeling compelled to pander to every single group out there, all in the name of merchandising.

IMO Coco is wonderful. I saw it twice in theatres and hope it lasts till New Years weekend so I can see it again. FWIW, I'm a middle-aged lady from the Beaver Cleaver suburbs of middle-America and about as white/Anglo as they come; Coco uses the setting and culture of Mexico to tell a story anyone can relate to about family, love, forgiveness, growing up, and more. It reminds me of Ratatouille (which I also love) in the sense of having a more complex, adult story (not in an inappropriate sense, but in some emotional themes/story points).

I love the characters; Miguel is a totally believable and sympathetic protagonist; we are right there with him on his journey, even when he makes impulsive and ill-advised choices (like ya do) that he'll learn from - and he is not the only character who will learn and change as they go. And I seriously think Hector is one of the best Pixar characters ever (certainly one of my favorites). I can understand that Coco (like all movies) is not everyone's cup of tea, but "bland" is not a word I could imagine applying to it.

Olaf's Frozen Adventure is a cute Disney TV special. (Disclaimer: I do like Olaf.) It did not need to be in the theatre. And no matter what Disney or anyone else says, I'm still convinced they put it in front of Coco because they were afraid they couldn't sell this weird-looking movie about Mexicans and skeletons with no Princesses.

Anyway, if you haven't seen Coco, stay far away from spoilers and go. And oh, yeah, take a Kleenex.

I will be perfectly honest by saying that after having spent 6 months in Florida, I'm kind of over "Frozen" for the time being. I think I was just overloaded with it. I thought the Olaf short was cute; I enjoyed the music, but it was entirely too long to be in front of a full length film. That being said, I really loved "Coco." It made me laugh and cry (the last Disney/Pixar film that made me cry was "Inside Out").

I thought Coco was fantastic. It has been a long, long time since I left a theater feeling totally satisfied by a movie. This really did it for me. I've encouraged everyone to see it. In fact I've seen it 4 times.
The Olaf short was pretty good but I was actually annoyed by it the first time I saw it because I was eager to see Coco. However, after seeing it again and then on TV I thought it was actually pretty good although the songs were not memorable.

I think Coco is slated for video release in late February already. Sure doesn't take long.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!