*COMPLETE* "For your safety no chanting in line" A Jan '18 Dining report

WOW is all I can say about your awesome reviews! You made me change some of our plans for our upcoming trip next month :)
Can you tell me if it costs to become a Landry's select club member? Thanks for all the wonderful invaluable information you give with your reviews!

Traci
:welcome:
Thank you for reading! The Landry's card costs $25 but you get a $25 reward on your birthday. You also earn one point for every dollar you spend. I hope you have a great time.

Great report!! Really enjoyed reading so far.

Welcome, thank you for reading! :wave2:

Enjoying your reviews. The edison looked great, am second guessing my decision not to visit now

Thank you for joining! :flower3: The Edison is a must do for us now. I tried the one in Los Angeles last week and it was just as good!

Following along!

Welcome! :)

THE EDISON LOS ANGELES

Hey Y’all! Here is a mini review on The Edison Los Angeles!

I had originally planned to visit The Edison over the weekend, but they were completely booked. My friend and I settled on a Thursday night dinner reservation. place was mostly empty, not sure why they require reservations. The décor was just as beautiful as the Disney location. They require a minimum spend of $50/table here.

OT65uFBl.jpg

j7BkQWul.jpg

My friend and I both went with The Centennial Steak.

gTfpnacl.jpg

Flame Grilled Flatiron Cut served with Edison Fries and a Whiskey Shallot Jus. $24.50

Omg…Their food is phenomenal! The steak was just as good as the one Kamal had at Disney. The Jus was heaven, it was sweet but spicy at the same time. Fries were thin, hot and crispy. I did ask for extra sauce to dip the fries in. We spent the night enjoying the band and people watching. So far, The Edison hasn’t disappointed. Looking forward to visiting other locations. Back to Disney!

[/SIZE][/CENTER]

D-luxe burger

We had just finished watching illuminations where I last left off. We exited out of International gateway and walked to the boardwalk hotel. Thankfully, an empty Disney Springs bus had just pulled up. I know what you’re thinking, how can they possibly be hungry after all that food? With us, it’s possible. ::yes::

as77JjHl.jpg

jAGandul.jpg

(notice Kamal in the background patiently waiting :hyper:) [/SIZE]

I went with the Southern Burger. (Well Done)
Signature Blend Beef topped with a Fried Green Tomato, Pimento, Lettuce, Grilled Onion and Bacon. $12.99

I didn’t learn my lesson at Sci-Fi, this burger is HEAVY. I was too tired to eat more than 3 bites.

Kamal had the Barbecue Burger. Signature Blend Beef topped with a Fried Onion Ring, Smoked Gouda, Bacon, Barbecue Sauce, Grilled Onion and Lettuce. $11.99

He said it was ok, He liked Sci-fi better. He kept hinting at ditching the burgers and going to The Edison…I’ve created a monster.:scared:

We split a large order of fries with 3 dipping sauces. Curry Ketchup, Garlic ranch and three mustard and honey. $7.49
The curry ketchup was nasty, that got thrown out immediately. Three mustards is your basic honey mustard, nothing to write home about. The garlic ranch took the cake, so much flavor!

D-luxe was good but we were exhausted so take this review with a grain of salt. We crawled back to the buses and it was light’s out.

TOTAL: $32.47
FOOD: 5/10
Decor: 4/10
[/CENTER]

I apologize for spacing out, let’s get this report wrapped up!

Last Day
2/17/18

No alarms went off this morning, needed to catch up on sleep. We snacked on School bread while packing and getting ready for the day. I adore AKL and the thought of going back to values on my next trip was starting to depress me. I snapped out of depression when I found an FOP FP, we quickly got ready and checked in luggage. Can we talk about how amazing resort airline check in is? I love dropping off my luggage and not seeing it until I land, one of the reasons I love staying on property.
Disney Transportation was on point, we were at AK in 10 minutes.

But first, Pongu Pongu.

xicgDw7l.jpg

Pongu Lumpia $2.99

qzZExBDl.jpg

New pastry items

Time for FOP!
ktc1y78l.jpg

This time we were on Level 3, Seats 1 and 2. We did notice distortion, level 2 seems to have the best view. We made our way out of Pandora in search of a snack, the smell of corn was taunting us.

3Kq9w3Ll.jpg

Harambe Fruit Market corn-on-the-cob. Flame grilled, butter dipped and berber spiced $4.50
This was bomb, the butter and spices are perfect together.
Kamal wanted to do Everest while I wanted to meet Rafiki. We split up and agreed to meet at Yak and Yeti within an hour.

First up, we have Firecracker shrimp.

55LAFACl.jpg

Crispy fried shrimp tossed in a creamy, spicy sauce, Asian slaw $11.99
Loved the creamy sauce on the crispy shrimp. This was very good, but I wish I went with the ahi tuna nachos I had been craving.

I had the Garlic lobster noodles

QQ0vsvil.jpg

$30.99
If you love seafood, this dish for you! Tons of fresh lobster, shrimp and scallops. I did find the sauce to be overpowering after a couple of bites.

Kamal ordered the Chicken Tikka Masala. Notice him waiting in the background :rolleyes1

GeweipPl.jpg

Boneless chicken breast marinated in yogurt and freshly ground herbs cooked in a traditional Masala sauce, jasmine rice, garlic naan bread $23.99
This is his go to dish, he loves it!
Overall, we love Yak and yeti. The food is always fresh, big/filling portions and the décor is nice.

We ventured back over to Harambe fruit market to grab dessert and watch the street performers.

rBswdmcl.jpg

Watermelon $4.50

XmnilXKl.jpg

…I have questions Disney o_O why is a grown man in fishnets

Food: 7/10
decor: 8/10
TOTAL: $101.24
Used (3) $25 rewards at Yak and Yeti.
[/CENTER]

Kamal insisted on Satu'li for dinner, It has become our new favorite CS!

He had a kid’s Sustainable Fish Bowl w/salad and a Slow-Roasted Sliced Grilled Beef Bowl with brown rice.
dlrE8cjl.jpg

$5.99

yISkyPml.jpg

$12.49

I had a chicken bowl with brown rice and creamy herb dressing.
GqZQvmVl.jpg

$11.49
The dressing was very good, I enjoyed it more than the chimichurri.

And of course, we could not resist the Blueberry Cream Cheese Mousse
rAERk5Ll.jpg

$5.29 The yellow part is so good!

Unfortunately, this was our last meal of the trip. We sadly ate our dinner and requested an Uber to the airport. I will crunch numbers in the next post.

Food: 10/10
decor: 5/10
TOTAL: $35.26

[/SIZE][/CENTER]

Last edited:
NUMBERS :scared:
It's all rainbows and butterflies until you add it all up.

Food Total: $825
Rewards used: $125 Landry's club
+ $200 dvc tour GCs
Total Out of pocket:$500

The dining plan would've been $754.90 but we wouldn't have been able to use rewards and The Edison wasn't on DP at the time. Thank you for reading, see ya real soon!

Last edited:

Thanks for finishing up your report. Some great food during this last trip. You have persuaded me I need to try The Edison - and soon!

These fries look delicious! I'm not a big burger fan, so this place is not normally on my radar, but my fiance would probably love it.

This looks good. I've only tried one thing from the food of Pandora, I need to branch out more.

I love this type of dish, I almost always order it whenever I see it on a menu anywhere.

QQ0vsvil.jpg

$30.99
If you love seafood, this dish for you! Tons of fresh lobster, shrimp and scallops. I did find the sauce to be overpowering after a couple of bites.
This looks good and those are huge chunks of lobster, which is nice since you never know if you'll get a lot at these places.

This looks delicious too! I wish my fiance didn't hate this place, I want to go back. But it will definitely have to be without him.

This is my go to dish in Pandora :)

It looks like you had a great trip! I look forward to reading more of your reports in the future.

Loved your reviews and I just wanted to add I feel your pain about the pork thing and substituting. G*d made sure I would keep fairly kosher by making me allergic to pork but just about every place I have eaten in WDW will try at least once to get me to eat the pig. Sigh I will admit I am not perfect me and shrimp are best friends.

