Comments...Concierge, AAA Tickets and all...

my3kids

<font color=blue>Helpful Cruise Board regular!<br>
Great stay at DLR. We stayed in concierge and it was nice. It was probably not comparable to Animal Kingdom Lodge in services offered, but we got a nice breakfast each day and did enjoy the snacks in the day and evening. The fireworks were nice from the lounge except for one family with a slew of kids they tried to corral with a ring of chairs that they only begrudingly allowed others to pass through. Also, was very surprised to see people going in to breakfast in their pajamas....I'm not talking little kids. There were adult men and women in pj's!

We got the view of DTD that we reserved and really, not that that great. It wouldn't be a deal breaker for me in the future. They put us on the 9th floor and said that they had to take us away from the concierge floors becasue we wanted a day bed. Huh?? Whatever. It was nice but not nearly as large as our previous city view room in Marina. We could not use the steps to go from 9 to 11 so it was always the elevator wait, but never too bad. I wish the stairs were accessible for that though. I think I probably liked being in Marina better except for the conciege elevator and just walking to the pool so quickly.

Ate at ESPN Zone. When we got there we were told it would be 30 minutes to THREE HOURS!

Blue Bayou was nice but not worth the hype, in my opinion. There was literally nothing on the menu I wanted to eat. The rest of the family liked their food and the atmosphere was nice, but probably other atmospheres are nice too.

Could not have had nearly as nice a time without the AAA Enhanced Fast Pass feature. We had it several years ago just as a special ticket from AAA. This time it required buying the whole package. The benefit is really incalculable. I don't think I would go without it. We collected all the fast passes early on. For some the start time came around pretty quickly and we got a second set. We'd ride a few here and there that didn't have much wait. Then go from ride to ride with out fast passes, never waiting. Best feature offered, imo.

Flew into Orange County/SNA. Great place. Very convenient to DLR and to the Marriott Vills in Newport where we stayed the second half of the week. Went to Malibu once and coming back to Newport the 405 for 40 miles took oer 2 hours. I'm so glad we didn't take a direct flight into LAX. SNA was so nice and easy.

Forgot to say the parks looked beautiful with the Christmas decorations. We were in the days preceeding Thanksgiving and my kids actually wished it wasn't Christmasy yet, especially The Haunted Mansion. I thought it was all really nice though.

One more thing we really noticed, and this one wasn't so good. Smoking was unbelievable. Even in DL where I didn't think it was allowed there was a lot of smoke, especially at night. Downtown Disney was not easy to walk though with all the cigar smoke. That was a shame because we would have loved to hang out there some but it really was just too smokey.

Pools were nice and the weather was great. They do a very nice job keeping the pool area nice and having the lifeguards is so much nicer than most hotel pools.

Concierge lounge was always very well stocked. Never an empty space in the refrig. that was n't nearly immediately filled with more drinks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter