Comfort level of heels during wedding/ MK portrait sessions?

spookycute

Planning a wedding!
Hi everyone! Brand new to this board, and planning a Wishes wedding, I seem to have a lot of questions I didn't expect. I have the Fairytale Weddings Guide, but I'm not sure this particular point is covered:

Has anyone here had experience with a full day of photos and wedding and etc in their wedding heels (4" stiletto seem to be the standard "wedding shoe") and lived to tell the tale? Does anyone have suggestions for good times to swap to more comfortable footwear without sacrificing pictures, if your dress isn't floor-length? Should I bring flats with me somehow? I don't often wear 4" stilettos, but all the shoes I've found that match my dress are both 4" and a stiletto heel! I'm hoping I can make them work without dying, and I very much appreciate any knowledge re: when it's a good time to rest my feet or if it hasn't really been a problem for most brides.

Thanks in advance to anyone who has any tips for me with this weirdly specific question. :)

As someone who becomes extremely cranky when she's uncomfortable, I'd suggest finding comfier shoes that work with your dress. You don't want to be miserable on what's supposed to be one of the happiest days of your life!

Do you have a photo of your dress? Do the shoes really have to match, or could they be metallic or a complementary color? What about a wedge instead of a stiletto?

I had 2 inch heels with my dress and was fine my whole wedding day. But the portrait session my feet were dying. I was pretty much standing on my feet without a break the entire Magic Kingdom and Epcot shoot. I'd recommend at least bringing some comfier shoes to wear while you walk around between pictures

Is your dress going to be floor length? also you can always bring a change of slippers so that when you're ready to do something that calls for your wedding shoes and then slip the slippers back on and keep it moving I am all about comfort but also always about making sure I pull off a look. :laughing:

Even if 4 inch is the standard, I would keep looking for shoes that fit your style with a shorter heel. Wedding days and photoshoot days are long and I am a comfort-over-appearance-girl, in day to day I go for 2-3 inch max. I only do higher heels when I know I can sit often or take them off when nobody notices. (Think the opening of the movie Roman Holiday). So if I would go for a higher heel, I would a. make sure I can take them off quickly (so no complicated laces or buckles), and b. have flats to switch to as soon as I can.

To give you a different point of view, besides the photoshoot. As a guest, when I see a bride in high heels, I start to focus on the bride's ability to walk on them and how comfortable she is. If she can't or is uncomfortable, it can distract me from the dress or the ceremony, her walking down the aisle etc.

To give you a different point of view, besides the photoshoot. As a guest, when I see a bride in high heels, I start to focus on the bride's ability to walk on them and how comfortable she is. If she can't or is uncomfortable, it can distract me from the dress or the ceremony, her walking down the aisle etc.

We are the same person lol I have the same problem I stare anytime someone wears heels that very high I become hyper-focused on whether they are pulling it off or not lol

My dd bought a cute pair of off white sneakers with pearls on them from Kelinfeld (where she got her dress). She is definitely planning on using them sometime during the day.

My dd bought a cute pair of off white sneakers with pearls on them from Kelinfeld (where she got her dress). She is definitely planning on using them sometime during the day.
I was recently at a very formal wedding where the bride and all of the bridesmaids switched into matching flip flops after dinner was served and before the dancing began. It looked fine and everyone understood why they did it. It seemed sensible, not to mention essential to their enjoyment of the fun reception.

I was recently at a very formal wedding where the bride and all of the bridesmaids switched into matching flip flops after dinner was served and before the dancing began. It looked fine and everyone understood why they did it. It seemed sensible, not to mention essential to their enjoyment of the fun reception.

:) They have those too!

So I'll be the odd one out - but with a caveat! - as you can see from my Avatar I like high heels and frequently wear heels that are 5-6" high. My wedding heels were about 4" and I bought wedge flip flops to hide under my long dress for the long days. We did two park shoots on back to back days and I ended up wearing my heels for the entirety of both shoots. I tried wearing the flip flops for the MK shoot as you couldn't see my feet but as someone used to depending on heels to make her feel confident and powerful I just felt frumpy and hot in the flip flops and immediately switched back to the heels. This however is DEEPLY tied to my wearing of heels every day and probably doesn't apply to someone who says they don't wear heel often.

Hi everyone! Brand new to this board, and planning a Wishes wedding, I seem to have a lot of questions I didn't expect. I have the Fairytale Weddings Guide, but I'm not sure this particular point is covered:

Has anyone here had experience with a full day of photos and wedding and etc in their wedding heels (4" stiletto seem to be the standard "wedding shoe") and lived to tell the tale? Does anyone have suggestions for good times to swap to more comfortable footwear without sacrificing pictures, if your dress isn't floor-length? Should I bring flats with me somehow? I don't often wear 4" stilettos, but all the shoes I've found that match my dress are both 4" and a stiletto heel! I'm hoping I can make them work without dying, and I very much appreciate any knowledge re: when it's a good time to rest my feet or if it hasn't really been a problem for most brides.

Thanks in advance to anyone who has any tips for me with this weirdly specific question. :)
I am telling you right now, I wore flats the entire day and my feet were still killing me after the reception!!! Please remember, you are literally going to be on your feet almost the entire day (unless you don't dance) with the exception of the five minutes you take to try to shovel some food into your face before you're socially obliged to rejoin your guests to mingle. I had originally bought the most beautiful pair of stilettos to wear, but I'm so glad I decided against them! So you know what I did? I had my amazing stilettos shot in photographs at the hotel room before the wedding, and I left them there! Everyone thinks those were the shoes I was wearing for the wedding, but instead, I was wearing my comfy flats, and still got amazing pictures with the killer heels! They are more of a photo prop than footwear anyway, so why not be comfy!?

My wedding shoes were comfy. Perfectly matched & stacked (thick) heel. No issues during wedding, reception, dessert party @ Epcot & photo shoot @ MK. Why put yourself thru the discomfort?

I am getting married at Disney in February and I could not imagine wearing 4" stilettos the whole day. I found shoes that look like converse (they are dance shoes so they are actually surprisingly comfortable). I realize silver sequin converse looking shoes aren't everyone's cup of tea, however I value comfort over fashion, and I think they look cool. Plus with my dress you won't see them at all. Especially with my portrait session, I don't want to be running around in heels and I don't like to be barefoot. Find what works best for you!

Had my wedding this past October, and wore bridal sandals from Nina (silver with rhinestones as accents). They were 1.5 inch heels. My feet were so tired at the end of the day, but at least I was able to still to walk / dance. My husband and I didn't do any portrait sessions though. Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!