Coki vs. Sapphire Beach

CindyBeth

<font color=deeppink>There's a Great Big Beautiful
We want to do some snorkling on St. Thomas and have narrowed it down to either Coki or Sapphire Beach. My dd has snorkled before but is a little unsure of herself. Which beach do you think would be better for us?

With kids, I'd say Coki is the better choice. Both are great snorkeling beaches, but in my opinion Sapphire is a bit harder. Coki tends to be a bit more calm. Also, Coral World is right next door, which is a great place for kids.

We were on the eastern cruise in March and made our way to Coki beach on our own. It was myself, DW, DS (15), DD1(12), and DD2 (10). We found Coki beach fantastic for the children. Great snorkelling, helpful (not pushy) beach staff, and lots to see under the waves!

One of the largest attractions of Coki Beach, however, was the Coki Beach Dive Club. I am a certified scuba diver and had read up on them prior to my cruise. Needless to say I was not disappointed!

We ended up doing bubblemakers with my youngest daughter and the intro to scuba with my older. I also did a certified dive and saw all kinds of neat stuff! On the bubblemakers, the instructor brought along a bag of fish food and managed to get my girls surrounded by all kinds of colourful fish. They continue to talk about this even now! My older daughter has now assigned herslf the handle "scuba girl" and can't wait to get her scuba certification!

Sorry I don't know about sapphire beach - I hope this helps a bit about Coki beach!

Emjoy your cruise!

... Mike (aka Ottawacruiser)

With little time and much to do, our family decided to do St T. on our own and hired a guide for the day. As we had several little ones, he highly recommended Coki over Megan's Bay and Sapphire as it seems to be calmer w/a gradual drop. It was a day we'll never forget ~ as we had much fun picnicing, swimming, snorkeling at Coki, visiting adjoinning Coral World and also parasailing. You can't go wrong with any beach on St T.!!
Hope you enjoy, whatever you decide. :cool:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter