Come on Estoppel!!!!

DWorldOrBust

There's no place like home...
My contract passed ROFR 13 days ago and I am still waiting on closing paperwork.. I am trying to book a 2BR at AKL in November and this is cutting too close to the 7mo window for comfort. I was really hoping to book before the 7 mo window opens and there are no 2br's left! I am biting my nails off over here...

We are just behind you a few days (passed ROFR on 2/25) and want to book before the 7 month window opens up for our home resort in mid-November, too.

My contract passed ROFR 13 days ago and I am still waiting on closing paperwork.. I am trying to book a 2BR at AKL in November and this is cutting too close to the 7mo window for comfort. I was really hoping to book before the 7 mo window opens and there are no 2br's left! I am biting my nails off over here...

I thought the estoppel happened prior to ROFR to verify the sellers account/point status?

:earsboy: Bill

Based on review of the timeline thread, people have received their closing docs 17 days after passing ROFR. We are at day 14. I'm getting tired of constantly checking my email.

This process is making me a stalker! I used to check the ROFR thread and now I've moved onto the estoppel thread. Hahahaha....I guess I'm technically on day 10 after ROFR (just found out today that we passed ROFR on 2/20), so hopefully the wait for closing documents will seem faster! What's the next thread to stalk after this one? :rotfl:

Closing, deed filed then able to book. Once you get your closing documents it looks like around 27 more days until you can book.

ThiS is a weird change when I bought resale I received my closing docs the day after passing ROFR. I'd chase the docs.

We just finished our resale purchase last month. According to what the closing company told us estoppel is requested from Disney as soon as ROFR is passed and typically takes a week to 10 days (though it was taking much longer in Dec because DVC was so busy preparing documents for member dues that they put estoppel requests on the back burner). Once the closing company gets the estoppel info they then prepare and email our closing documents-our broker gave us a timeline at the beginning of the resale process and it did have listed 14 days from passing ROFR to receiving closing documents. If you have waited 14 days already and not heard anything (we were told upon passing ROFR closing company was running a little behind and it might take 17 days) I would reach out to the closing company. Ours was very nice-I called to inquire (because our contract had unbanked points expiring soon) and we actually got our closing documents later that day.

I was told today that it is running more like 3 weeks right now. We passed rofr on 2/25 and he said it would be 3rd week of March most likely. timeshare store, magic vacation title.

Does the length of time it takes to get estoppel from Disney vary with different title agencies? Someone on the Timeshare Store timeline (we are using them as well) posted that they got their closing docs days after passing ROFR (2/16-2/19) I'm wondering how it can vary that widely.

Does the length of time it takes to get estoppel from Disney vary with different title agencies? Someone on the Timeshare Store timeline (we are using them as well) posted that they got their closing docs days after passing ROFR (2/16-2/19) I'm wondering how it can vary that widely.

I thought that Disney pretty standard turn around time for estoppel based on my conversations with our title company (usually a week to 10 days) but if disney has something "more important" to work on estoppel kind of gets pushed to the side (in dec this happened due to preparing/sending out member dues supposedly). Perhaps with Poly sales ramping up the people who handle/provide estoppel info are working on getting new members set up? (Just a guess obviously)
Plus the timeshare store typical uses the title company you said you are going through so I wouldn't think that would affect it-but didn't that other poster you mentioned also say that the sale was in foreclosure/default or something? That may have sped things up for them if DVC financing wanted their money lol

I asked our agent, who said, "Really comes down to how quickly DVC can get the information to the closing company."

I thought that Disney pretty standard turn around time for estoppel based on my conversations with our title company (usually a week to 10 days) but if disney has something "more important" to work on estoppel kind of gets pushed to the side (in dec this happened due to preparing/sending out member dues supposedly). Perhaps with Poly sales ramping up the people who handle/provide estoppel info are working on getting new members set up? (Just a guess obviously)
Plus the timeshare store typical uses the title company you said you are going through so I wouldn't think that would affect it-but didn't that other poster you mentioned also say that the sale was in foreclosure/default or something? That may have sped things up for them if DVC financing wanted their money lol
Thanks for the educated guesses--frustrating, but nothing we can do I guess. I wouldn't care, except we are trying to get into our home resort for mid-Nov before 7 mo. opens up, so we want to be able to book by 4/15. Just have to wait and see . . . not my strong suit! ;-)

I have to ask again, isn't the estoppel issued by Disney prior to ROFR? Using the correct term and knowing when it happens can make a big difference to those anxiously waiting to make their first reservation.

I have to ask again, isn't the estoppel issued by Disney prior to ROFR? Using the correct term and knowing when it happens can make a big difference to those anxiously waiting to make their first reservation.

Wow, would love to know the answer to that!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!