Thank you for the great reports....appreciate the pics and info. Was especially excited about your review of the schoolbread from Norway. I have seen mention on the Dis, good and bad, but never realized it is Cardamom bread. I LOVE CARDAMOM BREAD! Officially on my to-do list for our April trip. Might have passed it by if not for your dining review
:thanks:

Farah, I never seem to catch your reports when you are writing them but always love catching up! The story behind the report title is too funny. Poor brother being the target of chant-flirting :rolleyes2

The Edison looks amazing - I really want to get there on my next trip (probably just for cocktails, we have a homecoming reservation) but I am curious about whether they are consistently imposing the cover charge I've seen mentioned a few times. I'm sure the entertainment is great but there's lots of free entertainment at Disney Springs too!

Thanks for all the detailed reviews. We are DVC but also still rent DVC points at least once a year - I didn't want to buy more points than I needed so we just have a small contract and then rent points as needed. It works for us! I am with you on going back to values after those nice DVC rooms. Have you checked prices for the Swan/Dolphin to see how they compare? Super nice resorts also.

Thanks again!! :flower3:

Hey Guys! I wanted to apologize for not replying sooner. For some reason I don't remember getting notifications?! #MSproblems

Loved your reviews and I just wanted to add I feel your pain about the pork thing and substituting. G*d made sure I would keep fairly kosher by making me allergic to pork but just about every place I have eaten in WDW will try at least once to get me to eat the pig. Sigh I will admit I am not perfect me and shrimp are best friends.

lol It's not easy but manageable. Thank you for reading!

I enjoyed you report. Great pictures. Thanks for taking the time to post.

Thank you for taking the time to read!

I enjoyed your reviews. Thanks for sharing!

Thank you for joining!

Thank you for the great reports....appreciate the pics and info. Was especially excited about your review of the schoolbread from Norway. I have seen mention on the Dis, good and bad, but never realized it is Cardamom bread. I LOVE CARDAMOM BREAD! Officially on my to-do list for our April trip. Might have passed it by if not for your dining review
:thanks:

Omg..You HAVE to have it! I will be on a strict diet on my next trip and the one thing I feel sad about is not eating school bread. Maybe I can sneak a couple of bites :rolleyes1

Farah, I never seem to catch your reports when you are writing them but always love catching up! The story behind the report title is too funny. Poor brother being the target of chant-flirting :rolleyes2

The Edison looks amazing - I really want to get there on my next trip (probably just for cocktails, we have a homecoming reservation) but I am curious about whether they are consistently imposing the cover charge I've seen mentioned a few times. I'm sure the entertainment is great but there's lots of free entertainment at Disney Springs too!

Thanks for all the detailed reviews. We are DVC but also still rent DVC points at least once a year - I didn't want to buy more points than I needed so we just have a small contract and then rent points as needed. It works for us! I am with you on going back to values after those nice DVC rooms. Have you checked prices for the Swan/Dolphin to see how they compare? Super nice resorts also.

Thanks again!! :flower3:

Hey Melinda! Love seeing your comments, thanks for reading! I think Edison is having an identity crisis. I heard from a couple of people they weren't charged a cover fee but it's listed on their site? weird. I will be in Orlando late tonight, heard Edison is now open till 2 am. Maybe I can convince my group to have a late dinner there, I'll report back on cover charge issue.

I have looked into swan/dolphin but not a fan of paying a resort fee and we use ME. I do have a reservation at Garden Grove on Sat, That will give me a chance to check it out. How are wedding plans coming along? Can't wait to hear about your next trip!

Thanks for finishing up your report. Some great food during this last trip. You have persuaded me I need to try The Edison - and soon!

Thank you for reading! Please let me know if you liked Edison. I read some less than stellar reviews, wonder if we went on a good night?

These fries look delicious! I'm not a big burger fan, so this place is not normally on my radar, but my fiance would probably love it.

My brother loved this place! It was moderately priced and the burgers weren't flimsy QS burgers. I really enjoyed the fries.

This looks good. I've only tried one thing from the food of Pandora, I need to branch out more.

Pandora has the best snacks IMO. I could've eaten 10 of these!

This looks good and those are huge chunks of lobster, which is nice since you never know if you'll get a lot at these places

The best part was the seafood was cooked perfectly!

It looks like you had a great trip! I look forward to reading more of your reports in the future.

It was an awesome trip! Thank you for taking time to read! Can't wait to read about your wedding plans!

Thanks do much for the awesome review with some great pics and explanations of meal choices. I am Looking forward to trying that blue cream cheese dessert!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!