Come on Estoppel!!!!

Wow...that would push me over the edge. I just got an email from my title insurance co telling me Disney can take 2-3 weeks to issue estoppel . Sounds like you are way over that on at least one.
waaaay over!! we will be one month this sunday

We just passed ROFR, and now onto the E-Stoppel stage. Just a few questions, I guess I could email my broker but thought I'd get quicker responses here.

Does the E-Stoppel paperwork to sign come through email or mail? Once that paper work comes in, do we wire the funds at the same time? I'm assuming I don't need to pay anything until the paperwork comes in, and that should be in around 3 weeks?

We just passed ROFR, and now onto the E-Stoppel stage. Just a few questions, I guess I could email my broker but thought I'd get quicker responses here.

Does the E-Stoppel paperwork to sign come through email or mail? Once that paper work comes in, do we wire the funds at the same time? I'm assuming I don't need to pay anything until the paperwork comes in, and that should be in around 3 weeks?

I didn't get estoppel paperwork to sign, but once the title company gets that information from Disney, they prepare the closing documents. Most companies will email that to you. Then you sign and send the funds. So you don't need to do anything until the title company sends you closing documents. Some people have gotten it in as little as 1 week after ROFR, while others had to wait a month.

I didn't get estoppel paperwork to sign, but once the title company gets that information from Disney, they prepare the closing documents. Most companies will email that to you. Then you sign and send the funds. So you don't need to do anything until the title company sends you closing documents. Some people have gotten it in as little as 1 week after ROFR, while others had to wait a month.
or more than a month!!!

Home: SSR
Offer made: 11/8
Offer countered & accepted: 11/8
Sent to ROFR: 11/10
Passed ROFR: 11/21
Closing docs received: 12/14
Closing docs sent back:
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Points in my account:

We are working with Fidelity and have worked with them in the past. Their new title company is taking a long time to get the closing documents out.

Home: SSR
Offer made: 11/8
Offer countered & accepted: 11/8
Sent to ROFR: 11/10
Passed ROFR: 11/21
Closing docs received: 12/14
Closing docs sent back:
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Points in my account:

We are working with Fidelity and have worked with them in the past. Their new title company is taking a long time to get the closing documents out.
Congrats.....we passed ROFR on 11/28 and we are still waiting for closing docs. Hopefully we are getting closer.

Congrats.....we passed ROFR on 11/28 and we are still waiting for closing docs. Hopefully we are getting closer.
ANNNNNY day now!!!
Thanks! I would suggest nagging your agent to reach out to the title company. I had her do it three times because it seemed like the title company forgot about us. This morning was my third attempt, and "magically" after she reached out to them we got the closing documents.

You can also ask the title company yourself if you know what company it is. It should have been on the original documents you signed.

Thanks! I would suggest nagging your agent to reach out to the title company. I had her do it three times because it seemed like the title company forgot about us. This morning was my third attempt, and "magically" after she reached out to them we got the closing documents.

You can also ask the title company yourself if you know what company it is. It should have been on the original documents you signed.
this was what exactly happened to us! Agent got short with me in an email, and then a few hours later VOILA the problem was told to us and then very next day came my closing docs.... which we signed and sent the check back within minutes! Now we are waiting to be notified of a closing

We passed ROFR November 27th and have not received closing docs yet. I'm now worried that with Christmas around the corner we won't get them until January :(

We passed ROFR November 27th and have not received closing docs yet. I'm now worried that with Christmas around the corner we won't get them until January :(

I wouldn't be too worried about Christmas pushing it out until January, at least on the estoppel end (title company seems really variable). On my BCV contract, I passed ROFR on 11/21 and got closing docs on 11/29 and that included Thanksgiving in between. But my BWV contract is taking longer for estoppel (same title company). I've heard Disney slows in December as they prepare MF statements for members. It passed on 12/6 (though I think it actually passed 12/5) but the title company says they should have estoppel by early next week.

So fingers crossed!! The BWV contract is the one I need to book my 2018 vacation :-)

I wouldn't be too worried about Christmas pushing it out until January, at least on the estoppel end (title company seems really variable). On my BCV contract, I passed ROFR on 11/21 and got closing docs on 11/29 and that included Thanksgiving in between. But my BWV contract is taking longer for estoppel (same title company). I've heard Disney slows in December as they prepare MF statements for members. It passed on 12/6 (though I think it actually passed 12/5) but the title company says they should have estoppel by early next week.

So fingers crossed!! The BWV contract is the one I need to book my 2018 vacation :-)

Yes I keep telling myself not to get too worried. We do want to be closed by January 21st as that's the 11 month mark for booking Christmas at our new home at Aulani!

Yes I keep telling myself not to get too worried. We do want to be closed by January 21st as that's the 11 month mark for booking Christmas at our new home at Aulani!

:shamrock: Good luck! You should be fine though... but I well know how hard it is to wait :-)

Estoppel is provided to the closing company after ROFR. Estoppel is used by the closing/title company to prepare closing documents. Hope this helps.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!