Coffee makers in room @ GCH

Glitterbelle

Earning My Ears
me again with another coffee question ;) : are the Keurig coffee makers in the Grand Californian pod machines? If so where is the closest place I can I buy more pods - even if the hotel provides pods we will still need more. Ditto milk. Cheers.

Yes, they are. Housekeeping will bring you extra pods if you leave a note. But if you'd rather bring some, I'd buy them at home and pack them. I don't think there's a place within walking distance and I hate to give up even 15 minutes of park time!

There are 6 or so pods each day and they replace them daily when housekeeping comes in. If you need more, just contact housekeeping.

I'm so sorry to hijack this thread...my apologies @Glitterbelle! I'm staying at DLH in August and I'm wondering what kind of coffeemaker is in the rooms at DLH...Keurig with pods like GCH, or something different? I was thinking they were the usual little coffeemakers with filters...if the DLH has Keurigs with pod, this is a game changer for us!

Thank you!

I'm so sorry to hijack this thread...my apologies @Glitterbelle! I'm staying at DLH in August and I'm wondering what kind of coffeemaker is in the rooms at DLH...Keurig with pods like GCH, or something different? I was thinking they were the usual little coffeemakers with filters...if the DLH has Keurigs with pod, this is a game changer for us!

Thank you!
We stayed there in Dec. and it was those other coffee makers. the Cuisinart? I thought i had read that they had started putting Kurig in some rooms in DLH, but I could be wrong and it was probably just GCH

Any charge for the pods?
No, but I usually tip housekeeping for the room cleaning.

Thank you!
DLH is still Cuisenarts. The suites at the PPH have moved to Keurigs.

Yes, they are. Housekeeping will bring you extra pods if you leave a note. But if you'd rather bring some, I'd buy them at home and pack them. I don't think there's a place within walking distance and I hate to give up even 15 minutes of park time!
Oh that's good to know! We don't have this brand in Australia so I had no idea what sort of machines they were. Thanks.

The pods in the room are 2 pods of regular coffee, 2 of decaf, and 2 of tea. We asked and they added more regular coffee (for my daughter.) I bring tea bags and use them to make iced tea in the keurig.

The pods in the room are 2 pods of regular coffee, 2 of decaf, and 2 of tea. We asked and they added more regular coffee (for my daughter.) I bring tea bags and use them to make iced tea in the keurig.
oh thanks for the heads up. Decaf will NOT cut it! ;)

The GCH had K pods when we were there last august. Like everyone has posted, just call mousekeeping.

Jack

oh thanks for the heads up. Decaf will NOT cut it! ;)

Just tell/leave a note for housekeeping. We don't 'do' decaf either and just leave a note saying "4 pods regular coffee please, no decaf needed". We've also hit up a housekeeper in the hall on the way back to our room and been given coffee from her cart for a cup in the evening to recharge.

We usually have two cups in the room in the morning when we're getting ready, then hit Sbux on the way in to the Parks. The DTD Sbux does mobile ordering.

Are the coffee machines in the DVC part of the hotel also pods or are they still the old basket coffee?

Are the coffee machines in the DVC part of the hotel also pods or are they still the old basket coffee?
VGC have 12-cup Mr Coffee, using flat bottom basket filters.
Villas were some of the first rooms renovated, and the coffee makers did not change.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!