Combining Multiple Reservations

PrincessCooper's Mom

Mouseketeer
On hold for 27 minutes and told it cant be done because of the way I booked the reservation.

I have 3 different reservations for a 1 week, which is what I had last year and they were able to combine into 1 reservation which is needed to make FP+ all at the same time for the week instead of 3 different mornings.

But she did contact the Fort and let them know it would be 1 stay. LOL!!!

Has anyone done this lately???
Has something changed since last year???
Is there a better number to call then the main 407-934-7639?

I did it a few months ago for Halloween time. I had a Preferred and reserved a 1-day stay at the end of the first and got them mergeded.

Not sure what the problem might be. But you said "she did contact the Fort..." so did you use a travel agent for one reservation and you made the second one yourself? If that's the case neither one of you "owns" both reservations. The same person has to "own" both reservations. The dates must be consecutive for the same type of campsite.

I called the main reservation line and explained what I wanted to do. They transferred me to "Guest Services". GS did it for me. The first longer reservation number was kept and they simply extended the checkout day by one. Since I had done a one-night's deposit on both, they had to transfer the money so that it took over 24 hours to work itself thru the system but it all worked out in the end and now I have two paid nights on the upcoming reservation.

Bama Ed

I'm gonna call back and hopefully get someone that can help. I made all 3 reservations online.
It is so frustrating when they tell you something and you know it is not correct information.

On hold for 27 minutes and told it cant be done because of the way I booked the reservation.

I have 3 different reservations for a 1 week, which is what I had last year and they were able to combine into 1 reservation which is needed to make FP+ all at the same time for the week instead of 3 different mornings.

But she did contact the Fort and let them know it would be 1 stay. LOL!!!

Has anyone done this lately???
Has something changed since last year???
Is there a better number to call then the main 407-934-7639?

I did this about 2 weeks ago ... added 3 days to the end of our stay and was told that I would not have to relocate for those last 3 days. I don't remember which number I called but I think it was (407) 939-6244.

This is why you hire a travel agent. Tell them when you want to go, then go about your everyday like while they deal with the headache and never charge you a dime.

1) People do not understand.
2) Reservations are basically a Rubik's Cube.
3) CM's and computers have to balance all the combinations with the availability of resort rooms and FW campsites.
. . . you might want to combine dates when others have been scheduled through those dates
. . . why make others move during their stay just for your convenience?
4) Complication Example:
. . . someone has seven nights 8th through 14th
. . . someone has six nights 17th through 22nd
. . . you have seven nights 12th through 20th
. . . the first two would have to move if you wanted a contiguous stay
5) If you are going at a busy time, think of this complicated by hundreds of other reservations
6) All you can do is hope that one or more campers cancel their reservation, so you can change yours.

NOTE:
I have people talk to me all the time to combine ressies, and I do not do it if there are others I would inconvenience.
If someone wanted a full stay on the same site, then they should have made one long reservation.
Chances are the person had to make 2-3-4 different ressies, because the sites were already taken by others.
The rule of first-come-first-served must apply for reservations.
If folks want a contiguous stay, then they need to make the ressie earlier.
The Fort is getting so popular that folks book 400-450 days in advance (up to 499 nights for holidays).

Agreed, Rusty. If dates don't line up nicely it can be a mess.

But when you have a Sunday through Wednesday reservation for a Premium...<for example>

And you want to add the adjoining Wednesday through Saturday on a reservation for a Premium which appears to be available online ....

Disney shouldn't make it such an ordeal to give you a single Sunday through Saturday reservation for a Premium. No inconvenience to anyone except to me when they say No. But they have the corporate aversion to (perceived) empty room nights - meaning guests playing by the rules are smarter than the people making the rules. <what empty room nights I ask?>

Some of us want a contiguous stay but the WDW system can't handle a Net Add; it wants to do a Full Disconnect/Add New Service Order <so to speak> which isn't always available according to their booking rules.

Lived it. Had a reservation.

Done it. Wanted to add days to the reservation <available online>. Same level. The Disney system couldn't do it.

Called the Reservation Line to ask for it. No Mr. Bama Ed I heard. Told the CM their system was full of it.

So I hung up and booked online a second stand alone reservation adjacent to the dates I already had.

Then called back to have the two reservations merged into one (which was all I wanted in the first place).

No excuses. We can make this happen. Done.

giphy.gif

Bama Ed

PS - merging reservations is almost like Mission Impossible...

Last edited:
This is why you hire a travel agent. Tell them when you want to go, then go about your everyday like while they deal with the headache and never charge you a dime.

There is truth to that, but then if you want to make any changes to the reservation yourself you can't because Disney will only deal with the agent.

There is truth to that, but then if you want to make any changes to the reservation yourself you can't because Disney will only deal with the agent.

True, but my agent responds within minutes. I just made a change and he handled it immediately. Trying to make changes on their website is a huge headache anyway. You pretty much always have to call. I'm not a phone person, so just emailing him what I want and letting him do it works really well for me.

True, but my agent responds within minutes. I just made a change and he handled it immediately. Trying to make changes on their website is a huge headache anyway. You pretty much always have to call. I'm not a phone person, so just emailing him what I want and letting him do it works really well for me.

We used an agent who is a friend of my daughter's for our trip this last week and she was the same way. In fact, she put in about 20 hours of hold/talk time figuring out where we were going to be staying when FW was closed. She was a huge help, I just like being able to make changes myself.

just like being able to make changes myself.

1) Alas, when you have an agent THEY own the reservation, not you.
2) And, only the person owning the reservation can make changes to it.
3) Can you imagine the potential problems if anyone could change a reservation?
. . . people could have their ressie cancelled
. . . people could have their ressie changed to dates and resorts they didn't want
. . . people could have options and costs added without their knowledge
4) If you want to make changes yourself, you *usually* need to make the ressie yourself at the start.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter