Code watch for September 2017

teach39

Earning My Ears
Hoping for deal for September 2017. Wanting to stay at a moderate resort. For those of you who have been in September, which resort has the best deal? Prot Orleans Riverside, French Quarter or Carribean Beach Resort?

Wow this group is small, September isn't that bad! LOL :scared: Joining as we'll be there 9/30-10/8. :cloud9:

I'm moving over to September:) checking in on the 23rd. We were originally booked for Oct but school schedules changed, yay!! Actually makes me quite happy! Hoping for free dining again!

So excited about planning our trip for September 2017 for my middle sons HS graduation :) We've been twice before and stayed at the Cabins at Ft. Wilderness and got the free dining. So hoping for that same deal this time around too. We usually stay 7 days and I'm trying to talk my DH into 9 so we can avoid the madness of me pushing the kids from sun up until the wee hours ;)

We are currently booked at POFQ, two rooms 5 adults 1 child for September 9-16,2017. Looking at discounts for now FQ is not included in Stay, Play and Dine. However a 10% discount is. Would it be worth it to switch to CBR in order to maybe get the Stay Play and Dine? Just would like some opinions. We plan on doing at least 2 character meals.

I posted this in another thread but will copy part of it here: "I called the Bounceback number from our room phone at the end of our trip this Sunday, Oct. 2. I asked if any dates in September were included now after Sept. 9. The employee was borderline rude, stating that the only dates available were the ones in the flier. I pointed out that the expiration date on our flier was Oct. 1 (if I remember correctly) and I was hoping that the offer might have changed since it was after that booking deadline. She said that September is a more popular travel time now and that they were not offering this discount for most of that month next year. I guess that means we will be looking for discounts to Disney next year but also seriously considering other vacation options..."

I really hope that later they find that bookings in September are seriously down due to the lack of a good promotion that month and that they offer the rest of the month in the free dining offer next year, and also that they include enough rooms at moderate resorts in the promotion so that they don't run out of rooms the first day. If you want free dining for next September for trips starting after Sept. 9th, you might not want to book now because that reduces the chances that they will offer it for that time period later. Why should they offer promotions if the rooms are already booked? Disney does not seem to realize that September is largely popular because of the free dining promotion and traditionally lower room prices. Those things help compensate for the heat and the frequent storms of September (I'm not sure if my tennis shoes are dry yet from the monsoon I waded through Saturday night after the Star Wars fireworks were cancelled..LOL.)

I really hope that later they find that bookings in September are seriously down due to the lack of a good promotion that month and that they offer the rest of the month in the free dining offer next year, and also that they include enough rooms at moderate resorts in the promotion so that they don't run out of rooms the first day. If you want free dining for next September for trips starting after Sept. 9th, you might not want to book now because that reduces the chances that they will offer it for that time period later. Why should they offer promotions if the rooms are already booked? L.)

I thought of this as well, but I booked now because I needed the year to pay this off, unfortunately. Crossing my fingers and hoping the CM you spoke was just one of many lately that really don't know for sure what information they're giving out.

Joining in on this thread. Hoping to go down late Sept for my daughters 10th birthday :)

Just booked September 10-16, 2017 at the Poly, first time in September, we are usually a May/June family - now the discount hunt begins ....

Last edited:
Joining in- Hoping to get free dining for a September 2017 trip.
Dates are flexible-
But would love 16th-24th at POR garden view with free dining.
I have been out of Disney loop for a while.
Our 1st and only trip was sept 29-oct 6 2012. We stayed POR, and it was prefect.

I'm on board! I am tentatively planning for Sept 1-9. Our two daughters are celebrating their 13th and 16th birthdays, so it will be a fun trip! I've talked about it to a few people and they are shocked that I am planning so far ahead. I've given them the "But I can make my dining reservations in only 12 weeks!" story, but they just don't understand!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!