Code for Magic Candle Company

Tried the last 2 I kept for myself. The first was Contemporary (which is apparently the same as Yacht and Beach, and Grand Floridian). It was pleasant enough - kind of vaguely floral, and kind of just "fresh" smelling - hard to find words other than that. But like the others I previously poosted about - not really noticeable sitting pretty close, unless I waved the mist right into my face. And not noticeable at all when I left the apartment, kept it on, and came back a little while later. Have the Haunted in now - I will say it smells MUCH better in the diffuser than it did when I just smelled it in the bottle. I smell pretty much just vanilla, which is fine, but I really don't like that "heavy" of a scent on an ongoing basis, and especially not when the summertime comes. Pleasant enough, and I very FAINTLY smelled it when I left and came back.

So - all in all - the only scent I liked, and could really smell without sniffing the mist on purpose was the Banshee Flight, and I also smelled it going out/coming back. But didn't really like it enough to say "Oooh - I want to smell this on an ongoing basis" once the bottle is gone. The others - even the ones I liked - are too faint and fleeting for me to want to spend any more future money on. And the diffuser not cycling through all the colors is a disappointment, even though I've come to deal with it.

So - this has personally been a very "no so much" experience for me, but I'm glad I did it, and am happy I was able to gift my 2nd diffuser (which apparently works fine) and 4 scents to somebody, and make them happy. Hope you all have great experiences, and would love to hear about them, if you'd like to share!

The Animal Lodge smells just like the Spireside version and really packs a punch (as Pete indicated). Like I'll light it for about 20 minutes and blow it out. I'll stick with the Spireside version going forward on that scent.

Any of yous guys try the Banshee? I really hope that one is a good match to Flight of Passage.
For my first order I purchased Animal Kingdom Lodge, Wilderness Lodge, Banshee Flight, and Flying Over Figi candles. I really like the wood wicks in the candles. In the melts, Castaway Cruise and Carribean Resort, then some of the bath bomb cubes.

Wilderness Lidge is my fav resort and while it's a nice scent, it is a little too much like a man's cologne to me (and I prefer cleaner smells...musky smells, not so much). Animal Kingdom Lodge is very nice and subtle! I love Flight Over Figi and I think it's very close to the smell from Soarin (my fav). I also like Banshee Flight. I haven't used the Castaway Cruise melt yet but the Carribean Resort melt is very strong....it's a perfect bathroom scent! I dont even have to have my warmer on to smell it so I expect that to last a long time (we only put 1 cube in there).

The bath bombs....not a fan. The scents are good but the Banshee and Figi ones leave a colored ring on the sides of the tub.....blue! I wish they would lose the artificial coloring on those!

I'm about to get some of the room fresheners and their accompanying oils so I can refresh the room fresheners when they start to lose potency. Has anyone tried Mickey Waffles?

Last edited:
I would like to try these but admit to being pretty sensitive to scents. Is there anywhere on Disney property that sells these or is it online only?

@SorcererHeidi I wonder if the oils used in the diffuser oils aren't as potent as the candles. I'm burning the Flying Over Africa candle and it definitely has a throw to it. Sorry to hear that the diffuser oils aren't up to snuff.

@SorcererHeidi I wonder if the oils used in the diffuser oils aren't as potent as the candles. I'm burning the Flying Over Africa candle and it definitely has a throw to it. Sorry to hear that the diffuser oils aren't up to snuff.
Definitely could be it, @auntfrannie, since I have no previous experience with diffusers. And I personally don't want an open flame, so wouldn't get a candle. Glad your'e enjoying yours though!

This company is making a killing now thanks to Pete
Mostly off of me! We have went a little nuts with these.

The candles fill the room the most. The melts are close but not quite as strong. The oil diffuser is not bad but does not fill a room the way the candles do. We purchased a second diffuser that is much larger and is designed to fill a larger room. It helped but it is still not as good as the small candles.
Our favorites are Poly and Rome Burning. Rome Burning is awful if you just smell the candle or oil. It is strange at first but is oddly calming after a few minutes. Mouse Waffles is also amazing. Butterbeer was a disappointment. Walt's Office is great.

