Cocoa Beach Half Marathon 10/25/2015

SunDial

Where Are The Umbrella Hats
Who will be doing this one?

This is the inaugural Cocoa Beach Half. I was not going to even think about this one since I signed up for the Wine and Dine 2 weeks later. That was until I heard that the finishers medal was going to be a 3D "I Dream Of Jeannie" bottle. Thought this was a really cool medal to run for. Not sure if the friends I do the RunDisney events with are going to sign up. The course map has not been posted yet. They are saying they we will run thru the part of the port. Have to see if they run past the DISBoards welcome center and stop and see Teresa.Images are from their FB page.

Who's in?

I Dream Of Jeannie medal.jpg I Dream Of Jeannie2.jpg

Hmmmm ... I will be in Orlando then, and have a long run that weekend. Maybe I will sign up for this one!

When I was young, we'd always go to the beach at Lori Wilson Park. I think it would be a fun bit of nostalgia to go run a half there on my running mission!

I'm doing this one, too! Running partner and I are treating it as a training run for Dopey, along with the Space Coast Half a month later. Sounds like it's going to be a fun one!

Since I'm already doing the Space coast full a month after this one,the Wine and Dine half like 2 weeks later and the Miami Beach Halloween half the day before this new race I had already told myself I can't do this race.But now that I see the cool medal and think about it the Miami Beach race is Saturday and this one is Sunday,is it possible I might talk myself into doing this.I'm assuming it won't sell out anytime soon so I'll have some time to think about this.It's a little insane,half on Saturday to then drive 3 hours north,but I've done way crazier things.The only thing is I'm not seeing a whole lot of info on the website,nothing about packet pickup times or anything so at least for now I'm going to hold back on registering for it,but it is pretty tempting to get a cool genie bottle medal the day after getting a Frankenstein medal.

.11070338_300664726724452_5341879242025473253_n.jpg

They posted on their Facebook page yesterday that it is 95% full. But from what I understand, there is also going to be a virtual option with the same bling.

They posted on their Facebook page yesterday that it is 95% full. But from what I understand, there is also going to be a virtual option with the same bling.

Dang! I guess they offered the virtual because the capacity they started with wasn't even close to the demand.

If it's still open when I get back to the hotel tonight, I'll go ahead and register.

Dang! I guess they offered the virtual because the capacity they started with wasn't even close to the demand.

If it's still open when I get back to the hotel tonight, I'll go ahead and register.
I'm thinking about registering for the virtual run, also. The medal is too cool to pass up, and my BiL lives in Cocoa Beach so we are there for at least a week every year. Can't be in the area that week, but the virtual sounds great.

Any idea what the shirt will look like?

Just checked this afternoon and the registration for the run is now closed. Guess they sold out. Probably a good thing for my wallet.
The virtual option is still available until mid-August.

Me and DW are running in this as part of our string for Half fanatics. Also running DDD and Wine & Dine. Still not sure why I agreed to all this.....

Anyone else running this? Just booked my hotel today!

BRF and I are, but we are driving up that morning (~1 hour). Figured it would be good practice for early morning Disney wake up calls for Dopey! ;)

I am thinking about driving up from West Palm Beach and pick up the packet before the run. Maybe an hour and 45 minutes to get there. Then after the run straight to Disney for a few hours before heading back home.

It is pretty cool that they announced Barbara Eden will be presenting the awardsww, for the overall M/F and age group winners.

Wonder how many guys will run in a Jeannie outfit. Been kidding around with my running friends.

hey Ed

how-can-you-tell-if-someone-ran-a-marathon.jpg

that is all
lol

:lmao: Jeff you should have come down a week earlier and done the Wine and Dine.

Only 6 days to go. Everyone ready? I am so not ready for this or the Wine and Dine. Still going to have a lot of fun though. Anyone interested in trying to meet up? Where are y'all staying at?

I missed the sign-up date for the virtual. Bummer since I am running 16 miles this weekend anyway. Might as well get some bling for that effort. :(

:lmao: Jeff you should have come down a week earlier and done the Wine and Dine.

Only 6 days to go. Everyone ready? I am so not ready for this or the Wine and Dine. Still going to have a lot of fun though. Anyone interested in trying to meet up? Where are y'all staying at?

trust me if I could come sooner I would but I would not run lol that's not a vacation for me

Got this in an email this morning

Good morning, Cocoa Beach Half Runners! WE will be sending you the info packet no later than mid-day tomorrow that will include all your parking, shuttle, expo and race info in it. Also, we have received about three dozen cancellations this week so we will open up more charitable race entries for any of your friends who did not get in the event. These will be available at packet pick up on Saturday from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Please send any questions not addressed on our website or FB to info@thefloridamarathon.com Thank you and counting down to Sunday!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter