College Football 2022

Part-Time Paradise

Is it camping season yet?
Ok week 2 in our house. Army went to OT and ended up losing. A few key mistakes and penalties cost them the game, but they played well. K-State blew out their former Big XII rival now SEC turncoat, Missouri.

I didn't watch it, but what happened in the Bama-Texas game? I figured it was going to be a blow out.

I didn't watch it, but what happened in the Bama-Texas game? I figured it was going to be a blow out.

Bama won by one point, PTP. 16 penalties for Bama so we had to overcome our own mistakes. The Texas starting QB got knocked out of the game in the 1st half so the backup played the rest of the way. Bama kicked a field goal with 1-2 minutes left in the game to pull ahead. Texas played well.

I consider football games to be like airplane landings. In football, any game you win is a good game. With airplanes, any landing you can walk away from is a good landing. Alabama walked away from this landing.

Sark, being our former Offensive Coordinator, did a good job preparing his team for us in Austin. The Longhorns come to Tuscaloosa next year to close out the home-and-home contract before they enter the SEC with Oklahoma.

Ed

PS - I plan to pull for Army whenever possible. Still have my black-n-gold shaker and souvenir cup from my visit to West Point last year. That was a great memory with my Dear Son.

Last edited:
I consider football games to be like airplane landings. In football, any game you win is a good game. With airplanes, any landing you can walk away from is a good landing. Alabama walked away from this landing.
For sure. As Texas is the impetus for the collapse of the Big XII years ago and now they're jumping ship, I had hoped for buckets of orange tears and a taste of regret in their mouth similar to the SEC Shorts videos last year making fun of OU and Texas.

For sure. As Texas is the impetus for the collapse of the Big XII years ago and now they're jumping ship, I had hoped for buckets of orange tears and a taste of regret in their mouth similar to the SEC Shorts videos last year making fun of OU and Texas.

The Oh-so-close Tejas loss will produce the same regret, I would say.

And make my Alabama season tickets for that game next year HERE in Titletown worth SO much more on StubHub. :banana:

I've been going to home games for 40+ yrs. I think I'll cash in on this rivalry next year. It might almost pay for a week at the Fort :laughing: .

ED

Has football season started again?

Cards are still 1st the the NL Central and look to be in a good place for the playoffs. Heading to another game Tuesday. Scoping out section and seats for next year's ticket package. :)

j

Has football season started again?

Cards are still 1st the the NL Central and look to be in a good place for the playoffs. Heading to another game Tuesday. Scoping out section and seats for next year's ticket package. :)

j

My Cleveland Indians are barely holding onto 1st place in the AL Central. Trying to hold back the White Sox and the Twins.

Although, given the expanded Wild Card Playoff format, as the lowest Division leader, the Tribe (or whoever wins the Central) will have to be in the mix with the other Wild Card teams. So no first round playoff "bye" for the Central Division winner for winning their standings. They'll have to slug it out with the wild card teams to try to advance.

However, this was supposed to be a rebuilding year for Cleveland so I suppose to be in 1st place now in September is an unexpected gift.

But, indeed it is the start of the college football season.

Ed

PS - Jim, keep us updated on your season ticket package progress so I can live vicareously through you and DW.

Last edited:

Jim, keep us updated on your season ticket package progress so I can live vicareously through you and DW.
We are going tomorrow. 1st of two with the Brewers. Sitting in left field, just to the foul side of the foul pole. 9th row. I like this side of the park. It gets shade early. Our regular seats this year were deep right field and you were looking due west. Some of the last seats to get shade. Last week, we stopped by our seats for tomorrow. Here's the view. I think I'd like a couple of sections over a little more into left field.

Looking at playoff tickets. They go on sale Friday. We'll see.

20220906_180157.jpg

j

I'll post a couple of pics and then you can get back to your college football.

Here are a couple from tonight's seats. Section 168, row 9.

Not bad, I would take these all season next year.20220913_175838.jpg

20220913_175636_copy_1176x721.jpg

This is a shot of the section our regular seats were in. Section 107. Above the Schnucks (local grocery store chain) sign. Still in full sun, but pretty view of home plate.

20220913_175615_copy_1280x721.jpg

j

Well.....let night Dish Network and Disney parted ways due to not being able to reach a contract agreement. Didn't know this until I turned on the TV to watch College GameDay and instead had a VP from Dish saying sorry, we cannot accept Disney's almost 1 Billion dollar raise in fees that obviously are going to be passed on to the customers. This makes me want to cancel my Halloween FW stay, 7 day VMCV and my Disney+. 😡

Oh they'll negotiate a new rate after a few days of not paying the rights fees. This happens routinely with all the providers. And then they'll pass on the higher costs to us subscribers.

ED

Last edited:
You called it @bama_ed
I get to keep my Mickey PJ'S and my Disney vacation and maybe the Disney+. Got my email today that Dish and Disney are friends again :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

FB_IMG_1665884513466.jpg

Donna was reading me the baseball scores while I was driving back from Key West today and then she came across this. I thought she had it backwards.

j

I'm in Charleston for a wedding and went on a walking tour yesterday. One of the guys in it asked me about the upcoming game. I told him I hope our #1 QB played because TN would put a bunch of points on the board and we would need him to play to keep with their point production. So the outcome was no surprise to me.

Que Sera, Sera.

ED

WHAT A GREAT COLLEGE FOOTBALL SATURDAY!
My colleges did so well.
1. I popped a champagne cork when Tennessee won (Hooray Rocky Top)!
2. Kept the bottle on ice and poured when Pursue won!
3. If Wisconsin had won, it would have been my Trifecta.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter