*****Come join the FUN! - OFFICIAL April 2018 Thread*****

pigletgirl

Mama to 4 Disney loving kids!
:welcome:

Welcome to the official April 2018 planning thread! This will be the place to discuss all things Disney as we prepare for our big trip down to the House of the Mouse!:mickeyjum

A little about myself, my name is Emily, and I have been married to my DH for almost 6 years, and we have two little girls, DD1 3.5 years (4 in May), and DD2 1 year. At the time of travel they'll be almost 5, and 2. This trip is intended to celebrate DD1 turning 5, and going to Kindergarten!

So, let's get this party started!:tink:

***Please be aware, that I will be updating this list every few days! Can't wait to see who will be joining me!***
DATES AND RESORTS
04/14-04/21 - DagwoodDisney - TBA
04/14-04/28 - hsmamainva - TBA
04/21-04/28 - amandaleigh2 - TBA

04/22-05/06 - pigletgirl - TBA

Last edited:

Hello! April 21-28 (although we may move to a week earlier depending on my son's testing schedule). It will be me, DH, DS 8 and DS 4. We've stayed at Caribbean Beach our last 2 trips, but with the construction going on and the changes coming to the resort, we may rethink that. Right now I'm leaning towards Wilderness Lodge.

Hello! April 21-28 (although we may move to a week earlier depending on my son's testing schedule). It will be me, DH, DS 8 and DS 4. We've stayed at Caribbean Beach our last 2 trips, but with the construction going on and the changes coming to the resort, we may rethink that. Right now I'm leaning towards Wilderness Lodge.
Welcome!! We're also very undecided about resorts. The girls are young enough that we could definitely just stay in our standby, Pop Century. I think I'm leaning towards the Wilderness Lodge or the Polynesian? I'm still working out a budget, so we'll see. We could even do POFQ again, or maybe try POR. Decisions, decisions. Part of the fun for me is the planning!

Hi! Planning has begun for April 14-21! Myself, DH, DS(16), DS(13), DD(8). Have stayed at POR and Beach Club on previous trips. Undecided on hotel at this point but considering Beach Club, Boardwalk, Wilderness Lodge or possibly springing for Poly. DH would love to stay at WL, but we all enjoy walking to Epcot from BC or BWI.

I'll be watching for when the flights are released so I can hopefully grab tickets at a reasonable price. I love the planning too.

Hi! Planning has begun for April 14-21! Myself, DH, DS(16), DS(13), DD(8). Have stayed at POR and Beach Club on previous trips. Undecided on hotel at this point but considering Beach Club, Boardwalk, Wilderness Lodge or possibly springing for Poly. DH would love to stay at WL, but we all enjoy walking to Epcot from BC or BWI.

I'll be watching for when the flights are released so I can hopefully grab tickets at a reasonable price. I love the planning too.
Welcome!!!

We will be there April 8-18 at BC/ POLY (5 each).So excited to be taking the whole family this time. (DD moved out and this will be her first time in a while).

Last edited:
We wil be there! Just got back from an AMAZINGLY magical and perfect trip at SOG and ready to start planning again. We will likely be at SOG again-however if extended family joins us then we very well might stay at WL. Unsure of dates but looking at 8 nights either arriving April 15 or 16! WL was our child's first trip many years ago so it holds a special place in our hearts and we always spend lots of time visiting and eating there.

Hello all! We are booked April 20-25 at the Treehouse Villas! It will be me, my boyfriend of ten years, and his mother and father who are DVC members. This will be our fifth trip together and my 28th trip overall! We are going so my boyfriend and his mom can run the race! I'm excited, as it's been two years since we've been and our last trip was a very miserable one!

I feel silly asking this, but how do you book so far out? We booked through an agent our last trip but I'm hoping to do it all myself this time. On the disney website it doesn't even give the option to go past December '17 from what I can tell? I know I'm missing something!

I feel silly asking this, but how do you book so far out? We booked through an agent our last trip but I'm hoping to do it all myself this time. On the disney website it doesn't even give the option to go past December '17 from what I can tell? I know I'm missing something!

I don't know if it's different if you are doing DVC? I'm never in charge of booking so I'm not 100% but the boyfriend's parents are DVC members and go every month or so, (his aunt works for Disney and lives in Orlando) so we are never in charge of booking the hotel. Have you tried calling Disney directly? Maybe you can't do it online but can do it over the phone?

You can book a room by phone 499 days prior to arrive. (I think that number is correct). Prices for next year haven't been released yet so it's my understanding that although you can make a reservation you won't know what the cost will be. We plan on going April 2018 but are waiting for rates to be released and flights to be release. (We have to book JetBlue the moment it comes out!). Good luck!!

Joining in!! We will be at WDW for 2 days sometime the week of April 14-21....most likely April 18-19. We are actually renting a condo right on the beach on the Gulf Coast that week, but we are going to drive up for a couple days at our beloved WDW. Hoping to stay at a deluxe since we are only staying over 1 night. Plan is to do MK the first day bc MK is my fav and an absolute requirement. The 2nd day we want to go to AK bc we didn't go there our last 2 trips and we want to check out Pandora (of course) . I won't be planning quite as hard core as those of you going for full WDW vacations, but I'm definitely joining in and following along. I'll firm up the specific WDW dates as the trip gets closer and once the 2018 packages are available to book online.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!