Come on Estoppel!!!!

I thought so too...hear by end of Friday. Also anxious to use my new points. Before 7 month window which is Aug 3.

Also very close to mine, our 7 mo window opens July 10. I'm sure we'll miss it but my daughter, bless her heart, has got her fingers crossed tightly.

Also very close to mine, our 7 mo window opens July 10. I'm sure we'll miss it but my daughter, bless her heart, has got her fingers crossed tightly.
Bummer. I leave today to go away for 9 days, while DH stays home, so now it will be an additional 9 days added. was hoping to get docs by this morning.

Home: HHI
Offer made & accepted: 5/5
Sent to ROFR: 5/8
Passed ROFR: 5/19
Closing docs received:6/12
Sent them back: 6/13
Closed and Deed Recorded: 6/22
Points loaded:?????

We are members but this is a new resort and different UY so I'm told Disney can take a couple weeks to load the points. So now I have to stalk my own DVC page? Does anyone know if the second contract will just pop up on my log in? Or do I need to call Disney to have them linked to my online account?
The resort and UY are different but the registered owners are exactly the same.
Thanks!!

Update, of sorts:bitelip:

4/20: Submitted to ROFR
5/9: Passed
5/24: Contract received
5/25: Cashier's check mailed w/docs
5/30: email from First American-our docs received in office
6/14: following email received from First American

"We have finalized the transaction. Disney has been notified of the change of ownership. Please allow Disney 7-14 business days to complete the transfer. Disney will provide you a welcome letter including your membership id number within 30 days by regular mail."

On Monday, 6/19 Disney verified they had everything they needed on 6/14.

Was told they are very busy, call back in a few days for update

Called today as instructed, this time told that the person 'doing it' only comes in the weekends.

:eek:
:sad2:

Was told to call back Monday to see if the points have been deposited into my account but reminded it could take 2 - 3 weeks even for existing members.

:bored:So, since when did they start only processing resale addon points on the weekend?:confused3

Bummer. I leave today to go away for 9 days, while DH stays home, so now it will be an additional 9 days added. was hoping to get docs by this morning.
Just drove 5 hours for a trip. Got in two hours ago and just see my closing docs pop up in an email....just now. Sigh. Will print, sign and overnight to hubby for him to sign and send in. Want to get 'er done.

Update, of sorts:bitelip:

6/14: following email received from First American

"We have finalized the transaction. Disney has been notified of the change of ownership. Please allow Disney 7-14 business days to complete the transfer. Disney will provide you a welcome letter including your membership id number within 30 days by regular mail."

On Monday, 6/19 Disney verified they had everything they needed on 6/14.

Was told they are very busy, call back in a few days for update

Called today as instructed, this time told that the person 'doing it' only comes in the weekends.

:eek:
:sad2:

Was told to call back Monday to see if the points have been deposited into my account but reminded it could take 2 - 3 weeks even for existing members.

:bored:So, since when did they start only processing resale addon points on the weekend?:confused3
That makes no sense. Why would they just do them on weekends??

That makes no sense. Why would they just do them on weekends??

The cynic in me would say it makes perfect sense to DVC.

Why hurry the process for those who buy resale? It's a bona-ride selling tool to say you will have your points available the next business day vs a lengthy weight.

Likely busy processing copper canyon purchases and the way disney likes to run a tight ship as to employee costs, a part-timer for resale processing is probably a huge hit for them.

I'm big on instant gratification & have bought direct in the past but after they added resale closing costs several years ago it's not worth it to me to pay 3 X more than what i have been able to secure.

Honestly, thought it was a puffed up disclaimer it could take 14 business days for even an existing member with resale purchase to same UY/resort, joke's on me

Home: SSR
Offer made & accepted: 5/19
Sent to ROFR: 5/22
Passed ROFR: 6/2
Closing docs received:6/23
Sent them back: 6/24

We're slowly getting there! Interesting that I emailed my agent last night asking for an update and received the closing docs today...hmmm.... :)

Stacey

We're slowly getting there! Interesting that I emailed my agent last night asking for an update and received the closing docs today...hmmm.... :)

Stacey

Awesome! Gives me hope that I'll hear something soon! Mine passed rofr same day.

Stacey

6/24 is tomorrow.

Just received my closing docs, and will be sending them back today. One step closer!!!
You'll be a few days ahead of me even though we got our docs yesterday. I printed, signed and overnighted...for not so small fee :scared:...to DH who will get them tomorrow, sign and try to FedEx them tomorrow but likely won't get to it tomorrow. Boo. That's okay. We're getting closer.

Transaction completed :banana:

6/14: email received from First American that docs sent to DVC
6/23: points appeared in my account this afternoon:tiptoe:

I bid you all adieu:wave2:, good luck to all for a speedy completion of your purchase & that you'll soon be hearing "welcome home":wizard:

I am waiting on my BWV add on...
Offer on 5/22
Sent to ROFR on 5/24
Passed on 6/2
Closing docs received on 6/22
Closing docs and check sent back on 6/24
Closing docs from us received on 6/27
Waiting for sellers docs
Next up....closing

Edited to update

Last edited:
How long can it take to get your closing documents? We passed ROFR on 6/6. I'm wondering how long I should Wait until I ask my agent what's going on?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!