Come on Estoppel!!!!

Yeah, we have Dec 30 to Jan 5 booked at OKW in studio and wanted to switch at 7 months. No such luck. And SIL was slowly deciding if they would come then too and finally decided about two weeks ago...but no 2BR available. And 2BR are typically last to go.

And I am hoping to use new points at BWV to book first week of March...7 month window opens early Aug and I just, the other day when replying here, noticed our contract closing by date is Aug 5. I surely hope we have points loaded by end of July so I can beat 7 month window. DH keeps asking if we got our points yet....silly him as we only went to ROFR on May 24. But I was hoping to have points around July 24....my birthday is the 17th so that would be nicer yet :D

Waiting on the points is going to be painful. I had originally wanted these to book for December, but that is not happening. Right now I just want them, hopefully won't take too long to put into our account.

Update, re purchase thru Fidelity. Received email today from closing company after i sent a 2nd email this am inquiring again as to status

4/20: Submitted to ROFR
5/9: Passed
5/24: Contract received
5/25: Cashier's check mailed w/docs
5/30: email from First American-our docs received in office
6/14: following email received from First American

"We have finalized the transaction. Disney has been notified of the change of ownership. Please allow Disney 7-14 business days to complete the transfer. Disney will provide you a welcome letter including your membership id number within 30 days by regular mail. Your owner’s policy, recorded deed and refund check for $50.00 will go out by regular mail within 5-7 business days"

This add on to existing contract, same resort/UY should be much quicker than 30 days I'd hope

No idea re $50 refund, sure not going to complain to get some $ back.

6/15: Recorded by close of business

55 days thus far for those also im-patiently waiting

One step closer. Recieved notice that my deal has closed and the deed was sent to be recorded. Does anyone know how long this takes? Thank you
Going by the date the closing agency said we closed, ours took 1 day to show up on the county's website

Home: AKV
Offer made: 5/16
Offer countered & accepted: 5/17
Sent to ROFR: 5/18
Passed ROFR: 5/31
Closing docs received: 6/12
Closing docs sent back: ???
UGH! I have an online bank. They've usually been great, but their cashier's check feature is down with technical difficulties the past few days. I've called customer service and they acknowledged the tech issue, but couldn't help. Since there are no physical bank branches near me, there's no way to get the cashier's check. It's been a process to say the least. My title company said I could wire the funds for a fee, so I guess I'll be giving up on a fix at my bank and doing that instead.

Last edited:
Well today when I went to Fed Ex the check and closing documents back they asked me if I wanted them there Tuesday! I was like I want them there today! But I settled for tomorrow. The seller has been very prompt on his end so far so i am hoping that continues.

UGH! I have an online bank. They've usually been great, but their cashier's check feature is down with technical difficulties the past few days. I've called customer service and they acknowledged the tech issue, but couldn't help. Since there are no physical bank branches near me, there's no way to get the cashier's check. It's been a process to say the least. My title company said I could wire the funds for a fee, so I guess I'll be giving up on a fix at my bank and doing that instead.

Oh wow, that's crazy. I hope you can get it wired without any issues! There have been some crazy scenarios on this thread!

Most online banks take business days to wire $ to B&M bank you have designated. They could cut a cashier's check or bank draft but woud delay the process.

I'd be requesting a refund of the fee to wire the $ to closing company from online bank if nothing else.

Good luck

After deed is recorded how long before membership info? It was recorded this morning. I am almost there:jumping1::mickeyjum:mickeyjum
From what I remember, though it's been a few years, if you are already member and new contract is same names and UY it will be loaded in to your membership in about 2 weeks. If new member it will take about a month.

Boardwalk 200 points

Offer made and accepted 6/3
Sent in to ROFR 6/5
Passed ROFR 6/16
Passed estoppel ???
Closing docs received by me ???
Sellers docs received ???
Deed filed and points transferred????

I was asked by my broker to resend my signed contract as the copy sent to Disney was fuzzy on Monday 6/12. I think that I may have have gone through ROFR more quickly had they not needed this. I am super happy at how quickly this has been so far. Fingers crossed that it continues to be this way. Thanks for all of the responses here, I have learned so much!

Boardwalk 200 points

Offer made and accepted 6/3
Sent in to ROFR 6/5
Passed ROFR 6/16
Passed estoppel ???
Closing docs received by me ???
Sellers docs received ???
Deed filed and points transferred????

I was asked by my broker to resend my signed contract as the copy sent to Disney was fuzzy on Monday 6/12. I think that I may have have gone through ROFR more quickly had they not needed this. I am super happy at how quickly this has been so far. Fingers crossed that it continues to be this way. Thanks for all of the responses here, I have learned so much!
I am waiting on BWV too. Passed ROFr on 6/2 and waiting for closing papers. Fingers crossed for all of us waiting that they pick up the pace a tad.

I am waiting on BWV too. Passed ROFr on 6/2 and waiting for closing papers. Fingers crossed for all of us waiting that they pick up the pace a tad.
I thought that I just read a post that said that they were working on June 1st in estoppel. Not sure I remember if they stated how they knew this but hopefully that means your will get your closing docs soon!

Can anyone tell me if the Hilton Head deeds are recorded in Orlando? Or would they be in South Carolina?
I'm told ours is being recorded today and I just wondered if it was Florida or not.
Thanks!
Debbie

Not yet... by my calculations we should hear something before weeks end.

Boy, I'm anxious to start planning our next adventure.
I thought so too...hear by end of Friday. Also anxious to use my new points. Before 7 month window which is Aug 3.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!