Mostly off of me! We have went a little nuts with these.

The candles fill the room the most. The melts are close but not quite as strong. The oil diffuser is not bad but does not fill a room the way the candles do. We purchased a second diffuser that is much larger and is designed to fill a larger room. It helped but it is still not as good as the small candles.
Our favorites are Poly and Rome Burning. Rome Burning is awful if you just smell the candle or oil. It is strange at first but is oddly calming after a few minutes. Mouse Waffles is also amazing. Butterbeer was a disappointment. Walt's Office is great.
Glad you're enjoying your stuff. I donated both my diffusers and oils to people that are appreciating them, so at least they don't feel like wasted money. :)

How are people liking their candles/oils/etc? Now that some time has passed I am curious what scents people like, which ones they don't?

How are people liking their candles/oils/etc? Now that some time has passed I am curious what scents people like, which ones they don't?

I have purchased 24 of the oils, so far. I have been sharing my thoughts, here:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/w...-scented-candles.3554411/page-3#post-60237541

So far, my most absolute favorite are:
Haunted
Pinocchio's Village
Tiki Terrace
Polynesian
Mine Train
Walt's Office
Wilderness Resort
France
Churro
Extraterrestrial Forest

I was thinking of ordering another 8 more to try, soon.

Little disappointed in how long it has taken to get my order.

11 Days as of today and according to tracking it should be delivered tomorrow

Little disappointed in how long it has taken to get my order.

11 Days as of today and according to tracking it should be delivered tomorrow

Sorry to hear that! We just moved our production location, so we apologize for any delay during that transition.

I only use Yankee Candles as they are powerful enough to fill my rooms. Pete mentioned something similar on his solo show so I bought a few. I bought Beach Club, Philharmagic, Orange Grove, France and Norway. No one, including myself could guess what the scents were but once I told them what they we all agreed that yes, it does smell like that. I have burned the "Norway" and it does fill my kitchen and family room. I only burn candles on my granite countertop or bathroom tile. I did notice they have a "low soot" burn so they aren't as smokey which I like.

I'm happy with them. Pete is always so spot on with his recommendations. It was a great idea to sponsor the boards. If I hadn't seen it here, I would never have known about them

Hi everyone I wanted to introduce the Magic Candle Company disboards account! Just wanted to say hi! If you have any questions about any of the products let me know!
Hi MCC!
Just curious as to whether you've had much feedback on the international shipping rates and if it's something you're looking into to get a reduced rate?
I'm dying to try some (I'm a candle nut, used to sell PartyLite, obsessed) but along with the horrific exchange rate, the shipping cost is far too prohibitive to even consider placing an order at this point, and with no future trip planned, looks like I won't be trying them for a long while yet.

Note: I just went over and tried to price out the shipping on air fresheners (figuring they could be posted pretty inexpensively in an envelope) but it won't even give me the option to ship to Australia :(

The standard shipping rates have gone up massively here in the USA, the international flat rate boxes and envelopes used to be really really economical. Probably too much so based upon the massive increase. The $7.50 small envelope now doesn't exist, the $12.50 is now $35+!! I almost fell over when posting a keyring back to the UK! haha... So I guess that may have something to do with it. Shame though.

I have the Pineapple whip large candle as well as the Pandora 'flights of passage' smell. We love both of them! I have a number of other aromas from other companies and they all have some that are spot on, and others that are a little wide of the mark. I will be ordering some more soon. Welcome to the DIS!

I got the bath fizzes for Mother's Day! The bath fizzes crumble, which I love. I was able to use a half of one for my bath. I really want to stretch them out!

You all know I placed my order :) I am a candle addict, burn them all the time! Can't wat for these to come in <3
Just ordered Pirate Life and Pineapple Whip :goofy:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!