"collecting" fastpasses?

redbonec

Mouseketeer
I saw a post recently saying collecting fastpasses to use later,
I thought I had read you can only have 1 fastpass at a time, or can get another 2 hours after the first issuing?
can you get a new fastpass for rides every two hours, then use them all later in the evening?

I was wondering this too - can we collect fastpasses for the big rides throughout the morning (well, three at least, I suppose) and then use them later at night once the babysitter shows up to watch the littles?

You can get your next fastpass in 2 hours are ofter the return time listed on your last fastpass. Sometimes in the mornings you can get a fastpass that has a return time of less than an hour from when you get it. You don't have to use that fastpass to get another one.

You can get a new fastpass as soon as the window on your fastpass opens or after two hours.....whichever comes first.

For instance, if you get a fastpass for Indy at 9:00am and the fastpass return window says "return from 9:45 - 10:45, you can get another fastpass for a different ride as early as 9:45 (and you don't need to use the indy one). If you get a fastpass with a much later return time, say you get one for Space Mountain at 1:00 and the fastpass return time is 5:00, then you can get a new one two hours later.

It is very possible to have several unused fastpasses collected during the day that can be used later in the day.

KNOW THESE FP THREADS:

"Getting the Most Out of FastPass During High Season" www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=885132

"FastPass for Dummies and Smarties - A Photographic Explanation" www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1186052

"Which Fast Pass First?" www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1107718

"Strategies For Using DL and DCA Opening Time Differences to Collect More Fastpasses"
www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1553197

"Why I Park Hop" http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1491961

Here's an example of an excellent FP pickup morning.

- 8:02 - ST (then go ride 4-5 FL rides)
- 8:40 - SM
- 9:30 - Indy
- 10:20 - Splash

HOP to DCA

- 10:30 - Soarin
- 10:40 - Screamin' (if it's not connected....& after riding single rider first of course :))

& pick up a BTMRR FP & Roger Rabbit FP when i return to DL in the late afternoon.

What's that......Eight FPs? Not rushing around.....just picking up FPs as i tour.

:)

I was wondering this too - can we collect fastpasses for the big rides throughout the morning (well, three at least, I suppose) and then use them later at night once the babysitter shows up to watch the littles?

yes.

We've never been to DL, but are WDW vetrans, and we always used the FP's -- at WDW, they had a return time window that you were "officially" supposed to return during, but in actual practice, you could return any time afterwards up until park closing that night. But within the last month or so, WDW has started enforcing the return time window -- now you only get a 15 minute grace period. So for example, if your return time is supposed to be 1-2 pm, you can actually return between 12:55 - 2:15 pm, but as of 2:16 pm, you would not be able to use it. :sad1:

Is that the case at DL? Or can you return any time afterwards? (up until park closing that night):confused3

We've never been to DL, but are WDW vetrans, and we always used the FP's -- at WDW, they had a return time window that you were "officially" supposed to return during, but in actual practice, you could return any time afterwards up until park closing that night. But within the last month or so, WDW has started enforcing the return time window -- now you only get a 15 minute grace period. So for example, if your return time is supposed to be 1-2 pm, you can actually return between 12:55 - 2:15 pm, but as of 2:16 pm, you would not be able to use it. :sad1:

Is that the case at DL? Or can you return any time afterwards? (up until park closing that night):confused3

The end time is currently not enforced at Disneyland. They DID start enforcing in at WDW in March, no word on when or if they will do the same at DL.

Once the return time on the fp has expired is it no longer usable?
Like say you have a fp time on the ticket that says 1:00-3:00pm
once 3:00 has passed then the fp is not usable anymore since it is past 3:00?

What will be so awesome for you in this situation is that you will be able to collect four FPs at each attraction, since there are four in your family. When you and DH go out on your date, you will be able to ride using FP then use the other two to go again! Told ya you were gonna love those magical nights with just you and DH!!!:love: LOL!

Once the return time on the fp has expired is it no longer usable?
Like say you have a fp time on the ticket that says 1:00-3:00pm
once 3:00 has passed then the fp is not usable anymore since it is past 3:00?

In Disneyland you can use it past the 3:00 end time until the end of the day.

fastpasses are a wonderful option to use for crowded evenings, you can save them up during the day and then get more rides in at night when it's crowded. You just really have to start collecting them right away and watch the return times so you can get more without having to wait too long. We love when HM has FP, not too many people know where the machine is and don't use it, so during overlay when it's crowded, we can really get in a couple of rides fast! That is DD's favorite ride, so we are on it several times a day. I hope they never enforce the expiration time, I'm sure one day they will, but I hope for now they hold off.

At DLR, the FP return time is NOT enforced. You may use your 3pm return time any time after 3pm that same day.

In other words......THE FP RETURN TIME IS NOT ENFORCED AT DLR. :)

It's also not humid at DLR, you don't have to ride stinkin' buses at DLR......oh, and FP return times are NOT enforced at DLR.

(not to mention that I've never seen 10 zillion love bugs & not even one brazillian youth group at DLR. ;)).

:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter