Cold ? Animals

klb5

Earning My Ears
How much does the weather ( temp) affect animals in AK KSafari??
Going Nov28 / Dec 5 -- and was wondering if it is worth getting a savannah view room????

From my experience, the animals at AKL and AK Theme Park are much more active in the cooler weather than in the Summer. The Savanah View is wonderful any time of year IMO. I would definatly recommend it.

I was at the AKL, in a Savannah view room the first weekend in January, 2002, and it was quite cold. However, no problems with seeing animals. Of course, that's the only time of year I was ever there, so I don't have anything to compare it to, but it seemed OK. Saw plenty of animals.

Last year I was at the AKL at that exact time (Nov. 28- Dec. 04). On our first full day there (Nov. 29) It was freezing (hey...remember I live in California)...record lows of about 39 degrees F in the morning...but there were still zebra, giraffe, and cattle in the savannah. As the week progressed it warmed up a little. The animals seemed to be more active and closer to the buildings later in the afternoon (when it was warmer). One morning I went out on our balcony at about 7:30 am and the truck was putting out food. It was cold, but the giraffes were really active.
We loved being at WDW in general that time of year so much...that we are going back this year!:earsboy:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter